damaged my face after a fight...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Reaction score
Like 3-4 years ago...some guy I half knew lost his temper and started headbutting me in a bar, I decided to headbutt back....which became a kind of 'headbutt fight'. I think this might have caused my forehead to thicken up a lot, as it used to be kinda thinner. Now it seems out of sync and too thick for the rest of my face. I have to actively avoid touching it in the shower. It stresses me out coz i feel like I used to get more comments about being good looking etc...then I do now after the incident. Its just one more thing that causes me to get down...I've looked into cosmetic surgery but I don't theres really a proper operation for a forehead...and the costs and possible complications make it pretty unlikely. Yet i still fantasize about it all the time, and sometimes get angry when I see someone with a flat, attractive forehead! Like I used to have. It just sucks that when I actually chose to stand up for myself thats what I get in return. Looks were/are kinda all I felt I had, and now i've lost that too. Its hard to be happy/motivated when I can't be the best person I can be...when I look worse than I should look, in terms of what I was born with.

Don't be so hard on yourself! There's always someone out there that will be attracted to you. ALWAYS! Plus, its only your forhead, I mean, not to put down your problem, but, I've got one pec that's a good 2 inches bigger than the other, and my legs and extremely disporportianate to the rest of me :p Physical appearance isn't everything. Just imagine what the other dude must look like ;)

I don't have a flat forehead either or at least I don't think so. But sometimes bigger forehead looks better. Trust me. You will never know.

Your story reminds me of a scene in Mall Cop: "Nobody wins in a head-butt." -Kevin James

But seriously, I had really bad acne when i was younger. it left scars all over my face. very, very depressing. and i still break out frequently. its probably one of the hardest things ive had to cope with.

In my case, ive come to accept that im not as attractive as i could be. ok. that's the reality of it. so i can either accept that im not as attractive, realize its not the end of the world, and focus more on what i do like, or i can accept it and get depressed, self-conscious, and add more negativity to it. after awhile you realize its kinda dumb to add more negativity when its the negativity you are trying to avoid in the first place. it is what it is. but believe me, it took me decades to get over my acne problems. but i really dont care anymore.

Thanks for your replies guys...I truly find this one of the hardest things to deal with! I fantasize about surgery everyday. I emphasize with you and your acne problems 'Heretostay'. I find it difficult to deal with the fact that my actions have caused me to be less attractive for the rest of my life! I know it sounds lame, and looks arn't everything, but everyone wants to be the most attractive, exciting people that they can be...I feel like I can no-longer do this. People say to me some people have it much worse, like get their whole face messed up in car accidents etc. But I always think, yea like 1 in 5,000. Obviously I still feel good if ever I get a compliment regarding my appearance, but there always a nagging regret that I could/should look better than I do.

Latest posts

Back