As a MAN, I have to admit that the hypocrisy of foreveralone men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and what exactly is a "foreveralone" man? I assume it's some kind of group by the way you say this....

ETA: Everyone, at some point in their life, is a hypocrite. You, me, the mods, the pope....everyone. Why does it piss you off so much? If you don't like something, why not just leave it be?

Similar term to ‘incels’ (involuntary celibate).

Presumably it’s because he thinks they’re too picky, something like that.

ardour said:

But if they really wanted to have sex, they could just get a hooker, so how would it be involuntary? I suppose not everyone has money to pay for a hooker (although, I'm sure there are cheap ones everywhere), but even then, if they really wanted sex (consensual sex, that is), I would imagine they could get it without a hooker, so it still wouldn't be involuntary.

Not everyone would have sex with just any person they could get, and that's perfectly okay, but that would make it voluntary.

TheRealCallie said:
ardour said:

But if they really wanted to have sex, they could just get a hooker, so how would it be involuntary? I suppose not everyone has money to pay for a hooker (although, I'm sure there are cheap ones everywhere), but even then, if they really wanted sex (consensual sex, that is), I would imagine they could get it without a hooker, so it still wouldn't be involuntary.

Not everyone would have sex with just any person they could get, and that's perfectly okay, but that would make it voluntary.

I guess it generally denotes men who can't obtain sex without paying for ir.

DaveCordeiro99 said:
you all COMPLETELY missed the point of my initial post, especially TheRealCallie.

I missed the point because I asked what "foreveralone" men were?

Or because I went off what someone else said? Or because I said everyone is a hypocrite? Or because I said to ignore the honeysuckle if it pisses you off?

Thanks for telling me so maybe I could get the **** point.... :rolleyes:

Also, kind of hard to get a point when you don't really give one anyone but you can understand.

DaveCordeiro99 said:
you all COMPLETELY missed the point of my initial post, especially TheRealCallie.

So, what is the point? Because you really didn't post much of anything to make a point.

Restless soul said:
What the heck is a foreveralone man??

A Forever Alone person (male or female) is someone who is predisposed to be excluded, or not very good at attracting people to be with him/her. Socially incompetent and can remain single for a long time without much chance of changing it.

Xpendable said:
Restless soul said:
What the heck is a foreveralone man??

A Forever Alone person (male or female) is someone who is predisposed to be excluded, or not very good at attracting people to be with him/her. Socially incompetent and can remain single for a long time without much chance of changing it.

Ah ha. So in other words <------this guy. Me

I like how 'man' is capitalised in the title here. This amuses me.

Still, this is a very broad topic. I do wonder how the OP sees them as being hypocritical. It's hard for some guys to attract women. Is he trying to make out that they're wrong and that they do but they winge about being alone anyway?

I don't even. What's happening?

TheRealCallie said:
ardour said:

How about an involuntary hooker, that could work

When I would go to the strip club with my 1st wife, who was a stripper, I would see a guy there who literally looked like Quasimodo.

300_hunchback.jpg

He was rougher, though, and he needed a handler. But we all had fun.

It's been 3 years since I had a girlfriend. And that relationship lasted for 2 months. I was 25 then. I'm 28 now. That was my only real relationship.

I wouldn't describe myself as a "forever-alone" guy. I have great hope for the future. I don't drink, so I don't go to bars, so I can't meet women there.

I don't have any friends that aren't married - so I don't usually have anyone to hang out with.

My life consists of a 50 hour a week job, a weekend working on a side project, and some free time for activities.

The reason why I do not go to a hooker is because I'm worried about ED. I might be so nervous that I will not even be able to get it up. Beyond that, I really crave human connection, not just sex.

The main reason why I have remained single so long is because I don't go to places where women congregate. I don't have a social circle. I don't go to events or do anything to actually meet women. I tried doing the whole "approach" thing. Tried for many many months. It requires balls made of ******* iron. I haven't had too many conversations, but managed to complement many women to whom I am attracted to.

The lack of that activity leading to dating, has left me feeling depleted, tired, and unfulfilled - so I simply do not engage in approaching anymore. I'm too tired of the insane mental effort that it requires, for a minimal gain.

My plan for meeting women now is:
-Go to dating events
-Go to places where Women congregate, and see what happens.

Basically, surround myself with women - and see if something comes of it.

It's difficult. Between a job that sucks the bone marrow out of you, the intense fear of trying new things and putting yourself out of your comfort zone - it's very hard.

I'm OK with that though.

I socialize better with women usually.
They're easier for me to connect with and talk to.
I think it's because of just how I think as an artistic and philosophical person.

I don't care for sport's bars because they're overpriced, and I don't like sports.
Night clubs are a very rare occasion to me, and I refuse to go to one alone really. For one thing, they're too **** loud and I can't talk to someone I'm standing right next to. Plus, I'm honeysuckle at dancing anyhow besides slow dancing.

Irish pubs are nice, but that's more like where I go with a friend of mine.

And when I go bar hopping alone, I usually go to the small hole-in-the-wall style biker bars because they feel more at home and comfortable to me. They're quiet, I can drink a beer, and smoke if I feel like it and just relax.

At 28, after ending an 8-year relationship when I was 24 that had a fallout to it that leaded me to need therapy, I'm not REALLY looking to date anyhow.

Or rather, I am, but I'm not. My living conditions are honeysuckle and compromised because I'm poor, I'm not particularly spontaneous or impulsive, I like things scheduled, and so my way of handling it is:

It's optional to me.
I do what's called a 60/40 ratio.

That is, if I'm interested in a woman, I'll give her 60%, and keep 40% of myself to keep my feet grounded in reality so that I don't fresia up and get lost in my fantastical thoughts of love and get hurt again.

AAANNNDDD so far, 4 years later, 7 women whom have all told me no who are now just my platonic friends (I don't keep throwing my heart against a brick wall. I learned that lesson in life already, and I'm not waiting around for something that isn't going to happen) so far it's actually really worked out to cover my ass and help me bounce back.

I guess I throw it onto a scale of: Well, how practical is it for me to go to great lengths in the name of very little hope and likelihood? Probably not as practical as it is for me to just stay the course of focusing on my own life and self.

So basically, I want to have someone, but I'm not going to kill myself trying to get someone who doesn't want me back enough. I have no problem telling a girl I'm into her. That isn't the issue. And I have no problem handling friendship either. It's just that I'm not going to be a doormat, just because I'm nice. However, because friendship is involved for resolve, I'm rather respectful and civil. There's no argument. Girl says no I don't see you that way, and I say ok, well let's just be friends then, wanna grab another drink and then some food? And it just keeps on being friends instead. No harm done.

I'm jokingly starting to refer to myself as the thing love can't kill. Haha. But whatever, my life isn't about romance, or my lack thereof. I'm an artist, and a spiritual person. I'm also an opportunist, in the right optimistic moments. Ha.

If she comes along, then she does.
If not, I've still got a long list of things to keep myself pleasantly entertained with in between being an adult and working and mundane things.

Latest posts

Back