Being Male

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9006 said:
1000lifetimes said:
Being a guy
Pros
1) Peeing standing up (obviously - the greatest thing ever)
2) Not having to get pregnant
3) Not having that thing once a month ;)
4) Clothing is not complicated - suits on men look good...women have to have their shoes match their purse, their eyes-hadow match their fingernails etc...too much for a dude
5) Wearing high heels - yeah it makes your bum look smashing...but they cant feel good on your feet/back
6) Having balls - scratching itchy balls is the second most satisfying thing in the world...next to having someone else scratch them for you ;)
7) Men have never had to deal with not getting paid as much because of their gender
8) Men are generally physically stronger...a mugger would sooner target a woman than a man...at least back in the day...women take aerobics and carry mace now...they'll fresia you up
9) Male althletes get paid WAAAAY more than female athletes.
10) It is socially acceptable for men to get fat and have tons of sex with multiple women

Cons
1) Women and children first...men stay and die
2) It's mostly men that die / have died in wars
3) Men are required to be macho 24/7
4) A woman who has never slept with a man is attractive... *mod edit - removed -
5) The bond between a mother and her child closer than the father and his child
6) Getting kicked in the nuts
7) Men are more at the mercy of their libido - it`s ingrained in our programming since the dawn of time
8) Men aren`t as good at multitasking - they typically do one thing at a time
9) For a man a webcam costs money...for a woman...a webcam MAKES money :p
10) No matter what we are doing...exams, painting, working, eating, running...there is a constant urge to filddle with a woman`s boobs...it can be very distracting - constantly having your brain power allocated to nipple tweakery!

Peeing standing up is so overrated, i'd much rather have multiple orgasms or something.

^this

Minus said:
Lippy_Kid said:
Yay a gender thread! Who's winning?

f_minusm_906c16a.gif

I do wonder when this will be a locked thread

1000lifetimes said:
7) Men are more at the mercy of their libido - it`s ingrained in our programming since the dawn of time
10) No matter what we are doing...exams, painting, working, eating, running...there is a constant urge to filddle with a woman`s boobs...it can be very distracting - constantly having your brain power allocated to nipple tweakery!

There are so many problems with this stereotype... the idea that men are hard-wired to be promiscuous and "can't control themselves" is harmful to both men and women. Women are told not to bring attention to themselves in public because if something bad were to happen it would be because they were "asking for it." If you look at how women are treated in various cultures the dangers of believing this are quite obvious. On the other hand it also gives some men a handy excuse to act like inconsiderate jerks (or worse), which gives the male gender a bad name as a whole. There's a bit of "guilty until proven innocent" happening when a woman encounters an unfamiliar man, which I'm sure some of us here have experienced.

And no I'm not being politically correct or a "white knight" (whatever the hell that implies). I'm trying to be objective as possible here. Hormones are a gender-neutral phenomenon and it's pointless to assume that one side is any hornier than the other. Everything else being equal, a woman would have as much trouble resisting a hot guy as a male would for a hot female. We're all sexual creatures and it's not just men who have to deal with controlling their impulses.

Drew88 said:
What I am saying is that males by their nature have less social/family bonds then women and in turn can lead to a lonelier live. Not that there aren't women who have well built social bond who are lonely.

Can we go go with out somebody yelling LETS ALL BE POLITALLY Correct, because guess what. The world isn't politically correct.

I tend to agree with you, as a guy. It seems that it is harder for men to have friendships. Women can be girlfriends-- but if guys are too close they must me gay.....

I dont mean to disenfranchise women on this forum who are struggling, but any means.

Revengineer said:
1000lifetimes said:

There are so many problems with this stereotype... the idea that men are hard-wired to be promiscuous and "can't control themselves" is harmful to both men and women. Women are told not to bring attention to themselves in public because if something bad were to happen it would be because they were "asking for it." If you look at how women are treated in various cultures the dangers of believing this are quite obvious. On the other hand it also gives some men a handy excuse to act like inconsiderate jerks (or worse), which gives the male gender a bad name as a whole. There's a bit of "guilty until proven innocent" happening when a woman encounters an unfamiliar man, which I'm sure some of us here have experienced.

And no I'm not being politically correct or a "white knight" (whatever the hell that implies). I'm trying to be objective as possible here. Hormones are a gender-neutral phenomenon and it's pointless to assume that one side is any hornier than the other. Everything else being equal, a woman would have as much trouble resisting a hot guy as a male would for a hot female. We're all sexual creatures and it's not just men who have to deal with controlling their impulses.

Was reading schematics all day today, and all I could think of was boobs. It sucked because I really needed to learn this honeysuckle.

Drew88 said:
nerdygirl said:
If I was a man, I'd have a penis and my chest would fit in shirts a bit better. I'm pretty sure that's about all that would change. I can think of no reason my life would suck more or be lonelier just because of a difference in gender.

Gender affects more then people want to acknowledge

Well, there IS the issue that I'd get an entirely different sort of clientele. Other than that, maybe you know my life well enough to tell me what else there is that would be affected.

Drew88 said:
9006 said:
1000lifetimes said:
Being a guy
Pros
1) Peeing standing up (obviously - the greatest thing ever)
2) Not having to get pregnant
3) Not having that thing once a month ;)
4) Clothing is not complicated - suits on men look good...women have to have their shoes match their purse, their eyes-hadow match their fingernails etc...too much for a dude
5) Wearing high heels - yeah it makes your bum look smashing...but they cant feel good on your feet/back
6) Having balls - scratching itchy balls is the second most satisfying thing in the world...next to having someone else scratch them for you ;)
7) Men have never had to deal with not getting paid as much because of their gender
8) Men are generally physically stronger...a mugger would sooner target a woman than a man...at least back in the day...women take aerobics and carry mace now...they'll fresia you up
9) Male althletes get paid WAAAAY more than female athletes.
10) It is socially acceptable for men to get fat and have tons of sex with multiple women

Cons
1) Women and children first...men stay and die
2) It's mostly men that die / have died in wars
3) Men are required to be macho 24/7
4) A woman who has never slept with a man is attractive... *mod edit - removed -
5) The bond between a mother and her child closer than the father and his child
6) Getting kicked in the nuts
8) Men aren`t as good at multitasking - they typically do one thing at a time
9) For a man a webcam costs money...for a woman...a webcam MAKES money :p

Peeing standing up is so overrated, i'd much rather have multiple orgasms or something.

^this
****....forgot about multiple orgasms. I'd redo the list but I'm afraid it get banned.

Multiple orgasms? I think you mean you wish the male orgasm lasted as long as the female orgasm, which lasts longer than the male orgasm. We finish quicker...no pun intended. I'd rather it last longer than worry about having multiple ones, not that that wouldn't be a bad thing either. Okay I'm going to stop talking about orgasms now. :/

Sci-Fi said:
Multiple orgasms? I think you mean you wish the male orgasm lasted as long as the female orgasm, which lasts longer than the male orgasm. We finish quicker...no pun intended. I'd rather it last longer than worry about having multiple ones, not that that wouldn't be a bad thing either. Okay I'm going to stop talking about orgasms now. :/

Challenge accepted! I'll pick off where you left off.

While it may be true that a very small percentage of males have actually achieved multiple orgasms during sex, an orgasm is generally a one-time deal for most guys. Once we've had an orgasm it takes a bit of time until we are even able to entertain the idea of having another orgasm. Even undergoing one orgasm is an exhausting experience, and it doesn't help that a typical male orgasm takes more effort to clean up. In summary, female orgasms are way awesomer than male orgasms.

Orgasm orgasm orgasm, orgasm. Orgasm. :D

A man who is determined can train himself to have multiple orgasms. He could also get somebody to help train him to have multiple orgasms. Sci-Fi, my dear, I'd be happy to help work on your ability to make an orgasm last longer, too. I'm sure it would be oodles of fun!

*stands awkwardly in the corner*

Uhh... I just remembered I have somewhere important to be. Late night Spanish class. Gotta go! *shuffles away*

Others here can say what they want. I find 1000lifetimes' list hilarious with a few grains of truth in it as well. :)

As for stereotypes, yes they are overblown, & men may not be more easily aroused than women in general, but men are more likely to stray, if you go by the stats. Each woman only has a certain number of eggs in her lifetime & if one gets fertilized, she needs energy/food sources for her and the little one. A man keeps on making sperm for as long as he lives, & he doesn't carry the fetus to term. From a purely biological POV, the man has more incentive to wander: The more he spreads his seed, the higher likelihood his line will survive to maturity. (I'm speaking of biology as opposed to morals here.)

Gosh, Revengineer, are you sure you wouldn't like some training, too? *tempting singsong voice* Mul-tip-le OR-Gasms!

I'm just glad we live in a world where it is becoming more socially acceptable for a man to open up about his feelings and not be chastised for it or considered less of a man.

I think we might be having a group thing going on here...Nerdygirl's school of helping men have multiple orgasms.

Latest posts

Back