Can't move away because of loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostsoul62

Reaction score
I have lived in the Phoenix metro for 7 years and I have tried to move out 7 times and failed. I got a divorce 6 years ago and I can't seem to break away from her. She is a nice person and I am living in her house as a roommate for 6 months. The only way I will be able to move out of Phoenix which I don't like is with someone. I don't have any friends or family just my ex-wife. I'm 63 and haven't been with a lady for 6 years. I've been depressed for about 6 years from loneliness and doctors can't help because I'm the only one who can get a friend. So I learn how to make friends or be stuck in a place I don't want to be for the rest of my life.

So sorry to hear this!

You sound like you are in a bit of a vicious circle!

Climb on out!

Sometimes we need to 'feel' our own pain to cause us to want to claw our way out. Sometimes we need to break a habit- do something new to break free from the loneliness that isolates us and keeps us from moving forward, or in your case 'out!'

I used to be in a dead end relationship with a fella and I didn’t think I could move on without him but when the ‘crunch time’ came, I saw that it was more painful for me to remain in the relationship that to move on out alone... I did it though with fear and trembling and never looked back!

Oh but this is so much easier said than done!

Your Doctor does have a point! 'You' are the only one who can do this! The only thing is to keep reaching out! Don't be afraid and when you feel weak, ask for help and perhaps there are people who can encourage you.

I can only say 'Stay strong! Keep going and try, try, try again!'

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back