Body positivity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe im just barking up the wrong tree and started another pointless thread i cant delete haha

ilios said:
maybe im just barking up the wrong tree and started another pointless thread i cant delete haha

You should learn to love your threads as well as your body!

ilios said:
perfanoff said:
This thread makes me feel slightly sarcastic.

Okay, not just slightly.

That is all.

Wow! thank you for your amazing input!! ill store that in my "good to remember" files

Dissident said:
Are you still having trouble with those issues? You shouldn't if you are. :p

ilios said:
Dissident said:
A hype/marketing machine built to drive a consumerist populace to buy things based on appeal to popularity reinforced by planned obsolescence?

YES!!! all these beauty products being marketed is selling a lifestyle connected to their product.

Your sadness puts money in the pockets of the greedy. BE PROUD OF YOURSELF AND YOUR BODY

MMdEY.gif

At times I do. I am still struggling with accepting my own body but im on my way!

Sorry lol.

perfanoff said:
ilios said:
perfanoff said:
This thread makes me feel slightly sarcastic.

Okay, not just slightly.

That is all.

Wow! thank you for your amazing input!! ill store that in my "good to remember" files

Dissident said:
Are you still having trouble with those issues? You shouldn't if you are. :p

ilios said:
Dissident said:
A hype/marketing machine built to drive a consumerist populace to buy things based on appeal to popularity reinforced by planned obsolescence?

YES!!! all these beauty products being marketed is selling a lifestyle connected to their product.

Your sadness puts money in the pockets of the greedy. BE PROUD OF YOURSELF AND YOUR BODY

MMdEY.gif

At times I do. I am still struggling with accepting my own body but im on my way!

Sorry lol.

no need to apoligise. Im quite aware that i make posts that are a bit pointless. I was just trying to help people feel better about themselves but uh i should probably think before i speak :p

I hate body shaming. I particularly hate fat shaming because it's so often justified by these condescending claims about being concerned for people's health that actually don't have any basis in reality... it's just a smoke screen letting them justify being shallow pieces of honeysuckle.

I also hate false body positivity, i.e. "REAL girls have CURVES!" Which is just substituting one arbitrary beauty standard for another.

I wish that 'beauty' didn't have such overriding importance, or that all bodies could just be seen to have beauty whatever they look like... then again, I spend an awful lot of time agonizing over what I hate about my body and I can't seem to stop doing that... it's difficult and I think people either don't realize how damaging it can be to constantly be bombarded with messages telling you that you're too ugly/fat/whatever and that that means there must be something wrong with you as a person; or they just don't care.

ajdass1 said:
I also hate false body positivity, i.e. "REAL girls have CURVES!" Which is just substituting one arbitrary beauty standard for another.

Completely agree. If I see someone post those words on another picture of Marilyn Monroe on my facebook newsfeed imma ******* scream.

painter's radio said:
If I see someone post those words on another picture of Marilyn Monroe on my facebook newsfeed imma ******* scream.

Haha... what pisses me off is that quote attributed to her that floats around every now and then: "If you can't love me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best." ...or something like that.

Really?

Really?

I'm wondering what Marilyn Monroe's "best" was. Whoring herself to a President? OD'ing on drugs? She was basically the Paris Hilton of her day... so yeah, ladies. By all means... emulate Marilyn Monroe, take life advice from her.

Seems to me that someone being their worst is a pretty **** good reason to NOT love them.

I started to make some of those of my own, with my own photographs, but only have one so far:

903784_10151598702751495_738974364_o.jpg

Mainly aimed at the relationship ones though. "I just want a man who will let me walk all over him" etc

Badjedidude said:
painter's radio said:
If I see someone post those words on another picture of Marilyn Monroe on my facebook newsfeed imma ******* scream.

Haha... what pisses me off is that quote attributed to her that floats around every now and then: "If you can't love me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best." ...or something like that.

Really?

Really?

I'm wondering what Marilyn Monroe's "best" was. Whoring herself to a President? OD'ing on drugs? She was basically the Paris Hilton of her day... so yeah, ladies. By all means... emulate Marilyn Monroe, take life advice from her.

Seems to me that someone being their worst is a pretty **** good reason to NOT love them.

How dare you! She's a goddess and an idol! You're just jealous because she blew the President and not you :rolleyes:

painter said:
ajdass1 said:

Completely agree. If I see someone post those words on another picture of Marilyn Monroe on my facebook newsfeed imma ******* scream.

haha except the fact that marilyn monroe was thinner than... almost everyone. she had the measures 90, 60, 90. thats the waist thats 60, not many girls has a 60 cm waist nowadays!

I'm positive my body isn't perfect, but it's not that bad. And it's what you do with it that counts, apparently.

Latest posts

Back