Anything specific that turns you on or off in a potential partner?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another pet peeve/turn off:
whenever anyone starts the conversation with: "So, what's your story?"
Something about that phrase.. Just comes off more rude and obnoxious sounding rather than inquisitive.

Stupidity and/or ignorance is something I couldn't deal with in a potential partner and therefore a turn-off.

Only 10 to 15% of the world is left handed, so you're getting a one of a kind.

They're artistic, innovative thinkers, too. Since lefties rely on the right side of their brains more, which is used for activities needing imagination, emotions and creativity, they're said to be better at music, art and language. The reasons are unknown, but studies have suggested that lefties have better rhythm.

There's no denying it, southpaws have had a tough run throughout history. Strange prejudices, taboos, links to Satan, 25 negative mentions in the bible. It was even grounds for divorce in Japan in the 20th century.

It's time we show some love to the left handed.

Yeah I'm left handed 😇

Oh Dear, Callie's going to hate that I'm ruling out 85% - 90% of the population on a preference .... I fear a skillet may be heading my way 😨 😰
*Puts my tirade cap on.......

I actually spawned two left handed children....BUT, the one is actually ambidextrous and the other I don't think should have been left handed, but well, at the time when he learned to write, the other one was using his left hand and I think that influenced him to also write left handed. For virtually everything else, they are right hand dominate.

So, my question is....are all left handed people really left handed?

*Puts my tirade cap on.......

I actually spawned two left handed children....BUT, the one is actually ambidextrous and the other I don't think should have been left handed, but well, at the time when he learned to write, the other one was using his left hand and I think that influenced him to also write left handed. For virtually everything else, they are right hand dominate.

So, my question is....are all left handed people really left handed?
Nah, we're all blagging it because we love not being able to use scissors, swipe debit cards or use measuring tapes ;)

Nah, we're all blagging it because we love not being able to use scissors, swipe debit cards or use measuring tapes ;)

Are you sure you could use scissors even if you were right handed? :p
But no, I mean like with my son, he can only write left handed, so he's classified as a "left handed" person, but he's right hand dominate for everything else, so is he really left handed? If you are dominate with you left hand in everything, that's different. I actually shoot pool left handed, but I'm right handed. lol

Measuring tape is right hand specific?

The DIY ones are, I think, they're designed to be pulled out with your left hand but I need my left hand for marking whatever I'm measuring so it's always upside down. It could be just me being crap at DIY tbh though.

:ROFLMAO: Yeah, perhaps not, unless supervised.

If you are dominate with you left hand in everything, that's different. I actually shoot pool left handed, but I'm right handed. lol
I do everything left-handed but I do play guitar right-handed as when I started I couldn't find a leftie one. At convent school they tied my left hand behind my back to get me to write right-handed and I could do it, blimey it was messy though, I stuck with my left hand for everything else just because it pissed the nuns off so much. So yeah maybe it is a preference thing ... I don't know.

Since I've never been in a position of getting to know potential partners, I have no idea. I haven't matured past Halo Effect bias towards women I'm attracted to and would probably overlook red flags just out of desperation.

Last edited:
But no, I mean like with my son, he can only write left handed, so he's classified as a "left handed" person, but he's right hand dominate for everything else, so is he really left handed? If you are dominate with you left hand in everything, that's different. I actually shoot pool left handed, but I'm right handed. lol

Yes, I think he should still be considered left-handed as that's his dominant hand for writing. I think many naturally left-handed people have to adjust to living in a right-handed world, so they've learned to use their right hand to manipulate many everyday objects. Scissors for instance - I'm strongly left-handed, but I use my right-hand for scissors. My mum was exactly the same. Back in the day when she was a child, I highly doubt left-handed scissors even existed so she compensated. When I was a child first learning to use scissors, I no doubt learned from my mum, so I'm right-handed too. Same idea with a computer mouse - most people are right-handed, so I learned to use a computer mouse with my right-hand. In a way, that's actually a good thing because it frees up my left-hand to write with.

I wonder if your son is left-side dominant? There's tests you can do to figure out whether you're left-sided in regards to footedness, eyes, ears. I'm strongly left-side dominant.

I wonder if your son is left-side dominant? There's tests you can do to figure out whether you're left-sided in regards to footedness, eyes, ears. I'm strongly left-side dominant.
(y) I just did one of these online. I'm 87% right brained. Callie almost had me thinking I was a right hander trapped in a southpaws body. ;)

Yes, I think he should still be considered left-handed as that's his dominant hand for writing. I think many naturally left-handed people have to adjust to living in a right-handed world, so they've learned to use their right hand to manipulate many everyday objects. Scissors for instance - I'm strongly left-handed, but I use my right-hand for scissors. My mum was exactly the same. Back in the day when she was a child, I highly doubt left-handed scissors even existed so she compensated. When I was a child first learning to use scissors, I no doubt learned from my mum, so I'm right-handed too. Same idea with a computer mouse - most people are right-handed, so I learned to use a computer mouse with my right-hand. In a way, that's actually a good thing because it frees up my left-hand to write with.

Right brained does mean left handed right?

Latest posts

Back