Anyone from Victoria, Australia?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justanotherlaura

Reaction score
No, I don't expect you to give me your address and tell me who you are e.t.c, but it would be nice? to know someone on this forum who is going through the same thing as me actually lives nearby? Just curious :)

Yeep. Hi :p.

I also read your topic in the new members area. I know exactly how you feel because honestly I was in exactly the same situation as you when I left high school. And 1.5 years later I feel as if I'm still in the same position. I really don't know why I joined this site. My main problem is that I feel so out of place in life. I have many friends, but like in your situation, those friends have their own main groups which I'm not really a part of. And it's not so easy to just start hanging with a new group of friends. I've got a main group of guys that I also go out with - clubbing, movies etc. But for the most part, our interaction and time together is spent clubbing. It's even awkward for me to just say 'hey lets catch up for a coffee’ or ‘let’s hang out’. Because in a sense they're just clubbing mates.

I have to remember that I am lucky for what I have. I really appreciate the friends that I have. Because everyone that I do have in my life keeps me sane lol. I just wish I felt more belonging to a particular group of people. Because as you said in your post, sometimes you just feel as you're the person that's not entirely valued in your friend’s life.

I dunno. I keep moving on and I never give up in finding my place in life. I just feel as if things will change eventually and I'll find a group of mates that I truly feel a part of and where I can see us being lifelong friends. But yeah. I have a definite void in my life that needs to be filled.

Anyways. I'm 20, male and from Melbourne. If you like send us a PM on this site sometime and we can chat on this or msn or something :).

Latest posts

Back