Being someone else

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fadingaway22

Reaction score
Far too often, I feel like just starting over and getting away. I often wish I would've been born as someone else. I don't know who I would want to be, but I do know it would be someone else other than myself. So, who would you guys rather be if given the choice to start your life over ? Why ?

I don't know that i want to be any specific person, just not me. Roll the dice again.

Nah....I like me. I've invested too much time, energy, tears on me..(my entire life), I'm not giving up on me now.
I just don't like the current situation, conditions or circumstance in my life at the moment.

I wouldn't know how to be someone else becuase I would do things my way in thier lives anyway.
I guess if I wanted to know what Joe Satriani experinced...Just do what he did or do...I guess.
That's how I would know or experince how a certain percentage of his life is.
He's human tho....He's not getting out of this earth alive and he bleeds just like me...I think.

Okay..if possibly, $20 million dallors land on my lap...then my life would change...
mmm wait a minute..If I persuit and do whatever it is I need to do to get $20 millions..My life would change too.
$20 millions is not that much...it's chump change to a lot of people.
Oh..look, I found a quarter, I'm getting closer..lol
I played my guitar today...I'm getting closer on that front too.

Haha.It is really true for me.
I wanted to be someone smarter.
I wanted to be someone who is more handsome.
I wanted to be someone who have lots of friends.
I wanted someone who is good at the games that I liked to play.

But,I guess that even that someone who is more clever and handsome has their own share of problems.Why not look at the reverse?
Who is uglier than you?
Who is someone who have lesser friends than you?
Who is someone who is poorer than you?

No, I don't think I would, actually. I've gone through alot, as have many of us, and I think that's worth something. Also, I'm not completely unhappy with who I am, it's the world I'm unhappy with. Now, if I could only change THAT! :p

Mhhh.... I don't know if I want to be someone else. Maybe I still want to be myself, but my worries would be gone forever. And then there will be new problems to arrange with...

I mean... there is no life without problems, right?

I would have liked to have been an aristocrat. Upper-class, going to the best schools in the country, hunting at the weekends, living on a large royal estate, haha.

Jokes aside, I'd have liked to have been someone who was less over-protected by their parents, and who had a lot more charisma. I've come to the conclusion that charisma and confidence are the two key elements for success in life (social success, anyway).

This has nothing to do with my username I swear but I was looking at pictures of the Dalai Lama today and I swear he is the happiest person on earth.

A doctor who volunteers in third world countries. You are constantly busy and doing the best you can to help others. I wouldn't be around the types of people I have encountered from the past. It would also be tough and challenging. Something for a person like myself would need in their life.

little_buddha said:
This has nothing to do with my username I swear but I was looking at pictures of the Dalai Lama today and I swear he is the happiest person on earth.

I would be, too, if I lived in a million-square-foot palatial estate atop a mountain whilst my people starved in abject poverty.

crescendo.daNiente said:
little_buddha said:

I would be, too, if I lived in a million-square-foot palatial estate atop a mountain whilst my people starved in abject poverty.

Zing!

Nah, I wouldn't want to be someone else. It may not be perfect, but this is my life, and I wouldn't want it any other way!

Still, no harm in dreaming once in a while. Hmmm.... Guitar legend.... ^^

Jeremi said:
Nah, I wouldn't want to be someone else. It may not be perfect, but this is my life, and I wouldn't want it any other way!

Still, no harm in dreaming once in a while. Hmmm.... Guitar legend.... ^^

My sentiments too.

After 31 years of practice, I still haven't quite found the knack of being me so heaven knows how I would cope with trying to fill someone else's boots. :)

Latest posts

Back