Coulda,woulda,shoulda?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mamita_tina

Reaction score
If you were able to change anythin in your life, past or present, would you? then what would it be.

Tricky question. The things that have happened in your past make you who you are today. Lessons learned, blah blah blah. There are things I would love to have happened differently, things I wish I would have done differently, but...if they were done differently, if I could go back and change them, who and were would I be now? I can't say I like my life all that much right now, but if what has happened to me, didn't happen, I wouldn't have woken up and saw that I was wasting every part of my life away. So as much as it hurts right now, as alone as I am, I don't think I would change it.
The whole "if I knew then, what I know now" thing doesn't work, because even if I had known then, I wasn't READY to change. I wasn't ready to open myself to feeling again.
Besides all that, just because you change something in the past, doesn't mean it will make it better. Play the hand your dealt, that's my motto.

I would go back and stop myself from registering in this forum. That would be the best thing to do.

Nothing. Anything I don't like about myself can be worked on in the future.
If I changed my past, I could turn out to be worse than what I am now.
And I don't exactly hate how I am now, compared to how worse I could have turned out.

Sanal said:
I would go back and stop myself from registering in this forum. That would be the best thing to do.

I know why you're saying that... but THEN YOU WOULDN'T BE MY CATFISH BUDDYYY!!!! :(

*manly hugs* lol

We are the sum of our experiences, good and bad. I am who and where I am today because of every bad decision or wise choice. There are quite a few "should haves" in my life. But if I could go back I wouldn't. Maybe I would not have my children if I had not married the first time. Maybe I would be dead if I had re enlisted after 9/11. So no, I wouldn't go back.

^^^Nicely said.

I only have one real regret in life and those who know me know what that is.

i would go back to like the year before high school and tell myself to take more chances and try stuff because i will regret it if i dont. maybe i wouldnt be where im at right now.

I would find Stephanie Meyer, as she was setting the last paragraph of the first 'Twilight' book to paper in the dark of the night. I would move silently through her house, completely unknown beneath the sound of her ticking clock and tapping keyboard as she finalized those hellishly disjointed words upon the page.

I would muffle her mouth and pull back her head, and whisper a sickly sweet song of death and damnation in to her ear. And then, with a dagger consecrated in mead, flame, and desperation during the Winternacht blót, I would strike Seven Blows for Justice, Seven Blows for Freedom. Seven Blows for Love, of an art now twisted in to something wicked. The dagger will cry out with each vengeful thrust, Seven horid screams not of this hallowed Earth. Any mortal who hears it shall always hear it, and will know what has happened; but they will never speak of it, for fear that the screams will one day be for them.

And then, I would open Angayar-Degalal's Bottle of Dusky Mists, an artifact long forgotten and retrieved from a forbidden place, at a cost that I can not discuss. The bottle will consume her soul, dooming it to float in the sickly sweet ether of the Bottle's own pocket dimension. It will be forever caressed by hands not quite warm, but not quite cold; almost so soft as to be sticky, and just visible enough to be seen from the corner of an eye. Her being will be picked apart over and over, more times than can be counted, and scrutinized upon the dinner table of Eternity itself.

I would leave as silently as I came, after 'discovering' a fault in the electrical system of her home, to Cleanse that spot of earth in flame.

The world may end and the sun may envelope the inner planets. The Universe may reverse creation and collapse in on itself. The Bottle has seen these things more times than they have actually happened, yet never once come out worse for the wear. When Thor is slain and Odin has fallen, and Surtr's sword rips fire through the sky, the Bottle shall endure; and so for all time (and yet, for NO time, as the bottle is timeless), Ms. Meyer will always know exactly how I feel about her.

Anyway, yeah, that's what I'd do if I could change just one thing. Maybe. I might have a different idea tomorrow and ask for a do-over. Maybe I'd buy more lotto tickets or something.

Latest posts

Back