Being clumsy sucks!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locke

Reaction score
I always leave the house afraid I'll do something stupid, then....I do something stupid. Today for instance in a convenience store: I grabbed a can of soda, and on the way to pay for it, I somehow tripped over my own feet or the rug or something. The soda went flying, hit the side of a counter and basically exploded. The place was packed too, 8 or 10 people staring at me lying on my stomach, a derpy look on my face and my hand stretched out as if I'm still trying to catch the stupid can of sprite.

It would have been funny if......nah, screw it. It was pretty funny.

Yesterday I had another job interview, it went okay until the very end. The lady went to shake my hand, and while reaching across her desk I hit her coffee cup. Coffe spilled all over her paperwork, some of it hit a picture of her daughter.....uhg. Stupid lady! Who shakes hands while sitting down? I don't think I'm getting a call back on that one.

I know its not coordination. I can juggle, and I used to play volleyball in high school. I think I just let my nerves get to me, or I get distracted. Being clumsy on top of being anxious and having low self esteem sure is fun! Maybe a circus will hire me as a clown.

Well, I'm just ranting. Anyone else feel like they're trapped in a Three Stooges movie?

Aww, those things can/have happen(ed) to most of us, at one point in time or another. I think you're right, it's probably just nerves or distraction.

Maybe the next time it happens, just throw out some jazz hands and yell, 'TaaaaaDaaaaa!!!' I would totally applaud that.

Lol, maybe I'll try that, MissGuided! Might as well just roll with it instead of getting all embarrassed.

I can relate to being clumsy. Trust me. Many years ago I bought a gram of weed from my dealer. I put the bag in my shirt breast pocket. I hopped a bus to go to my friends house. As I was digging the change out to pay the fare I dropped a couple of quarters. I bent over to pick them up and the bag of weed fell out of my pocket and landed right where the driver could see it.

He did see it, and he grinned and said "...Got a little of the good stuff huh?.." Man that was awkward!

Lol, pretty funny LoneKiller! At least being high is a good excuse for doing something dumb.

One time in college I was walking home drunk from a small party. A campus cop stopped me and started hassling me, lecturing me about drinking on school grounds. As I was insisting that I was only a little buzzed from a beer, a small bottle of JD slipped out of my jacket pocket, landed right by his foot. He wasn't happy.

Locke said:
Lol, pretty funny LoneKiller! At least being high is a good excuse for doing something dumb.

One time in college I was walking home drunk from a small party. A campus cop stopped me and started hassling me, lecturing me about drinking on school grounds. As I was insisting that I was only a little buzzed from a beer, a small bottle of JD slipped out of my jacket pocket, landed right by his foot. He wasn't happy.
Of all the luck. We're a great pair aren't we? You dropped booze, I dropped weed. Setting a great example for children everywhere.:p

I used to think me being clumsy was because I was naturally uncoordinated or because I have screwed my knees.

But this tells me that it isn't the case.

Well, I have been in pretty funny situations too but sadly, I can't think of any. I went to go watch this movie on Wednesday and during the interval, I got up to go to the washroom. It was still dark-ish and me, being disoriented, almost tripped. I wobbled my way across the aisle and I bet the people looking at me thought I was drunk.

So yeah, happens, I guess.

I know the feeling of being clumsy all too well. I'm always dropping things, knocking them over and on occasion I have fallen over or almost fallen over. My Gramp says that I should be a clown, but I just don't listen to him (he can be such a pain sometimes, but that is another story).

LoneKiller said:
Of all the luck. We're a great pair aren't we? You dropped booze, I dropped weed. Setting a great example for children everywhere.:p

Haha, yep, real heroes. Oh well, I guess its better to do dumb stuff like that when you're young.

SomeoneSomewhere said:
I used to think me being clumsy was because I was naturally uncoordinated or because I have screwed my knees.

But this tells me that it isn't the case.

Well, I have been in pretty funny situations too but sadly, I can't think of any. I went to go watch this movie on Wednesday and during the interval, I got up to go to the washroom. It was still dark-ish and me, being disoriented, almost tripped. I wobbled my way across the aisle and I bet the people looking at me thought I was drunk.

So yeah, happens, I guess.

Nah, if it was dark I bet no one noticed.

Hearmenow2012 said:
I know the feeling of being clumsy all too well. I'm always dropping things, knocking them over and on occasion I have fallen over or almost fallen over. My Gramp says that I should be a clown, but I just don't listen to him (he can be such a pain sometimes, but that is another story).

Yep, me too sometimes. The worst times are when I really don't want to embarrass myself. Like talking to a girl I like, I might drop something or stumble.

Was your Gramps just teasing you? I used to work at a retirement home. Sometimes eldery people just say stuff like that, especially if they're sick. In my experience, they don't usually mean it.

If he did mean it though, I know how you feel. My Dad said some nasty things to me growing up.

Yes I have...so many times... I broke the chandelier of the new place my family moved in on the second day, a metal bar stool and a bunch of other stuff..I spilled Pepsi over my sisters bed and the floor of her room recently...I don't know how...I accidentally slapped a girl while stretching...She was sweet so she didn't mind! I recently chocked on my own spit while asking for a coke on the plane last week.And the list goes on.My sister's always there to witness it xD

I'm clumsy too, it's sometimes little annoying but at least there is no boring day. :)

UGLYDUCKLING said:
Yes I have...so many times... I broke the chandelier of the new place my family moved in on the second day, a metal bar stool and a bunch of other stuff..I spilled Pepsi over my sisters bed and the floor of her room recently...I don't know how...I accidentally slapped a girl while stretching...She was sweet so she didn't mind! I recently chocked on my own spit while asking for a coke on the plane last week.And the list goes on.My sister's always there to witness it xD

Lol, you accidentally slapped her? I'm not gonna try and top that one.....

lonelyfairy said:
I'm clumsy too, it's sometimes little annoying but at least there is no boring day. :)

True enough, I try and just laugh it off.

Peaches said:
exactly :) except for the perennial bruises

this for inspiration:

Monty Python is awesome!:D I've always wanted to throw a pie at someone.
jan92government.gif

Since we are including college, alcohol, and dropping things ... let me tell you about the time I dropped myself on the ...

It was winter in 1989 and I tore all three ligaments in my knee for the second time in three years.

While I should not have been crutching around town, I did anyway because I had on my knee brace that provided a little bit of support.

So, I went to a bar, drank a lot of beer & long island ice teas, and someone stole my crutches!

I left the bar and started to walk home around three in the morning.

During the trip back, my knee gave completely out & could not walk anymore, laid my head down on some steps with ice & snow on it, and accepted death because it was around zero degrees and at least a foot of snow - seriously, i tought i was going die because i was styling and profiling like an idiot with a black Members Only jacket (thats a spring jacket).

A cop found me and helped me up.

He took me home in his cruiser and asked where I wanted go in my house.

I said my drum set!

Bad idea ...

He leaves and I pass out sitting in my drum chair and I totally knocked down everything ... the cymbals & drums went flying in every direction and i said ***** it and stayed on the floor amidst my drum set sleeping it off - lol.

LoneKiller said:
Locke said:

MissGuided said:
Bones said:
.... i was styling and profiling like an idiot with a black Members Only jacket...

What? No parachute pants or mesh tank? :p

Are you really trying to call me an idiot, MC Hammer, or the dude below? :p

[video=youtube]

Hey, parachute pants are slammin', yo! I'm gonna make it my life's work to bring 'em back.

And Bones, please tell me it was a karaoke bar, and someone stole your crutches while you were doing a cover of The Fresh Prince's "Parents just don't understand". That would just make the story even more awesome!:p

I ate at a hospital a few days ago. I had a fountain drink. When I went to pay, I over-tipped the whole thing so that I ended up with half the food on the floor, and the drink spilled all over.

I wasn't happy, and neither was the guy working there.

But I suppose I'm lucky, because I'm not as clumsy as I used to be. I used to be terrible at spilling things.

LOL - No, it was probably because I was playing pinball, misplaced it, and to drunk to find it which equals someone stole my crutches - I was there at the bar from early evening in which it was not to cold at the time but turned nasty before closing time - i did a lot of stupid stuff in my college years and never let your kid(s) see your college pictures - my daughter gives me grief over it because i always had a beer in my hand.

Locke said:
Hey, parachute pants are slammin', yo! I'm gonna make it my life's work to bring 'em back.

And Bones, please tell me it was a karaoke bar, and someone stole your crutches while you were doing a cover of The Fresh Prince's "Parents just don't understand". That would just make the story even more awesome!:p

Bones said:
Are you really trying to call me an idiot, MC Hammer, or the dude below? :p

Absolutely not - I would never do such a thing. But....please tell me that you were rockin' a sexified mullett, too? :D

Locke said:

Don't you dare resurrect those! Leave them alone, for the love of all that is good and holy! Some genius already brought back leg warmers and that stupid Dexy Midnight Runner overalls fad...I can't take any more.

Latest posts

Back