attacked

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

there is no hope

Reaction score
I'm always attacked everywhere I go.

People smell blood, they pounce. Every time.

I can't go on living in a world like this. I already spend most of my day hiding and pretending this world doesn't exist. At this point, the sight of another face fills me with such dread. I've basically forgotten about being a person, more like a mass of flesh.

It's not my world, I just live in it.

verbally attacked.
can't watch television or read the paper without seeing something basically calling for people like me to be disposed of.
can't go on living like this.

It sounds like you are taking thing personally. There is no "people like you," IMO. You are your own person, you can change what you don't like (that can be changed, of course) and accept and move on from what can't be changed.

If you don't like the way you are, change it. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not, in any way, saying it's easy, but it entirely possible.

there is no hope said:
verbally attacked.
can't watch television or read the paper without seeing something basically calling for people like me to be disposed of.
It happens. I am kind of like that, too.
There is so much propaganda and it's all over TV and in the media and they try to shrug it off as if its nothing but I catch every reference and it annoys me because they act like they didn't just say something really insulting, or pretend like it's a joke.

Don't let those people get to you, though. Not everyone is like that. Although it is really annoying, I just have to let it go. They are ignorant and close-minded. I know better, so I just think of myself as more mature.
There is always a glimmer of hope left in Pandora's box, no matter how many evils she releases from it. So, again, just don't let them get to you. There's plenty still out there in the world for you. Go and take it.

I can tell myself that it doesn't matter, but it still happens and will continue to happen. I'm already shunned from most social interactions, and the lesson I learned is to basically not exist in the world. Appealing to my own ego, then, is just another way those people win, since they accomplish everything they set out to do and then some - not only am I essentially dead for all intents and purposes, but they get a source of cheap labor or amusement when they feel like. My "life" is just a glorification of all the evil people have done to me.

there is no hope said:
verbally attacked.

So stand up for yourself. But you also have to remember that people are allowed to say what they want, and just because you're offended over it doesn't mean they shouldn't. Life isn't moderated like a forum or like a chat room. Not everyone is going to be your best friend.

It's aggravating when someone attacks me over and over and I am not permitted to "stand up for myself" (with what?)
Usually moderators are on the side of those attacking me anyway, that's how this society is structured.

there is no hope said:
It's aggravating when someone attacks me over and over and I am not permitted to "stand up for myself" (with what?)
Usually moderators are on the side of those attacking me anyway, that's how this society is structured.

Why aren't you allowed to stand up for yourself?

Who attacked you personally? Can you give us an example?
You can't please everyone all the time; people including you and me aren't mindless robots, people have preferences and opinions.
Why not instead turn your attention to people who are similar to you?

-Teresa

there is no hope said:

Why aren't you? Are you talking about this forum? If you are, please feel free to message either myself or the other moderators. We'll gladly look into any issues you may have. If you're talking about another forum or elsewhere, I'm sorry, but we cannot help you there. Best anyone can do is suggest you speak up for yourself. No one can fight for you.

I would be interested to she what they mean about being attacked. I can't believe that everyone is verbally abusive towards a person.

If I go into detail about what happened, I'll just be accused of being a retard-psycho. When someone attacks me, whatever I say is automatically invalid. Whenever someone wants to attack me, anything they wish to level against me is valid, and I have no recourse to defend myself. Besides, it's no one incident, but a lifetime of repeated rejection, of bombardment with messages that I am the enemy.

Since asking people to stop just gives them license to continue doing what they do, except worse, there is no meaningful way to defend myself, and I am forced to live in absolute terror and remain isolated from any significant interaction with others; and yet I am expected to respect these people who did this to me, who are proud to have done it to me and will do it again to anyone they deem fit, all because they have (according to themselves) a god-given right to do so. Somehow, I am guilty for others choosing to do this to me, and so much as calling them what they are will lead to being attacked more. There is no reason to argue with such people.

When a single one of these people can demonstrate genuine remorse for what they have done, not just to me but systematically to thousands if not millions of people, I might think a little differently, but that has not happened. Not really. Some might have fallen hard, but if they showed remorse, they had effectively become different people, and by necessity the person they were before no longer exists.

For what it's worth, I'm not referring to any specific person here.

Nicolelt said:
I would be interested to she what they mean about being attacked. I can't believe that everyone is verbally abusive towards a person.

Yeah, I don't believe that either. I know some people think that a person simply disagreeing with them is the person attacking them and their character. There is no hope, I'm not saying that your opinions are invalid; You're of course free to believe what you want. But I really get the feeling that you may be highly sensitive to what anyone says. Because I sincerely doubt that absolutely everyone is verbally abusive to you. You said yourself that you're not talking of anyone specifically on this forum, so that means that at least we aren't verbally abusive to you.

Do you take everything to heart? Perhaps you don't realize that people aren't trying to be mean when they say things to you.

Not everyone is, but the people who are usually have impunity, and in the end others will side with them over me every single time.

ed: I'm not exactly in the best state of mind to go into full detail. This last week has hit me left and right.

You might get some more useful answers from forum members if your posts are more specific on what's bothering you instead of being vague and obtuse. When you're ready, give us more details.

-Teresa

I agree with SofiasMami, when you're ready, give the forum some examples of what constitutes being attacked, for you.

I'm not trying to pin you down or criticize you like an examiner or anything like that, I think you're in a troubled state and it would be good to come back here and consider what's going on with you.

there is no hope, what you're saying sounds...... all too familiar.
I know you don't really trust anyone, and that's understandable, but would you mind sharing with me what causes this reaction from people in a PM? Or maybe just hinting at it? I think we may have something in common... If it is what I think it is then I can relate. And if not, I promise to be respectful, and I'll try to help you deal with it if I can, as these things are the same things that happen to me, too.
Or if you'd like, I can PM you. Just let me know if you're willing to talk about this.

Despicable Me said:
I think we may have something in common... If it is what I think it is then I can relate. And if not, I promise to be respectful, and I'll try to help you deal with it if I can, as these things are the same things that happen to me, too.

How are you able to suss out what the OP's problems are from their posts? I don't get it. Is there some kind of code that you recognized?

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
How are you able to suss out what the OP's problems are from their posts? I don't get it. Is there some kind of code that you recognized?
I'm just guessing but it's the exact same issues I have and everything OP said sounds very, very familiar.
It's actually very similar to the topic I made when I first joined here, as well. Nobody else was able to relate to me, exactly, in that topic, but OP certainly does. The fact that we both had to hide what it is from the people on this forum is one 'tell', for example.

I may be completely wrong about what it is, though. Are there multiple things that can result in these same issues? If so I would still want to know. The circumstances causing these things may be different but we could at least relate on the issues themselves.

Latest posts

Back