Being Called A Freak

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocsaint

Reaction score
I find it ironic that somebody who comes here looking for people to relate to and stuff because they are feeling down, but ends up calling me a freak and blocks me from messaging them, making me feel down too. I guess it's true what my dad always says, "misery loves company". I took my time to answer this persons messages, but this is what happens when I try with people. Well, this freak won't be replying to any messages I get on this board from this day forward. Not that I get a whole lot anyway.

Being called a freak or a creep is one of the best non-physical attacks.

And if you can't be sure if you'll be hit anymore in your life, you can be certain people will verbally try to hurt you countless of times more.

Why, just yesterday I was personally, and saw many guys be given the freak glance/words for saying a couple of words to a woman in a club. How would you imagine you'd deal with that kind of stress in my situation? Or you would simply refuse to "put yourself out there", something many well-meaning people agree is a great thing to do?

So don't take it personal because you simply can't afford to. Shrug it off, learn to deal with it,and move on.

I am a Freak. I am proud of the fact that I something about me is at once striking and unusual.

If you were the insult like a badge of pride, then it looses all power.

Well, it didn't really "hurt" me, per-se. It just feels like wasted time. I try talking to someone and it ends in silly name calling. I've been called worse, believe me. I just thought that with a place like this, where people sign up to talk about their problems and what not, I wouldn't really have to put up with that. Some people are just like that though I guess.

I'm a woman and I've been called a freak numerous times before.

Dude don't shut yourself off to new friendships just because this one didn't work out.

Places like this always have 2 things
1) Trolls
2) Attention junkies.

The 1st are usually easier to deal with. The 2nd are people who usually just need an ego fix with people who know they're not X Y or Z needing a bit of an ego rush from people confirming this fact.

It's also a place to have people discuss ideas, learn to understand different types of people, make each other laugh, pass the time, make some friendships, spread some warmth. Did I miss something?

When men called me a freak it was because they resented me for not looking the way they wanted me to. I wanted to look the way I wanted, because I thought it was cool and sexy. I continued to date men because they were cool and sexy and not the suburb douches who yelled at me from the safety of their Honda Civics. It's kind of cowardly to close yourself off from other people just because of one person, isn't it?

Jocsaint, you're not a freak. If someone thinks so, then let them be. They don't know you well enough to have a real credible judgement on that.

Evil_Genius said:
Places like this always have 2 things
1) Trolls
2) Attention junkies.

The 1st are usually easier to deal with. The 2nd are people who usually just need an ego fix with people who know they're not X Y or Z needing a bit of an ego rush from people confirming this fact.

Gee thanks for your input.

If someone is willing to insult you, even with something like that they're not worth your time.
You can and will find people out there, or here that won't insult you. I'm pretty sure 95% of the people here wouldn't do something like that anyway.

perfanoff said:
It's also a place to have people discuss ideas, learn to understand different types of people, make each other laugh, pass the time, make some friendships, spread some warmth. Did I miss something?

Oh yeah, and this.

I don't think that this place is only full of Trolls or Attention junkies though. It's full of good people who have troubles in their lives and is trying to cope by having other connections around.

You don't sound like a freak. I almost want you to 'out' this member, but that would lack grace... and would break the forum rules.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
there are nice people and mean people on every forum. This one is actually better than others.

it is a nice place with some nice people !

I don't mean this place is ONLY full of said things, but I do believe there are always more then the usual percentage of trolls and attention junkies at a place like this. I think anyone who is willing to belittle another when being part of what is in many ways a community help forum is only either a troll or attention junkie.

Latest posts

Back