Couples, couples and more couples

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Presence

Reaction score
Every time I walk past a couple, an emotional reaction is triggered inside of me, I just feel paralyzed and look at them, then I look down :( and keep on walking. I tend to feel this at high streets/shopping centres/malls where it's full of them.

yeah the word makes me very reactive. I just wish I didn't feel the need to be a "C"

I dunno if this will make you feel better, but think of all the drama you're avoiding by not being in a relationship. When I was with my gf it got to a point where we used to argue every single day and I thought my head was about to explode. There wasn't any intimacy just fighting and bitching all the time. And, you can check out girls/guys whichever you please as much as you want without having any repurcussions. I know you want someone to hold, etc...but when you're single u wanna be in a relationship and when you're in a relationship u wanna be single. There are just as many bad relationships as good ones and thank god I'm not in a bad relationship I'd rather be single and lonely.

Thanks for the reply.

the relationship you described is pretty much the same as I have with my mum, she's always comparing me, and telling me I need a job, I'm a loser, calling me various names. I try not to react and just accept but sometimes I MUST let it out. I'm sure it's because she has other issues to deal with and I try to help out from time to time...but yeah thanks for the post.

Presence said:
Every time I walk past a couple, an emotional reaction is triggered inside of me, I just feel paralyzed and look at them, then I look down :( and keep on walking. I tend to feel this at high streets/shopping centres/malls where it's full of them.

On the flipside, you may enjoy playing couple spotting games. These include:

1. Guess who is on a first date and how do you think it's going.

2. Guess who got together when they were drunk.

3. Guess who got together when he/she was thin.

diamond-dancer said:
Presence said:

On the flipside, you may enjoy playing couple spotting games. These include:

1. Guess who is on a first date and how do you think it's going.

2. Guess who got together when they were drunk.

3. Guess who got together when he/she was thin.

Lolz. That's an awesome mindset/skill to have, one of my goals in life is to able to approach any woman I want, and this will be handy.

Presence said:

i feel the same way. ive never been in a "real" relationship and was betrayed. ever since then i dont like seeing couples. im kinda bitter too. its funny i never noticed couples until i lost my girl. i also feel extremely sad and lonely whenver one of my friend hooks up with someone. i could never do it.

I used to feel that way once. I remember the days when I would walk by a couple annd feelings of jelousy and lonelyness would kick in. I used to wonder why not me? Why can't I have that whats wrong with me? However someone that liked me was actualy right under my nose. I ended up falling for my guy friend. I was looking for love and it seemed like it would never come but it did come from someone that I didt expect. We had some good and bad times and it didnt work out but it gave me hope that I can have love jsut like everyone else. All that time I was looking for a boyfriend just because I wanted to have someone in my life and that way it never happened an I was miserable. But where I didnt look I end up finding something. From experience all I'm saying if you want to be in a relationship just so you could be in a couple and have someone you will most likely not be in a relatonship Best way to find someone is to not go looking for a girlfriend or boyfriend but simply go out in the world and try to meet people who share similar interests and that way you just might end up finding someone special.

sweetviki said:
I used to feel that way once. I remember the days when I would walk by a couple annd feelings of jelousy and lonelyness would kick in. I used to wonder why not me? Why can't I have that whats wrong with me? However someone that liked me was actualy right under my nose. I ended up falling for my guy friend. I was looking for love and it seemed like it would never come but it did come from someone that I didt expect. We had some good and bad times and it didnt work out but it gave me hope that I can have love jsut like everyone else. All that time I was looking for a boyfriend just because I wanted to have someone in my life and that way it never happened an I was miserable. But where I didnt look I end up finding something. From experience all I'm saying if you want to be in a relationship just so you could be in a couple and have someone you will most likely not be in a relatonship Best way to find someone is to not go looking for a girlfriend or boyfriend but simply go out in the world and try to meet people who share similar interests and that way you just might end up finding someone special.

I absolutely agree with Sweetviki, she's got it spot on! I never found a gf by actively looking, it always seemed to be when I wasn't ironically. Being single again (a yr now) it can make me sad seeing couples, especially around this time of year, coming up to christmas 'n all. But thats more just because it reminds me about what I had (or thought I had).. it will pass.

I used to and still do feel the same way. One day when I was still in school, I was walking down the street and I saw a couple having a pretty fierce argument about how the guy wanted to break up "right this ******* minute". So then I felt lucky for not having anyone.

Actually a few days ago on the Japanese TV there was a segment about pets. One of the bubbly female talents was forced to take care of a dog for a few days and she had a tough time. Her comment was "you shouldn't get a pet just because you think it looks cute". I suppose having a partner must be a lot of work, like having a pet. Sometimes I feel those people must be so lucky to have someone, then there's that other part of the relationship that is not shown to us as being attractive (like the house training of a pet etc). Makes me wonder sometimes.

Latest posts

Back