Christmas Card Exchange, 2013!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
daughter of the moon said:
How does this work then; how do we go from here? Will you be sending out pm's to collect our addresses, then forward them to the participants? And when will you be doing that? :)

I will start that this weekend. I'll be PMing anyone who has signed up to get their info and such.

Remember, if you have any requests, etc or want to toss out any ideas as far as the best way to pair people off, anyone can feel free to give suggestions here in the thread. :)

Oh, pairing off? So it's not everybody writes to everybody? Can we submit requests then? :p

EveWasFramed said:
How does this work then; how do we go from here? Will you be sending out pm's to collect our addresses, then forward them to the participants? And when will you be doing that? :)

I will start that this weekend. I'll be PMing anyone who has signed up to get their info and such.

Remember, if you have any requests, etc or want to toss out any ideas as far as the best way to pair people off, anyone can feel free to give suggestions here in the thread. :)

Oh, pairing off? So it's not everybody writes to everybody? Can we submit requests then? :p

Im sure that there would be a number of people who wouldn't mind exchanging with multiple people, but they would need to let me know. Otherwise, it's pairing off. Not everyone would have the funds to send out multiple cards (or the postage required - sending overseas can be costly when sending multiples). So, it's likely that most people would only want to send and receive just one, but anyone who wants to volunteer to send/receive more can certainly let me know when I send the PMs asking for addresses. That way, I can let everyone know who wants to send more than one.

-Sai- said:
I would like to quit my participation.

Noted. Sorry you won't be joining us. :(

simhthmss said:
im in post n receive

I'll add you to our list. :)

We're getting a little closer to the time of assigning names, so anyone who wants to join in, please do so by this weekend. :)

OK....everyone who wants to be included in the xmas card exchange needs to go ahead and send me your info.
Anyone else coming in after this point can still be included, but I want to go ahead and get everyone paired up - especially the ones who will be sending their cards to another country.

Please indicate if you want to send, receive or both.
Let me know if you want to send/receive more than one also.

I'd like to send. I would be OK to receive but only if it's from someone overseas. I'm in the US.
I can send multiple, anywhere in the world.

Regu and Rainee added to the list.

I was just thinking...

If there is anyone who would rather not send their personal info to me via PM, and would just rather send it to only the person they are exchanging cards with, that is completely understandable. Just drop me a PM letting me know so I can start pairing folks off. :)

EveWasFramed said:
I was just thinking...

If there is anyone who would rather not send their personal info to me via PM, and would just rather send it to only the person they are exchanging cards with, that is completely understandable. Just drop me a PM letting me know so I can start pairing folks off. :)

Yes, never give a mod who has a habit of knocking people over the head with a club your address unless you have to!

....And now I've realized that I already sent you my info, and I probably shouldn't be teasing you...
2efs2ug.jpg

Locke said:
Yes, never give a mod who has a habit of knocking people over the head with a club your address unless you have to!

....And now I've realized that I already sent you my info, and probably shouldn't be teasing you...

:cool: That's right. So tread carefully.

lmao, the club is an endearment, dammit! :club:

Well...most of the time. :shy:

OK...Im starting to pair folks off, but there are still a number of people who haven't contacted me yet, so everyone who has signed up, please PM me as soon as possible. :)

I`m in for both send& receive. I`ll gladly send to whomever wants (I`d like to send handmade ones, but I am an antitalent at that, so it`ll be probably bought ones). As for receiving, it`s optional for those who really want to.
(I know, Eve, you said by the end of the weekend, but I read about the deadline only now and made up my mind in a split of a second, although I`ve read the thread from the beginning, so feel free to frown or mumble something about me jumping the last in the train).
worried.gif

zero said:
I`m in for both send& receive. I`ll gladly send to whomever wants (I`d like to send handmade ones, but I am an antitalent at that, so it`ll be probably bought ones). As for receiving, it`s optional for those who really want to.
(I know, Eve, you said by the end of the weekend, but I read about the deadline only know and made up my mind in a split of a second, although I`ve read the thread from the beginning, so feel free to frown or mumble something about me jumping the last in the train).
worried.gif

LOL! No worries. I will exchange with anyone who finds themselves with no partner due to joining late. :p
However, at this stage, that's not an issue. There is still plenty of time. The only time constraints really are the mail delivery services during the holiday. :D
I will add your name to the list. Just send me your info via PM here on the forum, as well as if you have any requests.
For example, someone may not want to exchange with someone in their own country, for security reasons.

EveWasFramed said:
LOL! No worries. I will exchange with anyone who finds themselves with no partner due to joining late. :p
However, at this stage, that's not an issue. There is still plenty of time. The only time constraints really are the mail delivery services during the holiday. :D
I will add your name to the list. Just send me your info via PM here on the forum, as well as if you have any requests.
For example, someone may not want to exchange with someone in their own country, for security reasons.
I can send to multiple persons, no problem for me, it`s more about the fun of this action and the (hopefully) joy of the person receiving the card. As for privacy and security issues, I think there`s a solution to that too, I`ll get more precise information about it tomorrow and write a pm to you. I have no requests or preferences.

This is such a great idea! We should do the same for Easter. And Solstice :D

Card planned, awaiting some technical specs for printing, then it's design and produce time!

Hi, I'd love to send 5 cards! No receiving. Is that alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back