Are you Skeptical of the Afterlife?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not at all anymore. I've had some powerful psychedelic adventures throughout my 20s/30s.

I finally feel comfortable in knowing that energy and spirit coalesce into something way better than the physical realm we all find ourselves currently.

I am very skeptical of that, you have no guarantee they will really preserve your body, you're not able to complain if they don't.
There's no guarantee it will ever be possible to bring that body back to life.

But just imagine that in 300 years it would be possible, and they had preserved your body and 'woke you up'.
You would wake up in a world 300 years in the future.
All your friends and relatives would be dead, cities would have changed completely
Would you really be able to cope with all of that?
Imagine all the technology that would be completely alien to you, but others grew up with.
Your point about so-called "future shock" was addressed in the Buck Rogers series. He had slept in suspended animation for a century and then revived. But he had a remarkable adaptability, so he adapted rather quickly to the unfamiliar futuristic environment. Some humans have that adaptability.

Yes, I watched that series as a child.
Liked scifi very much at that age.
But it was a bit simplistic, of course.

Latest posts

Back