can a 19 year old be as machure as a 90 year old

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regigrace27

Reaction score
can a 19 year old be as machure as a 90 year old... this girl follows her heart... got herself aways from emotionally manipulative abusive parents is on her own.... says really wise stuff.. stuff people like einstein and will smith haved said before... in differnt words... she went from being mentally unstable in middle school to now being off all the meds and functioning and takes good care of her self and handles relationships

Will Smith is known for being wise? I wouldn't say she's as wise and "mature" as a 90 year old but she's just mature. It would depend on the 90 year old I guess. She's an adult and she acts like an adult. =P I admit it's harder to do than it sounds but it's not something super amazing. She sounds like a good person to be around.

kamya said:
Will Smith is known for being wise? I wouldn't say she's as wise and "mature" as a 90 year old but she's just mature. It would depend on the 90 year old I guess. She's an adult and she acts like an adult. =P I admit it's harder to do than it sounds but it's not something super amazing. She sounds like a good person to be around.

do you think it is possible ...not nessicarrily her.. but possible for a 19 year old to be more machure than a 90 year old that is considerd as machure as a 90 year old... what ever that means

Its possible for someone to be precocious, of course. Maturity is a measure of more than what someone says, but what they do. If she supports herself, and has a plan for her future then she's doing well. I would not try to compare with other people overtly.

IgnoredOne said:
Its possible for someone to be precocious, of course. Maturity is a measure of more than what someone says, but what they do. If she supports herself, and has a plan for her future then she's doing well. I would not try to compare with other people overtly.

so you believe its possible???
adding the precious kinda made it unclear

Maturity isn't something we can really quantify dood. It's not a constant thing and it doesn't necessarily grow over time. If you really want a yes or no answer then I am going to answer no I don't believe its possible for a 19 year old to be more mature than the average 90 year old.

I believe the average 90 year old suffers from senility, which makes the question even stranger.

"precocious" isn't the same as precious; at any rate, I believe it is too variable of a question to answer. I put forth the best metrics I can for what I feel maturity consists of.

Maturity comes from personal experience, not age. Now an older person is more likely to have more experiences, but I think the quality of your experiences effects maturity so much more than quantity.

regigrace27 said:
do you think it is possible ...not nessicarrily her.. but possible for a 19 year old to be more machure than a 90 year old that is considerd as machure as a 90 year old... what ever that means

With spelling like that? Nope. :rolleyes:

Can a 19 year old be as wise as a 90 year old and be unable to remember the name of the last three people she met?

regigrace27 said:
can a 19 year old be as machure as a 90 year old... this girl follows her heart... got herself aways from emotionally manipulative abusive parents is on her own.... says really wise stuff.. stuff people like einstein and will smith haved said before... in differnt words... she went from being mentally unstable in middle school to now being off all the meds and functioning and takes good care of her self and handles relationships

Not unless there's something seriously wrong with the 90 year old.

I've been thinking about this one, cause like Ignored mentioned, senility does set in later in life, but there are still some 90 year old's who are pretty with it. Seeing as the guidelines weren't specified I'm going to figure the 90 year old in subject is still pretty with it and has their wits about them. I'll say no a 19 year old is not as mature. In fact they are so far from the level of maturity a 90 year old would have. In this context to me being mature is how you conduct yourself, knowledge gained over the years, and experienced gained in life. A 90 year old would have much more of this. A 19 year old has yet to really even begin to live. There are 19 year old's who are mature for their age, but lack the experience age and years of living bring. Doesn't the normal human brain not reach adult maturity until like 18-25 anyway? So to say a 19 year old is more mature then a 90 year old would be like spitting in their face.

If it is something that grows with age and experience then why do so many people act like children when things don't go their way or when they perceive that a younger adult is 'questioning their authority'?

Harkat said:
If it is something that grows with age and experience then why do so many people act like children when things don't go their way or when they perceive that a younger adult is 'questioning their authority'?

ITS TO fresia WITH THE 19 YEARS OLD
HEAD THAT THINKS HE/SHE HAS ALL
THE ANSWERS, OF COURSE.

GEEWHEEZZZZZZ....
EVERY OLD FART KNOWS THIS.LOL

Lonesome Crow said:
Harkat said:

ITS TO fresia WITH THE 19 YEARS OLD
HEAD THAT THINKS HE/SHE HAS ALL
THE ANSWERS, OF COURSE.

GEEWHEEZZZZZZ....
EVERY OLD FART KNOWS THIS.LOL

XD

Personally I believe that people make the best decision in accordance to their previous experiences and these decisions are often influenced by the society, their friends, self 'image' and family.
Maturity could be seen as a decision that complies best with extraneous and internal factors ...
So in a way, a 19 year old can make as mature a decision as a 90 year old but generally speaking the 90 year old knows best.

Im not sure, cause Im not 90.
Just in my own expreimce and informations ive gathered from
Various places.
The internet also provides many
Resources today. So im open to
many to many ideas.
Do all people advantage to this? .NO

My writing skills might not be so well,
However i do read a lot to further educate
Myself, grow or expand myself.o

Do i make wise decisions all that time? No
Do i act appropriate to want societay deem
Appropriate all the time? No

Have I experienced and been exposed the
Many conditions or circumstances that
Are healhty or unhealthy..Yes.

Do i have healty yr

Do i engage in healty and unhealthy behaviors? Yes.

Do i have or the answers or experiences of others? No

Example....i dont know how it feels like to
Be a 25 yr old thats nevered kissed a girl.

I'm only half way to 90 so can't really give you an experienced answer but judging by Grandfather I'd have to say no chance. Check back in 45 years and I'll give you better feedback.

I can say that an almost 45 year old sometimes wants to act like a nine year old as far as maturity goes (I have a 9 year old and would love to have her life).

At the sometime...
Not too many people knows what's
its like to have KIMI as their daughter.
The circumstances and conditions
Of who she is and the many factors
in her life...
What decisions and actions i must make.
I try to the most wise decisions as a loving father to her.
My decisions are based on my own experience and what
Ive been exposed to or learned from my own life.
H

Im 45...
Ive been exposed to the idea
Of your inner child.

Its a healing concept for people
That been abused as children.

I came from a very dysfunctional home
Where theres a lot of abuse, neglect and violance.
My bubble got bust really fast as a child that
Life wasn't fucken disny land

The inner child is concept of my adult side ( HIGHER SELF)
Allow my child side to be loved and sort of reparent myself.
A loving childhood i never had...
Sometimes that's why react as a child. Its just
My inner child taking over due to lack of love and understand.
It needs love and healing.

Anyway...these are just some of the ideas
Or concept ive been exposed to or learned.

Have all 19 yrs old or older been taught this?

Latest posts

Back