Been rejected so many times that I turned very bitter.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sci-Fi said:
They've dated all kinds of women eh? In other words these women they've dated have probably turned the tables on what some guys have done for years and picked up the "easy" guy for a one night stand or a short fling.

I wouldn't necessarily exclude one-night stands or short flings from the potential for gaining some kind of experience, or simply quelling frustration or loneliness for a short period of time, or simply just enjoying life for once, rather than sitting home in your room alone, in self-pity, without any contact with the opposite sex.

But yes this one guy I know has had a girlfriend for 1-2 years now, who has a serious job and makes a lot more money than he does. She got a college degree while he never even attended college, he lives at home still and has jobs that pay him mostly under the table, he also makes money on the side from selling his Adderall rather than using it. He also cheats on his girlfriend (who expects commitment) and lies about it, sometimes with other married women.

The information is second-hand considering I don't know this guy well, but the source providing the information is a lifelong friend who doesn't make things up.

Yes, extroverts get their way, usually, although it's obviously more complex than that... but that is the short lesson I take away from this scenario and many, many others I've observed in life.

EveWasFramed said:
Is there some sort of guy club where guys sit around having discussions about women, relationships, rejections and the like? I see a lot of guys on here talking about how this friend, or that friend or friends of friends have had this or that experience, etc, etc. so it makes me wonder how these stories are spread to other guys.
I want to know where the club meets so I can spy on them. :p
Is it a secret brotherhood of some sort? :p

Yes that is an inevitable problem, the info (from the original source) is not completely transparent, but generally my sources are usually pretty good and I've personally met most of the guys in the stories I bring to the table.

So I apologize if it feels like my anecdotes/biographies of other people are too distant to be fully believed. But at the same time I think when you're in the company of someone who trusts you and vice versa, the information they provide you with is going to be pretty accurate. So then I bring it here, sometimes, and discuss it. All is fair as long as real names are not used.

EveWasFramed said:
Is there some sort of guy club where guys sit around having discussions about women, relationships, rejections and the like? I see a lot of guys on here talking about how this friend, or that friend or friends of friends have had this or that experience, etc, etc. so it makes me wonder how these stories are spread to other guys.

We like to regroup and share war stories.

rdor said:
EveWasFramed said:

We like to regroup and share war stories.

LOL! I'm glad you guys took that for what it was meant as - humor. :p

I'd like to add that there is a limo that comes by our their houses to pick us them up. Where I get such information shall forever remain unknown.

But yes this one guy I know has had a girlfriend for 1-2 years now, who has a serious job and makes a lot more money than he does. She got a college degree while he never even attended college, he lives at home still and has jobs that pay him mostly under the table, he also makes money on the side from selling his Adderall rather than using it. He also cheats on his girlfriend (who expects commitment) and lies about it, sometimes with other married women.

No offense intended, if this is your friend. But would you really want to date a girl who dated someone like that?

Charles Manson has a girlfriend now, too. Would you want to date her?

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
No offense intended, if this is your friend. But would you really want to date a girl who dated someone like that?

Charles Manson has a girlfriend now, too. Would you want to date her?

The guy I'm talking about is my friend's cousin. I have been in his company about 20-30 times or so, and he's so hyperactive and energetic it's ridiculous--annoying as hell. His type of personality is incompatible with mine, I just want to stay quiet and sit in the corner, he wants to bounce off walls. Basically my point is there's something about that personality type that becomes an automatic advantage with women, IMO anyway. The total package of extroversion, high energy, active social life (this guy knows everyone), once you put it all together, it's actually quite magnetic for the fairer sex.

I would probably not want to date a girl who dated him, but in her defense, she does not know some of the things my friend and I know.. poor girl, really, because I've heard she's a really nice person. In this case I would say there is only one villain.

(No disrespect to the OP of this thread, this has gotten a bit off-topic but I felt the need to clarify a few things.)

EveWasFramed said:
LOL! I'm glad you guys took that for what it was meant as - humor. :p

Next time around, maybe you could help me come up with the witty/off-beat response I should have posted :p

Just want to let everyone know that I’m no longer posting here because I think this forum sucks... The replies here are mostly criticisms, make jokes, especially on this post, and talk about a lot of things-->
smiley-signs080.gif
which those things I find pretty much pathetic..
smiley-sick009.gif
It shows that people on this forum are disrespectful and gives very little support.
smiley-devil07.gif
I think this forum is a big joke and everybody on it, I think the world is a big joke..
smiley-laughing024.gif
And you people here wonder why I act very bitter...
smiley-angry002.gif

Maybe you need to assess how you come off to others before flaming people on this forum...

Seems to me you are determined to be pissed off and bitter at the world, NO MATTER WHAT. I've read all your previous postings on this site, and in every single response you brush off everybody's advice and say you're 'so tired' of hearing about other's people relationships...or friends...or whatever it may be. You insist on acting mad and push everyone away, then act all self-righteous and say you don't get any support or sympathy. I'll say this bluntly - get your head out of your a$$. You think you have it so bad? I guarantee you, there is someone who has it way worse. Every single person in this world has had disappointments, or setbacks, or struggled with an issue, or faced loss, loneliness, racism, hatred. Don't think you're so **** special. Anyway, that is the only post you will hear from me - I'm not wasting my time and effort on someone who so clearly doesn't want help but only wants to complain and whine about how the world and their life is so unfair. Open your eyes and heart, and have a good look at life around you...

I surely hope I don't become this bitter in 9 years.

I don't think I will, though. I have enough going on in my life, that I have a girlfriend as a very low priority. If not for my sex drive, I wouldn't desire a girlfriend right now at all.

I know why you're bitter, LonelyL. I think everyone probably understands. But you realize how harmful it is to you, right? For all you know, a future love interest could have been right here on this forum, and your anger and bitterness scared them away.

And no, this isn't a criticism. I'm trying to encourage you to change your outlook on life, get professional help if needed. Something. You don't want to live the rest of your life like this.

I can understand why you feel so bitter, rejection hurts. I know as I have been rejected and mis-treated all my life (and I'm 42). I get lonely, angry, sad and all other emotions, and there are times when I want to yell, scream and throw things but I refuse to let myself get bitter.

I have had enough people hurt me, why would I want to hurt myself with bitterness? ....the only person that really hurts is yourself :( Not saying I don't have bitter thoughts at times, I certainly do. I try not to take it out on others though, especially people I don't know (I have no one around to take it out on even if I wanted to). I see people when I go to the shops and if I'm not in a good mood, it would be easy to push them out of the way or be rude. But then I think how I feel when people do that to me so instead I smile (or what passes for a smile) and walk on. I also have no idea how bad their life is...for all I know, they could have jus lost someone important, have a terminal illness or just a hard life. If I acted on my feelings sometime, then I would just be doing to others what people have done to me...and I like to think I am a better person than that.

Yes, I have had an absolutely honeysuckle life but the world doesn't know that, the world doesn't care, and more importantly the world doesn't owe me anything.

Ok that turned into a ramble...

Bitterness is self destructive.

LonelyL said:
Just want to let everyone know that I’m no longer posting here because I think this forum sucks... The replies here are mostly criticisms, make jokes, especially on this post, and talk about a lot of things-->
smiley-signs080.gif
which those things I find pretty much pathetic..
smiley-sick009.gif
It shows that people on this forum are disrespectful and gives very little support.
smiley-devil07.gif
I think this forum is a big joke and everybody on it, I think the world is a big joke..
smiley-laughing024.gif
And you people here wonder why I act very bitter...
smiley-angry002.gif

Thanks for all the font usage. Makes it harder for me pick certain things in your post to directly quote.

On the off topic thing, ya know, you could have just jumped on in it. Humor begets bitterness. Laughter is life's bes...wait.

Yeah like you care what kind of help you receive. If it isn't something that'll give you a reason to be nasty, it's not what you want to read.

And the criticism began with your first outburst. Pissing on people trying to help never gets someone anywhere.

I cannot help but think(and I thought this from the beginning) that you were just looking for targets. The "forum sucks" because people fought back instead of keeling over to your king kong bundy "bitterness".

And again, you're on a bad path with your attitude. You're old enough to get yourself off it.

LonelyL said:
I'm a near middle aged lady who has not yet experience a loving relationship because I have been rejected by men so many times that I became very bitter. Whenever people ask me questions I ignore them, When I try to get through crowds, I say exuse me, and if they don't hear me, I push them out of the way or scream at them. I disrespect beggers by laughing at them. Whenever loving couples or people with babies/children are around me, I suck my teeth at them and move somewhere else. That's the kind of btch I now become. That's what happens when I get mistreated.

Bitterness is not a pleasant attitude to be liked by others.
If I were you I would work on my attitude rather than blame others for rejecting you.
If you don't like to be mistreated why do you do it to others?
You can overcome your fallen nature if you had a forgiving nature.
It is not easy to change, but, it can happen. You need to overcome stress that is part of your problem.
Try forgiving others and you will feel better about yourself.
Louise

LonelyL said:
I'm a near middle aged lady who has not yet experience a loving relationship because I have been rejected by men so many times that I became very bitter. Whenever people ask me questions I ignore them, When I try to get through crowds, I say exuse me, and if they don't hear me, I push them out of the way or scream at them. I disrespect beggers by laughing at them. Whenever loving couples or people with babies/children are around me, I suck my teeth at them and move somewhere else. That's the kind of btch I now become. That's what happens when I get mistreated.
Heh, I am a lot like that too. I wish harm and misery upon my fellow man!

If everyone else hates you and wishes you harm, it's only natural to eventually reciprocate the feelings! XD

Latest posts

Back