Crying

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nina said:
((((freedom)))) May it all get better one day and the wounds begin to heal. It breaks my heart to read such saddness from such good people.

thank you. trust me, most of the wounds have healed. i'm doing great now. whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and i'm a survivor.

Crying indicates anger , frustration at unfulfilled hopes. Sometimes we think we deserve certain things , hence we cry why why why ?

I used to do that a long time ago but now I chose to live out the rest of my life not in misery but in cold surrender that I will NEVER EVER have certain things other people have . Yes I will not deny that it stings a little sometimes and tears well up in my eyes . That is only because I am human and our nature dictates that hope never dies... even if its hopeless hope, the kind of hopeless hope that drives individuals like us to websites like this one.

The universe exists and everything is the way it is because that is the way its meant to be. My phsyche might militate against this solid cold logical reasoning but truthfully speeaking if the human race were made aware of the 'futility of it all' we would like lemmings rush off the jagged rock cliff into the raging ocean.

I might not be happy but all the same I am no longer sad. Acceptance of your present situation will wipe away the pointless tears from your eyes.
.Someone right now is saying but "it hurts inside"..... please read my post again from the start if you asking this.

Crying. It's a part of the human emotional spectrum. It's used to release stress. It's a shame that society doesn't know how to deal with people that cry. :/

(((((((QuietGuy))))))))

strugl said:
Crying indicates anger , frustration at unfulfilled hopes. Sometimes we think we deserve certain things , hence we cry why why why ?

I used to do that a long time ago but now I chose to live out the rest of my life not in misery but in cold surrender that I will NEVER EVER have certain things other people have . Yes I will not deny that it stings a little sometimes and tears well up in my eyes . That is only because I am human and our nature dictates that hope never dies... even if its hopeless hope, the kind of hopeless hope that drives individuals like us to websites like this one.

The universe exists and everything is the way it is because that is the way its meant to be. My phsyche might militate against this solid cold logical reasoning but truthfully speeaking if the human race were made aware of the 'futility of it all' we would like lemmings rush off the jagged rock cliff into the raging ocean.

I might not be happy but all the same I am no longer sad. Acceptance of your present situation will wipe away the pointless tears from your eyes.
.Someone right now is saying but "it hurts inside"..... please read my post again from the start if you asking this.

Just... wow. How utterly depressing.............

^ Ignoring/ repressing emotions is NEVER a good idea. Ask ANYONE.
Personally, if I didn't cry my pain away I'd probably become clinically insane.

Seven Days said:
I have a lot of things but some songs I would mention:

-The song in my signature speaks to me personally. It's a song written by the band as a tribute to their old songwriter who killed himself, based on real events, and a confessing note he left. He killed himself by literally making a homemade guillotine, hence the title: the poet and the pendulum. But the words just convey how I feel so well.

-Next would be the song 'Eva' by the same band. It's the story of a girl who hates her life, and imagines herself sailing away, dreaming of a better place, and trying to convince herself that the real world is far away.

But the one song that gets me everytime is 'taking over me' by evanescence. It's how I imagine the girl of my dreams Is feeling right now, and I just cry endlessly over my longing for her to be in my life.

I love Nightwish...with both the new and the old singer.

'Eva' is one of the songs that I would listen before falling asleep, on those cold, miserable rainy nights.

In a way, I found comfort.

I don't really cry... I don't know why... It would seem that I've lost this ability due to all the bitterness in my life... I simply don't care any more ...

When I feel like coping with loneliness is not what I am up to today, then I get little angry and frustrated... and Rob Dougan always helps:

Hugs and kisses,
KW

Let it all out dude. Cry as often as you need to! Nice taste in music!

iBreathe said:
strugl said:

Just... wow. How utterly depressing.............

utterly depressing ... i think the word you meant to use was 'liberating'.
Dude i am not saying I repress my need to cry i just cant cry anymore.

No.... no, I used the right word. Depressing. That's simply mo. Not meant to belittle yours, nor debate. It translated one specific way to me. Regardless of 'your' opinion on my translation... that's just how I saw/read it.

Difference of opinions... the beauty of being different.

I too am a 27 year old male, i can understand and feel for you though I rarely cry, most recent would be 2 months ago when a friend died of cancer but even then i just went into the locker room at work for ten minutes to compose myself. I used to cry at home on my own sometimes but that stopped probably 7 years ago. Since then I can only recall another two occasions. It seems, like another poster said, that at some point our tears just won't come anymore no matter how bad we feel inside.
If you need to cry, let it out, it's actually healthy as long as you are genuinely upset. Hope you are ok :)

SophiaGrace said:
(((((((QuietGuy))))))))
Jesse said:
Let it all out dude. Cry as often as you need to!
Rammy said:
Hope you are ok :)

Thanks guys
smallsmile.gif
Yeah, I'm OK now.

freedom said:
sometimes i think i've run out of tears. sometimes i think i don't feel anymore enough to want to cry. [...] bad things still happen to me. horrible things. i don't even feel them anymore. i've become unresponsive to them.
kwilczynski said:
I don't really cry... I don't know why... It would seem that I've lost this ability due to all the bitterness in my life... I simply don't care any more ...
strugl said:
i am not saying I repress my need to cry i just cant cry anymore.
Rammy said:
It seems, like another poster said, that at some point our tears just won't come anymore no matter how bad we feel inside.

These posts worry me
smilieundecided.gif

SophiaGrace said:
Crying. It's a part of the human emotional spectrum. It's used to release stress.
Seven Days said:
Personally, if I didn't cry my pain away I'd probably become clinically insane.

Exactly. Crying seems to be such a natural thing to do when one is hurting inside. It brings such a feeling of relief and peace, even if only temporarily. Sometimes I need to use something to help me start crying (like the Cast Away music) when I know I need to cry.

But not to be able to cry at all, even when you're in severe emotional pain? That doesn't seem right somehow. You have to have some way to release your emotions, otherwise who knows what sort of mental damage will be caused by keeping all that pain bottled up?

freedom, kwilczynski, strugl, Rammy - is there anything you could do that might help you cry when you need to? Like listening to very moving music? Crying sometimes seems to me to be like a heavy boulder at the top of a mountain - it can be difficult to start it rolling, but once it's actually moving, there's no stopping it until it reaches the bottom of the mountain.

QuietGuy said:
It's 2:45am and I'm lying in bed, crying. I've been crying uncontrollably for the last 10 minutes.

It seems that every few days, my loneliness builds up to an unbearable level, and I need to cry to release the pain. But tonight for some reason the tears wouldn't come, which is very frustrating. Fortunately, this always does the trick:

[youtube]amH5UUFtlc4[/youtube]

Playing that on endless repeat always gets the tears flowing, and it's such a wonderful feeling to release so much emotion. I can now go to sleep peacefully, and tomorrow morning will see a new sunrise bringing new hope to carry me through the next few days.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a 27 year old guy and I cry about once every two weeks (maybe a bit less often if things seem more hopeful for a while).

How often do you cry?

Hi QuietGuy

Same here, although I think I probably cry more often than once a fortnight, wouldn't like to think just how often though, in case it makes me cry again lol

I'm a 28 year old guy and I'm not ashamed to admit it either (on here behind the comfort and security of my avatar of course, in the real world it's a lot harder to own up to this kind of behaviour, well so I've found anyway). Good on you for being so upfront about it. I guess we all have different ways of releasing pain etc this seems to work temporarily, although I would like to tackle the underlying issues which are causing the tears, and hopefully one day long into the future, I will.

But until then, get those handkerchiefs at the ready and sob as much as you need to feel better, after all some people inflict pain onto others to feel good about themselves, at least we direct it ours inwards, at our own cost.

CDA

Great first post CDA, welcome to ALonelyLife!

chrisduncali said:
I'm a 28 year old guy and I'm not ashamed to admit it either (on here behind the comfort and security of my avatar of course, in the real world it's a lot harder to own up to this kind of behaviour, well so I've found anyway). Good on you for being so upfront about it.

Good for you too. Yes, it's a million times easier to be upfront about it when you're anonymous on the web. I have only one "offline" friend who I'm comfortable telling that I've been crying. Guys that cry are not understood by society. As SophiaGrace said:

SophiaGrace said:
It's a shame that society doesn't know how to deal with people that cry. :/

If you're looking for music to help you cry, remember it doesn't have to be sad music.

[youtube]gMq44NLoVPc[/youtube]

Listen to this on headphones, turn the volume all the way up, and close your eyes. Feel its power, beauty, glory and majesty flow through your soul. I can't imagine that anyone could not be moved by it. It's so achingly beautiful. I have a friend who never ever cries, except when he listens to choral music like this.

To anyone who's reading this, if you're in pain and really need to cry, please listen to this music and see what happens.

freedom, kwilczynski, strugl, Rammy - is there anything you could do that might help you cry when you need to? Like listening to very moving music? Crying sometimes seems to me to be like a heavy boulder at the top of a mountain - it can be difficult to start it rolling, but once it's actually moving, there's no stopping it until it reaches the bottom of the mountain.

I will drop you a PM if you don't mind... since what you've said made me think... about certain aspects of my dire life :)

Meanwhile...

Let me know what you think...

Cheerio,
KW

The past few weeks I've been feeling incredibly lonely. I have felt like I'll cry at any moment. I really hate that. But if someone notices and asks if everything is okay, I'm gone. Good thing I can hide my feelings really well and no one has noticed. I've been able to keep my tears in until I'm laying in my bed at night trying to sleep.

There are lots of songs I cry too, but this one seriously speaks to me.

[youtube]

QuietGuy said:
It's 2:45am and I'm lying in bed, crying. I've been crying uncontrollably for the last 10 minutes.

It seems that every few days, my loneliness builds up to an unbearable level, and I need to cry to release the pain. But tonight for some reason the tears wouldn't come, which is very frustrating. Fortunately, this always does the trick:

[youtube]amH5UUFtlc4[/youtube]

Playing that on endless repeat always gets the tears flowing, and it's such a wonderful feeling to release so much emotion. I can now go to sleep peacefully, and tomorrow morning will see a new sunrise bringing new hope to carry me through the next few days.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a 27 year old guy and I cry about once every two weeks (maybe a bit less often if things seem more hopeful for a while).

How often do you cry?

you've just described me perfectly. pretty much every few days I cry at night mostly...

I know this doesn't make sense but crying has become something like a hobby for me. Of course when your heart is overflowing with intense dark emotions it's always a good idea to release them by sobbing crazily. I'm almost always in a melancholic mood so it's natural for me to cry often.

But the problem is when I go to bed happily after a great day(for example a day during which some girl in my class calles me with my name:rolleyes::D) I feel something is missing and some strange uneasiness gets a hold of me and doesn't let me fall asleep even though feeling happiness is something really rare for me and something that I truly crave for. Then I realize that all I need is to feel sad and cry for a few minutes. But as I'm feeling happy at that moment, I can't get myself to cry so I umm... struggle to cry and force myself to do so by thinking of sad things and listening to sad songs. And if I can manage to get myself to shed some tears of sadness I feel a great relievement and I go to sleep happily.

I don't know the reason behind this all and if it makes sense to you but it seems like I'm addicted to melancholy and crying. I know, I'm really a weird kid.

Latest posts

Back