Are you religious?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deosil

Reaction score
Are you religious; if so what is you faith?

I am Atheist (Agnostic on some days - I am indecisive, vague and lazy on most matters). The only religion I have an affinity with would be Paganism, in so much as nature offers a spiritual experience for me. I guess there are aspects of my lifestyle that would align with some religions (Buddhism, Hinduism maybe) but I certainly have no alignment with scripture.

I do sometimes pray but I'm not sure who I'm talking to though - maybe the Cosmos, or just myself?

Jesus is dead and God doesn't exist.

😈

I steuggle with those questions a lot. So I don't think about it. I live my life as if there's nothing out there. If there is, he'd most likely want it that way anyway. Whole "created on likeness" jibber-jabber 😉

sexual connection is the most profound and mature it can be between people while no harassment was involved

let's have the full menu ... as a foreigner now I understand why Trump won the elections ... harassment phew

I have an appreciation for theological history and mythology because it's both well written and part of our evolutionary social constructionism history. But I don't find myself to be morally aligned on a level of spiritual or religious convictions. If anything I'm more morally resigned than morally aligned. I'm passive and peaceful unless otherwise provoked as a general rule of thumb in life. Largely in part because I deem conflict to be an unfortunate necessary side effect of the human condition and effectively an otherwise waste of time lest the conflict is over real, physical resources like food, water and shelter, then obviously no, it's not a waste of time and is again part of our nature as animals.

I do however practice emotional detachment, as well as some other historically spiritual practices, but that's largely because I find them to be beneficial to my mental health and helps improve my quality of life to do so. I don't particularly care for passionately-infused debate of any kind, let alone ones tied into beliefs of others, as that's very often how wars are started historically. I'm less inclined to the idea of a congregation and more inclined to the idea of personal spiritual practice or reclusive shamanism. What I do, experience and believe is entirely up to and for me, it's not for others, I'm not going to try to drag people along in a rally about it.

Trump aka Republican Jesus, won the election because he bs'ed people into thinking there was a simple solution for their complex problems, and that he was that solution.

People thought he was a return to "traditional values" or whatever, but he never cared about any of that, he only ever cared about himself and his own self-gratification.
there was definitely a healthy core in what he preached about traditional values and that brought him the victory ... unfortunately for him he did the same mistake as his opponents afterwards and neglected the healthy core of the political correctness

Trump won because he wasn't Hilary Clinton. Lesser of two evils because Americans don't understand that there is more than two shitty options.
I agree ... Make America (and Europe) Scandinavish ... Vote Bernie Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back