Been rejected so many times that I turned very bitter.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeker said:
You need to realize that other people have a life and problems of their own, they won't always have the time to understand you. As far as men go, have you ever tried approaching guys instead of waiting to be approached by them? It's not as unreasonable as it sounds, if you like a guy but do nothing about it, you can't expect him to magically know you are interested, can you?
First of all I don't give a honeysuckle about other people's lives and problems. Second I did approach men and try to talk to them, but most of them aren't interested, that's why I'm so bitter. People who live normal lives make me sick, especially people with families of their own.. This lifestyle I'm living in, is also making me sick..

So don't feed me any of your bullshit!!

LonelyL said:
Seeker said:
You need to realize that other people have a life and problems of their own, they won't always have the time to understand you. As far as men go, have you ever tried approaching guys instead of waiting to be approached by them? It's not as unreasonable as it sounds, if you like a guy but do nothing about it, you can't expect him to magically know you are interested, can you?
First of all I don't give a honeysuckle about other people's lives and problems. Second I did approach men and try to talk to them, but most of them aren't interested, that's why I'm so bitter. People who live normal lives make me sick, especially people with families of their own.. This lifestyle I'm living in, is also making me sick..

If you're going to post here, please refrain lashing out at other members who are just trying to help. If you make a thread here, EXPECT people to offer opinions and/or advice. Just because you don't like what they have to say doesnt give you the right to be obnoxious to them.

LonelyL said:

This is why you are alone.

LonelyL - you're so bitter, the source of your anguish is not even "others" anymore. It is you. It's taken over you and turned you into something you surely never intended to be. This is all on you, you NEED to let go of the bitterness. How can you love anyone, if you're so bitter? What if some guy takes you up on it and yall get together, how much do you wanna bet, day 1 of the relationship, yall are fighting?

People who live 'Normal' lives. .?

The mirror does not reflect what is beneath the surface.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
One thing, however, that I can't do successfully is flirt. I turn to a puddle on the ground around a beautiful girl. If I had been able to hide my shyness, and had just been able to flirt, I would have had a girlfriend about 13 years ago.

For the longest time, I had no idea how to flirt or what flirting was. Ironically a lot of women would tell me I was a huge flirt.
Now that I know what flirting is, women never tell me I'm a flirt. go figure.

But yeah, flirting with an extremely attractive women is a no go. I can't even say hello.
I had to apologize once to a woman at work who is extremely attractive. She would say hello to me and I never would respond. One day I built up enough gumption to tell her I was sorry for never replying but I am just extremely shy around women and have a hard time talking to them.

blackdot said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
One thing, however, that I can't do successfully is flirt. I turn to a puddle on the ground around a beautiful girl. If I had been able to hide my shyness, and had just been able to flirt, I would have had a girlfriend about 13 years ago.

For the longest time, I had no idea how to flirt or what flirting was. Ironically a lot of women would tell me I was a huge flirt.
Now that I know what flirting is, women never tell me I'm a flirt. go figure.

But yeah, flirting with an extremely attractive women is a no go. I can't even say hello.
I had to apologize once to a woman at work who is extremely attractive. She would say hello to me and I never would respond. One day I built up enough gumption to tell her I was sorry for never replying but I am just extremely shy around women and have a hard time talking to them.

from now on, anybody who says 'hello' to you, say 'hi' back. It's basic manners. It doesn't get you anywhere being rude.

LonelyL said:
Seeker said:

I read your reply, but may I ask you? What started all this hatred? Did it happen at at a earlier age? Did anything happen to you? You don't have to respond but it makes me wonder how long this anger has been going on for. Feel free to share, if you wish too.

LonelyL said:
Seeker said:

What a lovely personality you have. :rolleyes:

Have you ever considered that maybe this hatred of people you have is why people don't want to be with you? I wouldn't date you, either, even if you were a supermodel. Don't need that kind of baggage.

Triple Bogey said:
from now on, anybody who says 'hello' to you, say 'hi' back. It's basic manners. It doesn't get you anywhere being rude.

huh? how am I being rude? I'm not replying because I'm rude.
I'm not replying because I am extremely shy around attractive women and am unable to get any words out of my mouth.

It would never cross my mind that being shy = rude.

This is, in fact, a problem that a lot of introverts face. We are seen as rude because we are soft spoken and non-assertive. It gets to the point where I have to reassure people that I don't dislike them, that I'm just shy and that's why I don't talk much.

If someone didn't talk a lot, I would assume that they were shy or introverted. But this isn't the case with loud extroverts, sadly....

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

This is, in fact, a problem that a lot of introverts face. We are seen as rude because we are soft spoken and non-assertive. It gets to the point where I have to reassure people that I don't dislike them, that I'm just shy and that's why I don't talk much.

If someone didn't talk a lot, I would assume that they were shy or introverted. But this isn't the case with loud extroverts, sadly....

If you were an extrovert, you wouldn't need a college degree or even a decent job :p You'd be able to meet women and go out with them. Period.

Batman55 said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

If you were an extrovert, you wouldn't need a college degree or even a decent job :p You'd be able to meet women and go out with them. Period.

That is just incorrect.

It may be easier for extroverts, but that doesn't mean that you need those things in order to date as an introvert.

Batman55 said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

That is quite the general statement. Mind backing it up with some evidence please?

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
People want to date people on the same career or academic ladder as them.

I know of a couple highly extroverted and energetic guys who are barely on an academic ladder, and they don't have wonderful careers, either. These guys are very far from being high achievers. Okay so these are friends of friends, but the story goes that they've dated women of all different backgrounds. It almost appears, in these cases, that status does not matter for these guys, because the energy, the confidence, the charisma is simply irresistible.

I would think the highly introverted would need to have some credentials to compensate for a lack of street smarts or "charisma" or what have you.

It may be oversimplifying things and I'm aware of that--these are just my thoughts and observations, and they could easily be off-target.

They've dated all kinds of women eh? In other words these women they've dated have probably turned the tables on what some guys have done for years and picked up the "easy" guy for a one night stand or a short fling.

Dated, or been married to?

Generally, people date people in different social ladders than they marry. When they get serious about someone, it's usually someone who is like them in some way.

Is there some sort of guy club where guys sit around having discussions about women, relationships, rejections and the like? I see a lot of guys on here talking about how this friend, or that friend or friends of friends have had this or that experience, etc, etc. so it makes me wonder how these stories are spread to other guys.
I want to know where the club meets so I can spy on them. :p
Is it a secret brotherhood of some sort? :p

EveWasFramed said:
Is there some sort of guy club where guys sit around having discussions about women, relationships, rejections and the like? I see a lot of guys on here talking about how this friend, or that friend or friends of friends have had this or that experience, etc, etc. so it makes me wonder how these stories are spread to other guys.

There is a guy club - but I can't tell you where it is (and it totally isn't in locker rooms) - we sit there and drink beer, watch football (real football, not that sissy soccer crap), belch and tell stories about friends of friends who are just close enough for us to know, but distant enough for it to be unverifiable for everyone else. That's the same way we transmit all our information, including sexual conquests - like that time I was with that girl...you don't know her, she goes to a different school.

And you have to know the secret knock to get in (the secret knock is that you don't knock, you just walk in).

theraab said:
EveWasFramed said:

There is a guy club - but I can't tell you where it is (and it totally isn't in locker rooms) - we sit there and drink beer, watch football (real football, not that sissy soccer crap), belch and tell stories about friends of friends who are just close enough for us to know, but distant enough for it to be unverifiable for everyone else. That's the same way we transmit all our information, including sexual conquests - like that time I was with that girl...you don't know her, she goes to a different school.

And you have to know the secret knock to get in (the secret knock is that you don't knock, you just walk in).

I KNEW it!!!!

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :p

Latest posts

Back