Are You A "Graphics Junkie"?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Greetings.:)

Graphics are certainly a big draw for some games. To my brother, they are super important to him. Myself, I'm not really a fan of graphics as I am of gameplay and story. You?

Graphics are nice, but they do not make up for uninteresting gameplay, in my opinion.

I play plenty of 'old' games, such as SNES, Genesis, and N64 games (emulated) on my PC - and, of course, the graphics of those system is archaic by todays Crysis 2, Masseffect 3, Battlefield3, and Call Of Duty 3 type standards.

Mount and Blade & Mount and Blade: Warband are also some of my favorites.

I've even been known to boot up the odd MUD :D.

I can appreciate a game for it's graphics, but ultimately good gameplay draws me back over and over again.

Lost count of the number of times I've played through System Shock 2, and I still revisit it every now and then, purely because the gameplay and atmosphere always impresses me despite the outdated graphics.

Epic agree on the System Shock 2.

I wish to all that is holy that I could get the darn game to play the multi-player COOP without crashing!

No one did, if someone edited your thread it was say who did in the blue bar with the posting date.

Sci-Fi said:
No one did, if someone edited your thread it was say who did in the blue bar with the posting date.
I really don't remember typing that, but with the late hours I keep maybe I did and just forgot. I quit drinking over a decade ago, and my memory has gotten worse. It should be the other way around.:p

ill take an awesome story and characters and/or gameplay experience over graphics any day. the combo of both however, can prove to be amazing overall.

LoneKiller said:
Greetings.:)

Graphics are certainly a big draw for some games. To my brother, they are super important to him. Myself, I'm not really a fan of graphics as I am of gameplay and story. You?

Personally I'm all about the gameplay, if it's not good I'll leave the game. I don't care about the story, but I can be a nice addition if it's not too long and/or annoying... That's why I tend to stick to Nintendo games, they often care a lot about gameplay.

I feel nowadays there are alot of games who use awesome graphics just because they can, and sometimes it's not the best option, there is beauty in simplicity as well.

Astral_Punisher said:
Graphics are nice, but they do not make up for uninteresting gameplay, in my opinion.

I play plenty of 'old' games, such as SNES, Genesis, and N64 games (emulated) on my PC - and, of course, the graphics of those system is archaic by todays Crysis 2, Masseffect 3, Battlefield3, and Call Of Duty 3 type standards.

Mount and Blade & Mount and Blade: Warband are also some of my favorites.

I've even been known to boot up the odd MUD :D.

I play those "old games" too.

And even older like DOS games. I'm a Apogee fan!

Felix said:
And even older like DOS games. I'm a Apogee fan!

Picard_full_of_win.jpg

Graphics are up there for me but if the game lacks story/gameplay its pointless to have good graphs.

Astral_Punisher said:
Epic agree on the System Shock 2.

I wish to all that is holy that I could get the darn game to play the multi-player COOP without crashing!

Oh, amen to that.

There's an easter egg in the game (don't know if you've seen it), where a robot at the start can be seen doing the Macarena.

However, when me and a mate played online his character model glitched out and while lagging all over the place started performing the Macarena randomly. Seeing a cyber soldier sliding sideways across the floor, flailing a wrench around as he does a ludicrous dance past a load of bloodied corpses...oh, we laughed for absolutely ages. Ruined the horror atmosphere a bit! :D

Unfortunately never got to play it fully thanks to freezing though.

I recently just started playing Thief 2 again. Funnily enough it uses the same engine as SS 2...and it's almost equally awesome. Medieval steampunk super dark fantasy setting? Check. Compellingly cynical protaganist? Check. I just played a mission where to get into a bank you have the option of firing a rope arrow into the ceiling and climbing down Mission Impossible style...why do modern games not show such genius? :\

Apparently they're making Thief 4, if they change those elements to lure in the "casual crowd" for a quick buck I will tactical facepalm.

Super Mario Bros 1 is a perfect example, that game has 1980's graphics but I play it more than some 360 games as the gameplay is more fun.

As some people say gameplay is more inportant. But I would not say no to a gaming PC with full HD graphics card one day.

Lets see what the next gen consoles bring us

Graphics are like the least important thing to me in games. Gameplay is what I care about. Having a nice story is a small bonus for me, but never the sole reason I buy a game. I play NES era games and newer games, as long as the games are fun I could care less about graphics.

Latest posts

Back