Chat room

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cklove

Will there be a chat room on this site? I know others have brought it up earlier just wondering if it's in the works.

I've had two members send pm's but i think it would help break the ice if there was a chat room here

It was me who made a thread about the Chat Room a while back and it didn't get an overwelming reponse, so I suppose the Chat Room is in limbo at the moment.

most ppl r even 2 terrified 2 use the shoutbox so looks like its more of a permanent limbo :(

Is a chatroom too difficult to program into a site or something? If there were going to be one added, I don't understand why it would take this long to be implemented. I'd like a chatroom as well.

theres a few of us who would use a chatroom obviously. but when the shoutbox could basically b used as a chatroom right now. & ppl rnt even using that. what makes ppl think a full featured chatroom would b any different?
serious question here

I say "Build it they will come"

At least give it a shot. Try it they may like it. So what if it's empty for a while I'm sure it'll work out.
What is there to lose?

O.K you may need a moderator that may be what's causing the hold up.

cklove said:
I say "Build it they will come"

At least give it a shot. Try it they may like it. So what if it's empty for a while I'm sure it'll work out.
What is there to lose?

O.K you may need a moderator that may be what's causing the hold up.

With AIM and MSN why would we need a chat room?

bcuz some have a fear of messengers... but i dont c those ppl willing 2 use a chatroom either

but okay lets say we get a chatroom. then weve got 2 get mods. not just 1. 1 person cant sit there 24/7. so where r all these ppl who r going 2 mod? when we can probably only get about 6 of us who will even use the chatroom anyway. r all 6 of us going 2 split the day? do we each have 4 hours/day 2 mod???
not trying 2 b a pessimist. just asking honest qs

I have to be honest and say that I would not use it to often. If its an instant chat I wonted then I would have not come to a forum. But ye I do agree that some ppl may wont to talk to other ppl on instant chat and at the same time may not wont to add a contact to there msn are whatever you use.

But if you would like a chat box then your always moor then welcome to use a silly little thing I did just playing around. No one uses it so your free to :) blog with chat box in I did put this up hear be for but no one used it. Also take some time out to read the blog, There some funny and sad stuff in there but sad in a good way :)

Well I think that a chat room would help this forum, why?
1.It would let the members get to know each other and bond alot better, and maybe not feel so lonely.
2. It could also be alot of fun at times.
3.You can get different versions of chat rooms, and some have private rooms where members could talk to each other about personal problems, and more important, urgent and ditressing matters. I have seen posts on this forum in the past where members are seeking help and support right now, this would cure that matter. We could also have it set so that members only can use the chat room.
4.You can also get functions where if a persons swares, they are automatically banned from the room, so maybe moderators wouldn't be needed in the chat room.
5. We could also set times to have meetings about topics, such as eg. loneliness, and members could join in and share their thoughts on the topics.
I don't know the expense to the administrator for getting a chat room on the forum, but I am very keen to get this thing up and going and would be willing to throw in a few dollars to get it.
So to me a chat room has quite a few more functions than people chatting about trivial stuff and joking around. Maybe we wouldn't get that many members who use it, who knows? but I think that it would be of great advantage to those who do.

all well said blue xcept i c 1 problem still there...
no need 4 mods wont work. theres always going 2 b some1 who does something that falls out of the line of just cussing
cruelty or spam & a few other things
& if this is all really the case. lets say it looks like @ least 4 or 5 of us want this. then y dont we just make our own chatroom?

NewBirth said:
all well said blue xcept i c 1 problem still there...
no need 4 mods wont work. theres always going 2 b some1 who does something that falls out of the line of just cussing
cruelty or spam & a few other things
& if this is all really the case. lets say it looks like @ least 4 or 5 of us want this. then y dont we just make our own chatroom?
Well if we had a password to the chat room, also don't allow guests in there, I think that it would be ok. We could also report the members who are spamming abusing etc.....
Your right thought it would be impossible to moderate 24/7. Maybe The Google Bot and Yahoo Slurp could moderate it, there here all the time. lol.
But if it doesn't eventuate, I'd be in starting our own chat room.

well no guest in there would b ez. & ur right about reporting spamming & abusing members
solution 2 not being able 2 mod 24/7 could b 2 only open the room during hours when we had a mod available
i dont c any problems doing this. the hardest part would b getting ppl 2 come LoL

I must say I feel strongly about this to blue sky. I know there are some free chat rooms out there. I have no clue what is needed to set them up, but. Well, somehow we need to find one that can be used with the right features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back