Aspergers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
problems with change (specially on short notice) is a big one for aspergers.
a need for structure, things to be the same.
problems recognising emotions in yourself and in others, another big one.

flapping with your hands is something "autistic" kids do often, my mother remembers me doing it, i dont really.

feelings of emptiness
fear of abandoment
history of self harm
roller coaster emotions,
lack of self worth.

could be caused by a lot of disorders or whatever.

Yes, I do like structure and dislike change.
Could you be more specific about which disorders the other factors could indicate? Could they not just be caused by loneliness?

i can tell you a lot about aspergers cause im living it and read all i could find.
but not so much about other disorders.

but i dont really see the symptoms you gave have to be caused by a disorder.
they could be but i can imagine a lot of "healthy/normal" people could feel those things the same way.
also i dont see loneyness as a root to a problem or a disorder.
more like another symptom caused by a problem.
it does cause more problems and unwanted feelings but i think the start of lonelyness comes from something else.

the symptoms you gave could be caused by manny disorders.
but could easely come from many other things as wel.
traumas, bad childhood,loosing someone, lousy parents.

obiously there is something not as is should cause your not happy.
and yes it could be because you have some kind of disorder, that is something you need to figuere out together with a psychiatrist or someone that knows how to.
but it does not have to be.
maybe youre just not in a good place right now or just a little lost and overwhelmed by everything.

but even if something is found and you get "labled" it really wont change who you are.
youll still be the same you and theres nothing wrong with that.
it will just get a little easyer to see the reason or the cause of the things you feel or do.

Hi Tiina,

I think your decision should be based on whether there are benefits to you from getting diagnosed (like insurance-covered counselling?). Generally, getting diagnosed with that isn't useful because there isn't a cure for Aspergers - treatment mostly reduces to counselling, which seems like you're getting already in some form. Personally, I wouldn't want a label like that attached to me. What if you will have to reveal it in a questionaire when applying for a job, etc? One time I was really depressed but didn't get diagnosed because having to disclose a diagnosis could have prevented me from getting a visa to study abroad...

SophiaGrace said:
paulo said:
i it really wont change who you are.
youll still be the same you

Exactly. :)

+1 I am always here for you Tiina, you've posted nice things for me in the recent past :) I hope you can at least find out the situation coz not knowing may not be helping either. :)

Latest posts

Back