Anyone up for some mindless prattle?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Corin

It's mildly frustrating to be signed into MSN for 48 hours and have no-one talk to you (if not for my boyfriend, I would never really have a reason to sign on). I think it would just be nice to have someone to talk to about anything at all, serious or trivial.

I'm really not picky at all, though I admit I have a slight bias against people who type in 'internetspeak' (as in "lol i c"). I'm not snobbish (I don't think), it just bothers the pedant in me =x

If you want to know a bit about me, I'm a 19 year old guy in university (though right now, I could hardly describe that as my full-time occupation, since I go to three lectures a week and spend 95% of my time cloistered in my room, but anyways..) living in Toronto. I have a boyfriend, but no friends (don't know how that happened). I use way too many parentheses (don't you think?).

My interests are pretty varied. I like math and logic, America's Next Top Model, poetry, French pop music, video games, and watermelon carving.

Anyways, I thought I'd just put that out there. If you want to take the chance, feel free to add me on MSN. If you think I'm insufferably pretentious, then well, it's only 10 minutes off your life, and you probably weren't going to do anything important with them anyways :3

My address is leech[...]boy[...]32[...]@[...]hotmail.com - I hope that's not too obnoxious a spam filter.

Hi corin and welcome here. I know what you mean about the msn. I have contacts on there that never speak. Don't mined that but if I try and talk to them and they don't answer back I do think that's ignorant. If there busy they should say so are if they don't wont to talk they should block you/me. But I have only one contact that dose this and he never talks to me and I do happen to know he dose it to others as well. I was at hes house and someone was trying to speak to him and he didn't even bother to look who it was. Just silly being signed in really I think. If am on line then I am available to talk to as is most of my contacts acutely. I am very lucky with the msn contacts I have. I really should spend moor time logged in then I do.

anyway I think this would be seen moor in the new member forum so am moving it there. I well leave a long redirect thingy here in the friends forum for you as well. If you wont it moving back at anytime just ask. But since this is your fist post I think it makes sense.

Heh, wherever you think it fits best, I'm amenable to.

And though I usually have about half a dozen people online at any given time, it's got to the point where I feel like I'm imposing on them by starting a conversation. If I'm always the one who has to initiate conversation, that suggests to me that the person probably isn't really interested in talking to me, and is just being polite. I don't know, maybe I'm just too timid. Or paranoid.

maybe it dose suggest that your imposing? I think its different for every one. I do think that most ppl on msn would wont to talk to you tho. If that's not the case then I think most ppl would block you. As they have not blocked you and appear on line to you then that would suggest that they still liked you. I have some ppl that never are the fist to start a convo. I think they are just thinking the same as you. They don't wont to impose. the problem I have is to many ppl try and talk. I am not that fast at typing and sometimes it dose feel like hard work trying to keep every body happy.

I would suggest to you that if they did not like you that they would not appear on line to you :)

Latest posts

Back