Cat Person or Dog Person?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodeilla

Reaction score
I love both cats and dogs.  At the moment, I have 2 cats.  I don't think they would deal well with a dog in the house.  So I'm officially a cat person.

How about you?  Which are you?

bodeilla said:
I love both cats and dogs.  At the moment, I have 2 cats.  I don't think they would deal well with a dog in the house.  So I'm officially a cat person.

How about you?  Which are you?

I lived with cats for 15 years and regarded myself as a confirmed cat person. Then circumstances changed and suddenly there was one, then another dog in the home (sharing with one solitary cat).

To be honest, it worked out ok. the one solitary Tom is definitely in charge and sometimes they are all curled up together- something I never would have thought possible.

So, I'm now both a dog and cat person, cos in the end I think maybe it's about the environment rather than the type of animal...?  ;)

Cat person, definitely cats. I like dogs but I have no desire to have one as a pet. At one time, I had 7 cats - down to one now, and my husband is fine with that. He'd flip out if we had more.

IezkaM.gif

Forgottendanfan said:
Cats. I've had them all my life and currently have three!

Ah, pictures?

I am all animals and pets lover. Never killed a bug. :D I do love dogs and cats. Anyway, cats are more convenient to have at home. They are walking themselves, washing, and so on, you know. But the best one that they give a private space. That's why I love them. Yeah, they smell nice too. :) I have got two. One is huge Maine Coon and another domestic cat. Fights all over the place. Such fun! :)

I'm definitely a cat person. I like things to be laid back and calm. There's a neighborhood cat that loves hanging out in my yard and I'm totally fine with that.

I hate most dogs. The barking drives me crazy. It's like they are screaming at me. Unfortunately I have a couple neighbors with several dogs that bark all the time. Their owners just ignore them.

However, there are some very well trained dogs that are awesome. They behave almost like people. I have run into a few on the hiking trails. One of the owners was old and really slow. His dog decided to hang out with me on the trail and then met back up with his owner on the way back. It was like I was with another person. BTW, that dog never barked. It just sort of growl talked to me. I could totally deal with that.

I am both. I have 5 cats though at the moment. I didn't mean to have them all. One got pregnant before her appointment to get spayed. I am soft and kept her kittens.

I love dogs, but don't think I could cope with one at this time in my life. I am hoping one day one of my kids has one or two and I can have Grand dogs to spoil and dog sit.

Although I love both, I would ultimately label myself as a cat person. I've been the "servant" of six beautiful cats over the years (three currently still alive) and never had a dog.

I knew a customer with 24 cats.She would make our lunch time sandwiches on the bar with a couple of cats sitting on it .I love my dogs,especially the rescue ones I've owned.But I would like a cat but it's not possible unfortunately.

Forgottendanfan said:
Although I love both, I would ultimately label myself as a cat person. I've been the "servant" of six beautiful cats over the years (three currently still alive) and never had a dog.

Inlove how they choose their favourites.  One of my cats loves me he follows me around and loves Ginny gazing at me lol.

Just Games said:
I knew a customer with 24 cats.She would make our lunch time sandwiches on the bar with a couple of cats sitting on it .I love my dogs,especially the rescue ones I've owned.But I would like a cat but it's not possible unfortunately.

We had a lady near where I live who has sadly since passed and she devoted her life to taking in cats and trying to rehome them, I have no idea how many she had.  She very well loved and appreciated for what she did.

Serenia said:
Forgottendanfan said:

Inlove how they choose their favourites.  One of my cats loves me he follows me around and loves Ginny gazing at me lol.

Just Games said:

We had a lady near where I live who has sadly since passed and she devoted her life to taking in cats and trying to rehome them, I have no idea how many she had.  She very well loved and appreciated for what she did.

Same here  .People would bring injured cats to her and the like and she kept many in her home.She also had a feral tabby I think that would sit on her shed and look into her kitchen.Wonderful lady.

Latest posts

Back