Deal breaker questions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jales said:
If you just met your soul-mate and spent 3 months getting to know them and everything about them is great. But they are in trial for murder. They say that they did not do it and you believe them.

Anyway they get sent into prison for 10 years, would you move on, or wait for the person?

Honestly, I would move on. It was only 3 months of getting to know them, so I don't really think they could be my soul-mate. Besides, I wouldn't date someone with a prison record.

What would you do if you found out your significant other was a stripper?

jales said:
If you just met your soul-mate and spent 3 months getting to know them and everything about them is great. But they are in trial for murder. They say that they did not do it and you believe them.

Anyway they get sent into prison for 10 years, would you move on, or wait for the person?

i'd wait.
of course... to be my soulmate... it would mean that i would *agree* with them killing the victim in the first place. as in - i would have done that too, in their place.

otherwise.. they can't be my soulmate = therefore the question is mute.

Sure. why not...I like living on the edge. :p
Makes u appriciate life more. Live it to the fullest enjoying every breath u breathe.
Pull her hair and spank her cuz shes been a bad...bad ..bad girl.lol

I think I would tell them that I am not into that stuff and that for us to have what I think is a healthy relationship the only person seeing their body should be me. So yea, they would have to agree to stop or the relationship would not last very long.

What if your date was infertile? (not that it is a bad thing..just curious if you knew this from day one, they told you that they had their tubes tied or so,) would you stop dating them?

Sterling said:
jales said:

Honestly, I would move on. It was only 3 months of getting to know them, so I don't really think they could be my soul-mate. Besides, I wouldn't date someone with a prison record.

What would you do if you found out your significant other was a stripper?

jales said:
What if your date was infertile? (not that it is a bad thing..just curious if you knew this from day one, they told you that they had their tubes tied or so,) would you stop dating them?

If anything, I'd bang away until the sun blew out because I wouldn't have to worry about kiddos. lol no, infertility would not stop me from dating (or lovin') someone. Sometimes I wish I were infertile for that very reason. :p

Hmmmm....Would you date someone who had ONE weird hobby or obsession... say, something like collecting dead skin from their own feet or maybe collecting used Q-tips... haha something really kinda weird like that. Would that be a deal-breaker? :p

What? If she doesn't have an STD, you can have all the unprotected sex you want. :cool:

Ok seriously though...looking long term, if it ever came to marriage, maybe not (I do want kids at some point :p).

Would you date a girl with an amazing body over one who can cook? (assuming hotter girl can't cook at all and other is average-looking at best)

Badjedidude said:
Hmmmm....Would you date someone who had ONE weird hobby or obsession... say, something like collecting dead skin from their own feet or maybe collecting used Q-tips... haha something really kinda weird like that. Would that be a deal-breaker? :p

Nnnnnnnnnnnyeaaaah...

Kataphractos said:
Would you date a girl with an amazing body over one who can cook? (assuming hotter girl can't cook at all and other is average-looking at best)

Because I can cook, yeah. I'd take the more amazing body. That's assuming they are equal when it comes to all other important characteristics. I have a few good ones memorized and following some good cook books isn't a problem for me.

To women:
Would a guy apologizing often for things that you do not believe warrant an apology turn you off in some way? Elaborate if you feel like it.

Kataphractos said:

Hah... cooking isn't THAT important a skill to be a deal-breaker for me, though I would appreciate a woman who wanted to cook stuff for me. But YEAH I would date the hottie. Why not? :p

I think in the beginning it would make me laugh, I would find it funny ..but I would always be telling him to stop apologizing so much. I would not stop dating a guy just because he apologizes a lot.

Also I do the same, 'Sorry' is sort of an instinctive word for me to say, if I'm not sure what to say in a situation I always say sorry. Or if something unexpected happens.. I say sorry.

People I know say 'A truck could run me over and leave me to die at the side of the road and I would say 'Sorry''. But yea I dont do it to people that I am familiar with. Only in new situations.

So if a guy did this, I would expect that with time, and with us getting closer, and me telling him he does not need to apologize so often for random things..I think he will stop.. after a while I think he will say it less and less.

Also the answers are surprising because I thought the whole point of dating was to end in marriage.

Would you date someone who said to you; (and this question comes from a true story of a couple i know). So yea it's for guys.

Guys.
Would you date a girl who says she will not have sex before marriage. She is virgin and you really love everything about her. But she says no sex before marriage. The catch is, she is a med-student and says she wont get marriage till she is out of school. She will graduate in seven years. Would this be a deal breaker?

jjam said:
To women:
Would a guy apologizing often for things that you do not believe warrant an apology turn you off in some way? Elaborate if you feel like it.

A man apologizing unnecessarily for things, wouldn't turn me off, but I would tell him it wasn't necessary to do it. I read somewhere (and experienced it and apologize constantly for no reason) that someone who was abused as a child or in an abusive relationship tend to apologize much more than an average person due to that experience.

I would just try to be patient and accept him as he is. It may be a compulsive disorder too. Who knows? But I wouldn't break up with him.

jales said:
Guys.
Would you date a girl who says she will not have sex before marriage. She is virgin and you really love everything about her. But she says no sex before marriage. The catch is, she is a med-student and says she wont get marriage till she is out of school. She will graduate in seven years. Would this be a deal breaker?

We'd have a deal. Sex really isn't **** compared to the feeling of true love.
Besides, there would still be cuddling, touching and kissing, right? :D

Tomorrow's not promised, and I'm not necessarily talking about being alive when I say this. A lot could happen in years less than 7 years. I know there exists gamers who'd wait years for price drops on hardware before purchasing. Even though I've been gaming all of my life, I don't assume I'd be just as able or even interested years later. I'm getting that 3DS the day it comes out!

He/she lies about small things often. Deal breaker?

jales said:
Guys.

Yeah that would be a deal-breaker. Call me an asshat for it, but I like sex and that's an integral part of why I would like or love any woman. I'd rather settle for a momentary fling for a while than have to wait years for sex. Even if it is "true love," something which I'm not quite sure I believe in at all. Definite deal-breaker.

jjam said:

Yes. We all tell little white lies from time to time but chronic lying is a character deficit and I wouldn't date that.

Your mate isn't interested in oral sex - deal breaker or no?

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
jjam said:

Yes. We all tell little white lies from time to time but chronic lying is a character deficit and I wouldn't date that.

Teresa

Well I don't have a question to contribute,
but I'd have to say no oral sex = deal breaker.
Being intimate and exploring is half the fun. ;)

Although, i'm sure I could change their minds ;).

No not really, it doesn't really matter to me, but prefer willing victims.

Will you date a person that is a part time exotic dancer ?

^^^Hmmm.... I dunno. Depends on what I'm looking for. If I wanted a sex kitten just for kicks, then yes. If I were searching for a committed, long-term thing, then probably not. *shrug*

Would you date someone who's face is covered in tattoos or piercings?

Badjedidude said:
^^^Hmmm.... I dunno. Depends on what I'm looking for. If I wanted a sex kitten just for kicks, then yes. If I were searching for a committed, long-term thing, then probably not. *shrug*

I like piercings, so YES :).
(. . . again, not contributing a question to this thread :p, )

Badjedidude said:

No. A face covered in tats and piercings is not appealing to me, as well as the fact that this person is going to have a hard time finding a job.

Would you date a "in the closet" cross-dresser?

^^^Well, seeing as how women dressing in men's clothing is generally acceptable in society, yes. It wouldn't bother me too much. In fact, it would be a bit of a turn on to see her wearing my pajama pants or shirts or something. lol

Would you date someone who sells drugs (either as a hobby or for a living)?

Latest posts

Back