Cigarettes.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've saved me a lot of money by storming off to smoke instead of smashing things.

I hate smoking but I also hate not smoking.

Is it true they put antidepressants in cigarettes? Might explain why my mood is crashing despite sucking on nicotine lozenges non stop.

I go through phases. Sometimes a pack last two weeks. Sonetimes a day. Depends on how pissed off/drunk/high I get.

If they do, it's a shitty ******* anti-depressant cause it ain't working.
With all the other shot I smoke, I couldn't be bothered to really know what's in them because it won't be worse.

Way too expensive for me to do, which is probably why I haven't. I'd rather waste money on other things.

For me, it's a stress breaker and a habit. I can quit whenever and I have before. If I could just go two **** weeks without the ceiling caving in on my head or my kids being ******** (they get it from their father. lol), I would be done.

As of now, I'll quit for a week, then get stressed and go buy a pack. Hoping to totally kick the habit by next year. I'm only smoking 4-6 a day, so it's not too horrible.

Unfortunately, I've been smoking since I was 14 years old... It's been 30 years... Somebody once told me, "You wanna give yourself a $2,000/year raise without having to ask your boss? Try quitting smoking..." I happened to enjoy smoking but I do realize it's bad for me so I try to cut down... I'm about a pack a day... At the peak, I used to go through about 2 1/2 packs a day...

cumulus.james said:
It is extremely uncomfortable to be without them.

That's all.

No it's not. That's because I never smoked in my entire life.

That's all. :cool:

I know I need to quit because it's horrible for my body. 26 years of smoking..it will be a hard habit to break.

Problem is, I really enjoy my cigarettes. Bummer.

Danielle said:
I know I need to quit because it's horrible for my body. 26 years of smoking..it will be a hard habit to break.

Problem is, I really enjoy my cigarettes. Bummer.

That's the problem with all my bad habits. I enjoy them way too much to quit. I can't quit until I WANT too. And I don't.

My mother's smoked for over 40 years, like many she started in school at a time where the health impacts were not fully known. Now I worry for her health all the time, I see those horrific pictures they put on the packets (Here in the UK) of normal lungs compared to a smoker of 30 years or so, and I worry so much about the state of her own. I dread to think about how it's damaging her and "how long left" she has before she gets sick. I worry that it's inevitable; however long it takes.

It's not like I've never tried to persuade her to give them up, I believe there's many good options out there now. My uncle also smoked for many years and gave up with the help of these prescription pills he got off the NHS (Free) and I always hoped my mother would go down the same route. Only to be disappointed; "Life's too stressful for me not to smoke" or "Why quit a habit of a lifetime" or "It's too late for any of that now", It's her own choice she smokes and doesn't have any interest of quitting, despite the many reasons TO quit. Over the years since I was young I've come to accept this is just something she does, the effort to convince her has slowly faded but the worry is still there.

I think I'm the only one in my family that has never smoked; all my childhood I've been around smokers and I despise the smell, to me it's what cancer smells like. My nan died of a smoking related disease when I was young, my aunt had cancer due to smoking - thankfully something she got through, it took THAT for her to stop smoking. And I believe it'll take something as horrific in order to force my mother to stop. I don't really like Cigarettes at all.

Latest posts

Back