Bored? Entertainment Mega Thread

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Opponent Of Rocky's Did You Enjoy Watching The Most?

• Apollo Creed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clubber Lang

• Ivan Drago

• Tommy Gunn

• Mason Dixon

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are 67.5% geeky.

Not bad. Maybe you spend a little too much time with your computer, but at least you have friends. You do have friends, right?

The current average score is: 34.88%

Fact: 43.22% of people who took this test admit to wearing a costume "just for fun".
------------------------

That quiz annoyed me:

-Why focus on computer programming when there are other geeky pursuits?
-What the heck was up with the bum bag questions? I didn't know what they were, so I said I hadn't worn them... though I'm not sure it counts to wear them to amusement parks? (They're easier to deal with than purses/ backpacks are when you get on rides) Either way, I've never known anybody who wore them outside of something like a visit to Disney World.
-Instead of Star Trek, they should have just said "science fiction movie" or some such thing. There are people who despise Star Trek but totally geek out about other stuff. Same with D&D. There are other tabletop RPGs out there.

Geek Test Results

You are 47.5% geeky.

OK, not that geeky at all, are you? I'll bet you even have a girlfriend (or boyfriend).

------------

I am actually a lot more geeky than that. I had to answer no to several questions for reasons other than any lack of geekyness.

Why does it assume I have a girlfriend? Silly test.

You are 42.5% geeky.

OK, not that geeky at all, are you? I'll bet you even have a girlfriend (or boyfriend).

Fact: 19.85% of people who took this test claim to have attempted to build a robot.

rsz_shit_zpsb8b021c8.png

This is just a joke right, for fun. Cause if not...*hovers over "close thread" button*
:D :p

Crikey! Strike a light Guv, what's goin' on 'ere?

Need a cup of tea LK? Cucumber sandwich?

I say, old chap, I do believe this is a spiffing idea. I shall be providing tea and scones for everyone, but if anyone suggests coffee then I shall have to demand satisfaction.

LoneKiller said:
Sci-Fi said:
This is just a joke right, for fun. Cause if not...*hovers over "close thread" button*
Hi Sci-Fi. This is just a joke. Yes.:)

GraceBlossom said:
Eyup, glad to know! Ok Toodle pip :p
Ahh...right. right....what does that mean?

So, Eyup is a very Northern saying for Hello, and toodle pip is posh talk for bye :D!

GraceBlossom said:
LoneKiller said:
Sci-Fi said:

GraceBlossom said:

So, Eyup is a very Northern saying for Hello, and toodle pip is posh talk for bye :D!

Ah. Ok. Thanks Grace. You're a peach.:)

LoneKiller said:
GraceBlossom said:
LoneKiller said:
Sci-Fi said:

GraceBlossom said:

John Lennon says "Eyup" just before the start of Happiness is a Warm Gun on the White Album.

Funny thing dialect and accents. In the UK you can tell if someone is from the Midlands, North East , Liverpool, Manchester, London or Yorkshire, or Welsh or Scottish. The range of accents seems really strong, especially if they have lived there their whole life and I think a working class upbringing makes them stronger, middle class seem to drop it and the upper class seem to have their own language entirely :).

I guess the same must be in America but I'd struggle to place many beyond a southern accent or a New York or maybe Minnesota (because of watching Fargo!) but they are probably only the stereotyped versions. Is it easy for American's to place someone to a certain state or City? I guess it must be. In the UK everyone is so squashed together it suprises me how different a mancunian and Liverpool (scouse) accent is given how close they are to each other. Scouse accent is an acquired taste, some especially the girls can be a bit ...squeaky! :D

Lippy_Kid said:
LoneKiller said:
GraceBlossom said:
LoneKiller said:
Sci-Fi said:

GraceBlossom said:

John Lennon says "Eyup" just before the start of Happiness is a Warm Gun on the White Album.

Funny thing dialect and accents. In the UK you can tell if someone is from the Midlands, North East , Liverpool, Manchester, London or Yorkshire, or Welsh or Scottish. The range of accents seems really strong, especially if they have lived there their whole life and I think a working class upbringing makes them stronger, middle class seem to drop it and the upper class seem to have their own language entirely :).

I guess the same must be in America but I'd struggle to place many beyond a southern accent or a New York or maybe Minnesota (because of watching Fargo!) but they are probably only the stereotyped versions. Is it easy for American's to place someone to a certain state or City? I guess it must be. In the UK everyone is so squashed together it suprises me how different a mancunian and Liverpool (scouse) accent is given how close they are to each other. Scouse accent is an acquired taste, some especially the girls can be a bit ...squeaky! :D

:D I use Eyup all the time :D!

I'm much more likely to just say 'oreet' myself. I'm a very common sounding Cumbria in real life. Cheeky southerners tell me I sound like either A. A geordie or B. A FARMER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back