Best bands/artists you have seen live?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayvanCowboy

Reaction score
The Flaming Lips - First concert and first time in NYC on my birthday.

Dan Deacon - At the end of the show the entire crowd marched the streets with props he used during the set. The cops had to block off at least two city blocks. Way too many other things to mention. Will see him as many times as I can from now on.

Leonard Cohen - Probably the last time he will ever play live in my old town. His final words of the night were "Goodnight music lovers". Amazing.

EVANESCENCE!! man it was fabulous

I've also seen disturbed and chevelle that we're also really great

Placebo

Nov 06 at a tiny club in Cleveland. I drove at least 5 hours, and then we _just_stood_there for a few hours so no one could take our place. I was maybe only 30 feet from the stage. It was one of the best days of my life.

It was their Meds tour, but they played some of my favorites, and ended with twenty years. It was surreal. That is really the only way to describe it. Surreal.

They NEVER come to the US. I may very well never get to see them again. baise moi

The only group I've seen live is the Brent Edstrom Quartet, whom I actually went to see when they were still a trio :p Excellent live jazz group.

But I've seen live recordings of Amon Amarth and Arkona, who both put on a SPECTACULAR metal show. I mean, we're talking serious business here. Even non-metal-fans could probably appreciate this stuff. I'd give a testicle to be able to see them both live. They're not over-the-top flashy and they're not cheesy like KISS was in their day. It's just an awesome show.

Mad Caddies - sometime in '05 - got lifted onstage with the band.

Prodigy - summer '09 - got punched in the face, but totally worth it

Jack's Mannequin - summer '09 - made my heart explode with good

Blink 182 - summer '10 - two words; ROTATING. DRUMKIT.

Probably more, but I am tired.

I have seen two live bands Muse in Teignmouth was the best, but Florence and the machine at the Hammersmith was as good as I am right at the front for the second.

I finally saw Swans last night and it was the loudest show I have ever been to. Michael Gira is the type of artist that only comes around once a lifetime.

back in the day

punkish stuff:
-anti-flag in 2003. huge crowd, met a couple cute girls after the show and shared smartfood with them :)
-mad caddies, real mackenzies and against me in 2003. so much fun, but it was so hot the walls of the venue were trickling with condensation. gross.
-leftover crack in 2004 was fun. stza crack was high on meds, some dude going the wrong way in the pit got punched out cold, and the set was too good. it was also cool because i skipped school to hang out downtown all day before hand! whoo!
-warped tour 2003! awesome.

metal:
-woods of yepres was pretty awesome. venue was tight, but the songs were all so long!
-darkest hour! awesome set.

jazz:
-chick corea at massy hall: phenomenal!
-2005 jazz festival was pretty good. I love latin jazz the best.

hiphop:
-buck 65 and cadence weapon were awesome
-sage francis and B dolan were also awesome. great stage performance, lots of laughs and great flow.

mudvayne all 3 times i saw them was great. its a small venue so most people there are good fans and the crowd just loves it and the band just gets more into it because of that. when they play "dig" last the entire floor is just like a giant pit. its so epic.

I enjoy nearly all the ones i go to (and i go to a lot) including most of the support artists.

My fav this year so far is
The Bamboos(ft Kylie Auldist)

i would love to see them again :cool:

I have Paul Weller twice( with the bees and the rifles), Sharon Jones and the dap kings, saint etienne , kathryn edwards, paloma faith( with eliza doolittle) and we are willow still to come.
Gutted i cant make the go! team early next year , they really make me feel good :cool:

I've never been to see a concert live, but I've always wanted to.

I'm so sad I'm usually too nervous to make arrangements to go anywhere where there's lotsa people :rolleyes: But this year I did go to see The Damned Live and was one of the best nights of my life! :D

They put on a fantastic performance and I was right at the front too! Even got pointed out by Dave Vanian himself While he was singing the lyrics "The night is coming after you!" (From the song 'Nasty').

Wish I was born much earlier so I could see them back in their heyday.

Latest posts

Back