Bi-polar, BPD? anyone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say I've been bipolar before, when I should just have have been unipolar (depressed). I would guess I was fighting the depression but it's really hard to be happy when you're in a rut.

I have it,started when I was 19. Im lucky its as mild as possible. My doc says as one gets older they are more likely to experience the depression. Well hopefully that will be at an absolute minimum for me too

Both have been suggested to me, and I wouldn't doubt either as mental illnesses tend to run in my family; however, nothing has been clinically diagnosed. I refuse to go that route. I am the one "normal" person in my family. I am the one who has always been able to get things done and make rational decisions - I can't ruin that, because then I really will be a nobody. I won't be another failure in my family. I think I'm slowly getting better. I haven't done any self-injury in close to two months, so I guess that's a good sign.

Rox2 said:
ASnowyCanadian said:
Ohh self harm. Now there's a whole other slice of pie. Slippery slope that one.

Not something I'm proud of. I swore to myself I would never end up going that route, but after so much "wrong" in a short amount of time, I found myself crying, and the next thing you know I'm there with cuts on my wrists without any realization that I actually did it. It was horrible, having to go into work and have my customers see the bandage and whisper to each other, as if I didn't know they were saying something about me . . . or have a priest come through my line and hand me a card to his church . . . or have a small child ask me what happened, why I have a bandage on me, and just have to lie with some pathetic "I hurt it while I was helping my dad move" excuse so I don't damage the poor kids mind, or have the kids parents look at me like I'm crazy. :/

Are you sure you didn't do it for the attention seeing as how 3/4 of your post was dedicated to that? Even subconsciously...

bodafuko said:
Rox2 said:
ASnowyCanadian said:
Ohh self harm. Now there's a whole other slice of pie. Slippery slope that one.

Not something I'm proud of. I swore to myself I would never end up going that route, but after so much "wrong" in a short amount of time, I found myself crying, and the next thing you know I'm there with cuts on my wrists without any realization that I actually did it. It was horrible, having to go into work and have my customers see the bandage and whisper to each other, as if I didn't know they were saying something about me . . . or have a priest come through my line and hand me a card to his church . . . or have a small child ask me what happened, why I have a bandage on me, and just have to lie with some pathetic "I hurt it while I was helping my dad move" excuse so I don't damage the poor kids mind, or have the kids parents look at me like I'm crazy. :/

Are you sure you didn't do it for the attention seeing as how 3/4 of your post was dedicated to that? Even subconsciously...

Very possible. But no, I really didn't know I was doing it when I was doing it.

And there. Deleted, since it seems I'm just going to get crap for expressing myself.

I suffer from both. And been suffering with it since I was 19 years old. I've had many hospital visits and treatments and had such a hard time adjusting. They diagnosed me with bi polar but I see lots of similarities in borderline. But I eat healthy, express myself, mediate, therapy, so the moods are better to deal with. And I rarely get any feelings of dispair. I cry a lot I'll admitt but I still keep going on. It's best to research your illness, many people avoid this cause they think it'll make them feel worse but you have a better understanding about your disorder.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
. And been suffering with it since I was 19 years old.

Same here.

Yes, much research shows this is the general age or so when many DSM-IV categorizable disorders often first manifest. Apparently it's a key point in time for brain development.

Oh wow I didn't realize this. Thanks for that information. I find that interesting to be honest.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
Oh wow I didn't realize this. Thanks for that information. I find that interesting to be honest.

Its just the chemical nature of some. Im sure theres a huge amount about BPD yet to be discovered though.

Latest posts

Back