Anyone else out there so single they just want to scream???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
" first text message conversation"
Well I think that's your problem right there lol.
Call me old school, but texting, messaging, dating sites...that's horsecrap.
If you see a guy you like, walk over to him and say "Hey, got time for a chat?" Or "God, awful weather, ain't it?" ;-)
If there's something there, he'll stick around.
If not, well his loss will be someone else gain.
But above all else, SMILE.
Nothing cuter than a cute smiling lady ;-)

MisterLonely said:
Yes... *clears throat* .... but I won't

;) :D

Richard_39 said:
" first text message conversation"
Well I think that's your problem right there lol.
Call me old school, but texting, messaging, dating sites...that's horsecrap.
If you see a guy you like, walk over to him and say "Hey, got time for a chat?" Or "God, awful weather, ain't it?" ;-)
If there's something there, he'll stick around.
If not, well his loss will be someone else gain.
But above all else, SMILE.
Nothing cuter than a cute smiling lady ;-)

I spoke to him in the store first. We had a good conversation then. Once we got on the phone things got weird. He acted like he was texting me and another woman at the same time. Even asked me how I was doing multiple times. Then teased me about being old.  :( So I bowed out.

I find this an interesting concept for me. God, I'd love someone to hold and trust with all my life...but I'm scared because I see it as a responsibility. Without sounding overdramatic, I don't see myself living past 30, I'm reckless and life to me seems like a video game. So any girl I like, deserves a lot more than a man like me. If any girl did like me they'd have to get used to a lot of my bad habits. And to be honest I always imagine as I don't have a kid, "Would I want my Sister going out with a man like me?" and the answer is a quick no. Not because I'm not loyal or loving, but because I'm not "stable" enough for a relationship. I'm creative and I like being able to wake up and think "I've got no responsibilities, I could just go off to Tibet and become a monk". Obviously that's so unlikely but still being that free makes me happy, otherwise I become mentally chlostrophobic.

So yes...and no. Lol

I have felt that way a lot and even though for the last three years I have been pretty much alone and still married in a way it is very hard. I lived with my parents for the first two years, but now for the last year and a half I have lived on my own. I used to be happy even though I wasn't happy with her, but it is also very refreshing to finally feel like I can be myself for once in my life, sure it has taken a long time but I am getting there. 

I have tried to meet people haven't really had much luck. I think a lot of them really fear trying to get to know someone who is separated and I guess I don't blame them, you never know if they are going back to the person, so why pour all your feelings into someone who might not last. 

I have found certain groups that have helped me somewhat, at first it was a support group for Seperated, Widowed and Divorced and that was nice to meet people, ,but now that is not there anymore. Then I found out about a Connected Catholics singles group that meets and I have yet to attend that because of work hours in the past, well going to try and attend that now. I also found out through that group (email) about a dance studio here. I joined for a month back in early April and it was a lot of fun. I was starting to learn to dance and also was meeting people. So, it is something I definitely want to check out again once I have the money to afford a membership. That is a great way to meet people if you have any in your area. I never knew we had one. 

I also found out about another group that meets every other Saturday who are mostly singles and it's a Christian group. So I am going to check that out.  Still, even with all the time on my hands it gets very lonely, so I am so glad that I found this forum. I know I will make friends, but it's hard when you don't have any and I totally feel the so single part more than you know.  

I find myself watching tv, looking at my phone and just feeling lonely, it's definitely not a good feeling and I hope it changes, not just for me but for all of you.

NewStuff said:
Are guys really expecting women to be the one to approach them? I have approached guys but I seem to be terrible at picking a guy so I stopped.

Prefer it? Yes, particularly with the cultural climate being as it is.   Even if it's not someone I was interested in, it would be a polite "no thank you" plus some unsaid appreciation for the ego boost.

But I wouldn't expect it.  No way.  I get the impression most women would rather remain single than have to do that.

Single? Good stuff. After a particularly acrimonious break up in 2005 at age 35, I decided then and there to be single forever. And I did so successfully for twelve years. Then, silly sod I am, I went and fell in love. Deeply. I now have a broken heart that is the size of a medium to large spiral galaxy.

Stay single, kids.

TheLoadedDog said:
Single?  Good stuff.  After a particularly acrimonious break up in 2005 at age 35, I decided then and there to be single forever.  And I did so successfully for twelve years.  Then, silly sod I am, I went and fell in love.  Deeply.  I now have a broken heart that is the size of a medium to large spiral galaxy.

Stay single, kids.

Hmm. The grass is always greener on the other side

Moetan21 said:
TheLoadedDog said:
Single?  Good stuff.  After a particularly acrimonious break up in 2005 at age 35, I decided then and there to be single forever.  And I did so successfully for twelve years.  Then, silly sod I am, I went and fell in love.  Deeply.  I now have a broken heart that is the size of a medium to large spiral galaxy.

Stay single, kids.

Hmm. The grass is always greener on the other side

Ah, the whole "it is better to have loved and lost...blah blah blah" debate.  lol
Personally, I have been in love twice in my life and had my heart broken both times.  I wouldn't change it.  I'm glad for those two men, they taught me a lot, though indirectly, about myself and I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for them.  I have stayed in touch with both of them.  The first man not as often as I'd like and the second...well, we have to since we have kids together.  lol

So yeah, I would entirely recommend taking the leap if you get the chance.  Yes, you could get hurt, but it could get hurt not taking the leap too.

I split up from my wife in Dec 2006 and I have been both single and celibate from that point on. I think that I went through a phase a few years ago when I was so lonely that I would happily have jumped from a very high building, but these days, I'm just happy being me and I don't feel the need for a relationship. Oh, and I do think it's better to have loved and lost... but it's also way more painful than just never having loved at all.

TheLoadedDog said:
Single? Good stuff. After a particularly acrimonious break up in 2005 at age 35, I decided then and there to be single forever. And I did so successfully for twelve years. Then, silly sod I am, I went and fell in love. Deeply. I now have a broken heart that is the size of a medium to large spiral galaxy.

Stay single, kids.

I've had little luck finding a girlfriend and honestly, despite being in my early-mid twenties, I'm finally happy with being single. It took a couple years after having my heart broken during one of the worst times of my life but yeah, I'm finally happy being single. To me, getting married and having kids isn't worth it. I'd rather be a world traveler! :D

Cavey said:
Oh, and I do think it's better to have loved and lost... but it's also way more painful than just never having loved at all.

My sentiments too.

Yeah. Continuous screaming. I guess I am at that point in life where I want to share things with someone, not just experience them on my own. And it's not just that, but, I don't know how else to put it, I want to be committed to someone. And have someone feel the same way to me too of course. Someone who wants to honestly make an effort to try and make a relationship work, and explore the world, and life together, hand in hand and heart in heart. I just can't find any woman who likes me though, I guess.

It seems that love is overrated. Been married for only barely one year and I can tell you, most of the time, I think I was happier alone than married.

SadRabbit said:
It seems that love is overrated. Been married for only barely one year and I can tell you, most of the time, I think I was happier alone than married.

You can always go back.

Cavey said:
Oh, and I do think it's better to have loved and lost... but it's also way more painful than just never having loved at all.

Yes I believe that. I'm living proof.

Cavey said:

It's preferable to at least have had opportunity to experience that. Easier then to reconcile yourself to remaining single afterward.

SadRabbit said:

Ain't that the truth!

It's better to be single and lonely than married and lonely (not to mention the loss of freedom with the latter lol).

Latest posts

Back