Bookworm looking for friends :]

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

house.in.blue

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm Virginia, i'm 19 and i'm from North Carolina. I stumbled across this website when i was looking around online for a place to talk to people and make friends. It seemed like a good choice.

I guess i should tell you a bit about myself. I'm a complete dork. I play video games and spend a lot of my time on the computer. My favorite thing to do is read. If you ever want to talk books, let me know!

I'm fresh out of high school and went to college for a semester. I'm working now at a restaurant seven days a week which doesnt leave me much free time. Or rather, free time where i'm not dead tired.

I'm kind of shy. I'm not really a people person but after working in a restaurant for over two years now, i've gotten a bit better. I still find it hard to make friends though, especially since i dont have much of a life outside of working. I'm looking to change that. I'm looking to try new things, meet new people and become more confident and out going. I figured this site would be a good place to start :]

Hey there Virginia, welcome!

You've got a nice name (one that you don't hear too often where I come from) and you seem like a nice person to meet/talk to. Seems like you'll be a great addition to this forum ;)

PS: I love to read too! What have you been reading recently?

Your avi, is that from fight club? I don't read much, I've read a few, but it's mostly because I can't afford books and too shy to borrow from my friend. I borrow once in awhile. but I have to gather all courage. I dont like reading online too. it hurts my eyes. But anyway welcome to the forum :)

floffyschneeman said:
Your avi, is that from fight club? I don't read much, I've read a few, but it's mostly because I can't afford books and too shy to borrow from my friend. I borrow once in awhile. but I have to gather all courage. I dont like reading online too. it hurts my eyes. But anyway welcome to the forum :)

Do u have a public library nearby?

Welcome to the site Virginia! I also like reading :)

Peter Lorre said:
Hey there Virginia, welcome!

You've got a nice name (one that you don't hear too often where I come from) and you seem like a nice person to meet/talk to. Seems like you'll be a great addition to this forum ;)

PS: I love to read too! What have you been reading recently?

Thanks for the welcome :)
Honestly a lot of what I've been reading recently is fanfiction but I'll read any sort of book that captures my interest. The last actuall book that I read though was Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk.

floffyschneeman said:

Thanks!

And yes, it is from Fight Club. It's the first of Chucks books that I ever read and I've seen the movie so many times I've almost got it memorized. Lol.

spectacles said:
Do u have a public library nearby?

Welcome to the site Virginia! I also like reading :)

eh, I live in a third world country. I am not sure if we have a decent public library. Even our library at school is in need of huge help ^^ But I think after I finish school and get a job, books would be one of my first self treat :)

house.in.blue said:
Thanks!

And yes, it is from Fight Club. It's the first of Chucks books that I ever read and I've seen the movie so many times I've almost got it memorized. Lol.

It's the only Chuck book I've ever read, lol. and I've seen the movie too, the ending with the pixies' song was just brilliant :)

Latest posts

Back