Clubbing on your own?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FillyTheBish

Reaction score
Being a loner (obviously), I sometimes go clubbing on by myself.

I get a few funny looks if someone thinks it's obvious that I'm alone, like the odd sniggering couple of girls, but more often I get guys and girls talk to me and sometimes dance a bit.

Anyone here ever go clubbing on your own or am I the only one?

I havent, it sounds dangerous for a girl to do alone. It's probably more safe for a lone guy.

im not really into the clubbing or bar thing so i dont go. not really any clubs around here anyway.

I'm still underage, but I think that it's a good opportunity to meet other single people.

Who knows, there might be some single-lone girls there looking for a nice guy :).

There is a song by The Smiths that goes...

There's a club, if you'd like to go
You could meet someone who really loves you
So you go, and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home
And you cry
And you want to die

This pretty much sums up my ideas about going to social situations alone.

eris said:
There is a song by The Smiths that goes...

Lol, yes it can get you like that if you go there purely for looking for a hookup.

Personally I go for the music and to chat to people who I will likely not meet again.

I find it liberating; gets me out of these 4 walls.

I actually met my ex-fiance while out clubbing alone, she was with friends.

If you go with the mindset of having a good time on your own and nothing else, then anything else good that happens will be a bonus and you don't get that down feeling afterwards.

I think you other loner guys should try it. The girls, maybe, I have seen some loner girls at clubs, but I guess it's more iffy for them.

I've tried going on my own, but I end up meeting friends I know there. But yeah, hit the dance floor, get your grind on, drink one or two, your buzzed, then your google eyeing the sexy half dressed girls getting "banged" by their man, (yes I know, i can only seem to find wild crazy clubs). But all in all, its just all for fun, not realky going to meet someone, especialy someone I want to marry, I'm pretty sure thats what the girls think too. So its just for a good social interaction for a night. I'm a nice guy, so I dont want to bring one of these drunk girls home, fresia I respect my home better than that, anyways I'm rambling...

...so yeah I would go alone, wgo cares if your alone, your there for you not them, plus drink a bit to loosen up.

eris said:
that song isnt about looking for a hookup. It's about being alone and miserable.

I love you.

Morrissey has also sung on live occasions:

There's a club, if you'd like to go
you could meet somebody who even likes you / actually likes / can actually stand you
so you go, and you stand on your own
and you leave on your own
and you go home, and you cry
and you want to die of course / what else Or replaced this line with "What a big surprise" and on some occasions instead of singing the line has just sobbed.

But anyway, I hate clubs, horrid little holes full of vapid people who only care about certain boring things listening to music that says nothing to me about my life.

I'll never go out clubbing by myself. That just seems so sad. And besides, I'm not really into clubbing. I've only done it twice, and it's not for me. I've never been to a bar, but I'd probably enjoy that a lot more, since I'd rather drink my ass off than dance with sweaty people.

I go clubbing and generally go out and do things on my own. It's fun and I find that I am more likely to meet new people when I am out alone. :)

Clubbing, the kind that involves mostly techno or hip-hop music, DJs, drunks, and hooking up with people -- no.

Live music, where people are really there to see the performers and are really into their music -- yes.

I'm not entirely sure why I make that distinction.

Latest posts

Back