Are You Just Playing Games Here To Avoid More Serious Chat

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Unsigned I'm glad you feel you're ok. True there are always those in much worse situations, and I think in some ways that's a good way to ground yourself and have another look at what you might have to be grateful for. I think a lot of us would like for our lives to have been different, but, it is what it is.

I think a lot of people here are a bit scared can i say? About airing how they feel? When it comes to opinions or what they have going on at that time mentally. But i have branched out to people with messages etc and got nothing back, i didn't get offended as they may not want to talk to me or anyone in private :). Sometimes that's how it goes, but the games are fun. Also, certain topics etc could trigger people as well so that might be another reason for it.

I think a lot of people here are a bit scared can i say? About airing how they feel? When it comes to opinions or what they have going on at that time mentally. But i have branched out to people with messages etc and got nothing back, i didn't get offended as they may not want to talk to me or anyone in private :). Sometimes that's how it goes, but the games are fun. Also, certain topics etc could trigger people as well so that might be another reason for it.
Fair enough

Because many people who come here (myself included) have issues with depression, low mood, anxiety etc. and sometimes just want to relax, escape reality for a while and play a few games, rather than have a serious, weighty discussion or debate. If you want more serious discussion, there are other sections of the forum where you can engage in exactly that.

Everyone could probably be more tactful at some point, but the way I see it....why mince words. Whether you are sugar coating something or you're being blunt, it amounts to the same thing. But no, for the most part, I'm not NOT tactful....people just tend to read things that aren't here because they didn't hear what they wanted to hear. I question, I look deeper, I ask questions other people won't ask. I'm not going to blindly believe everything someone says because there is more than one side to everything. Just because one person sees something one way, doesn't mean that's actually what happened. Another person will see it a different way, have a different accounting of what happened or whatever. The truth is often somewhere in the middle or completely different than both account. That's the story I want to hear, that's the story I want others to see because no one has the same perspective of something. You have to open yourself up to be able to see things outside the realm of your own perspective.
I would have to read more of your posts to see if the accusation of tactless and hypercritical is fair.
I'm just glad to get responses either way. Attention, negative or positive is ok. Maybe I'm a trollish attention seeker. But I think there is genuine decency somewhere inside me. 😎😄

Latest posts

Back