Deal Breakers

• Thread starter AmytheTemperamental
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aisha said:
Metamorphosing into a cockroach or already being one.

But what if that's your superpower?

Turning into a bug? That's a highly dubious 'super'power. You could climb walls and maybe fly. I have nothing against people turning into cockroaches in their own time and space, they just better not do it in my vicinity unless they're looking for me to (get someone else to) spray them with bug spray or swat them. I don't have enmity towards all bugs, it's mainly just roaches. And even that's not personal. I just think they're better when they're not so... alive.

Aisha said:
Aisha said:
Metamorphosing into a cockroach or already being one.

But what if that's your superpower?

Turning into a bug? That's a highly dubious 'super'power. You could climb walls and maybe fly. I have nothing against people turning into cockroaches in their own time and space, they just better not do it in my vicinity unless they're looking for me to (get someone else to) spray them with bug spray or swat them. I don't have enmity towards all bugs, it's mainly just roaches. And even that's not personal. I just think they're better when they're not so... alive.

*nods furiously*

I am phobic of roaches and I just dreamt about them in my sleep. Grrr :\

• Smoking
  • HISTORY of smoking
  • Drugs use
  • HISTORY of drug use
  • Must be able to hold an intellegent conversation.
  • Prefer to live an active lifestyle (hiking, working out, etc)
  • Must be driven to better themselves (personal life, career, etc)

Bob Arctor said:
TheRealCallie said:
Bob Arctor said:
TheRealCallie said:
Bob Arctor said:
Doesn't shave legs.

So a lady can have hairy armpits and a mustache and that will be okay with you? :D

Well Jen let's go out on some dates and I'll see. :D

Did you just ask me out? (ono)
Sadly, I'm sorry, but I don't have a mustache and never did. Also, I shave my armpits. :p

Fine by me ;)

So, where are you taking me on this date? Or is it null and void since I don't have a mustache? :O

LonelyInAtl said:
[*]Smoking
[*]HISTORY of smoking
[*]HISTORY of drug use

Well, that leaves me out. lol

Sorry, Callie....I just know you were pining for my affection. LOL

It's just too easy for people to fall back into old habits, especially smoking. I've seen it before too many times. History of drug use may be negotiable if it was a long time ago and was only "soft" stuff. Absolutely no meth, crack, etc.

This is the problem I have with drugs and dealbreakers. People are usually very extreme with whatever they choose - either all drugs are bad, or all drugs are good and if you don't think so you're "lame". For me, it's neither. But my stance is a weird one that most people don't share.

It goes without saying that I am against hard drug use, such as any sort of cocaine, meth, heroin, things like that. I don't want to be anywhere near that stuff, I don't condone its use, and I think very lowly of the people who use them.

Then there's marijuana. I'm not offended by people who use marijuana, but I don't want to use it myself. I used to use it, but looking back I really shouldn't have because it brought me down. It wasted so much of my time, made me lethargic, and basically was just dead weight in my life. One day I realized I had to trim the fat because it wasn't helping, and I let it go. This was almost 3 years ago and I have not touched it since. I haven't been tempted by it either. I realized I didn't miss it when it was not available, so that's when I knew I didn't really care about it.

Finally there is the psychedelic family - magic mushrooms, LSD, peyote. This is the only drug group that I am okay with and actually interested in, and I don't think there is anything wrong or dirty about it (except of course, for drinking and caffeine).

But that's the thing. It puts me in no man's land. People are either against all drugs, or for all drugs. And even the people who are moderate like me, are still usually very much for weed. But I don't want to deal with a pothead. In my experience, people who can handle their weed and retain their intelligence on it are vastly in the minority - most of the marijuana users I've encountered have been the lazy, junk-food gobbling, unintelligent stoner stereotype. It's hard to find a person that has the same views as me on this subject.

TheSkaFish said:
Then there's marijuana.

In my state, you get busted with it in your car (even on another person) and you can be charged. I've worked too hard building my life and career to have it brought down in seconds by someone I'm seeing who happens to have a chargeable amount of pot on them. Not worth it.

LonelyInAtl said:
TheSkaFish said:
Then there's marijuana.

In my state, you get busted with it in your car (even on another person) and you can be charged. I've worked too hard building my life and career to have it brought down in seconds by someone I'm seeing who happens to have a chargeable amount of pot on them. Not worth it.

I feel the same way. It doesn't offend, bother, or tempt me if I am around people who use it. My decision to quit was pretty certain. However, I don't want to get in trouble for other people's marijuana use.

But it's less so about that than it is how marijuana dumbs people down, for the most part I've seen. The lethargy of people on marijuana seems worse than it does on alcohol. It just isn't the scene for me.

TheRealCallie said:
So, where are you taking me on this date? Or is it null and void since I don't have a mustache? :O

Um, I believe I said I was fine with NOT a mustache. Let's go somewhere where there's lots of cockroaches.

Bob Arctor said:
TheRealCallie said:

Um, I believe I said I was fine with NOT a mustache. Let's go somewhere where there's lots of cockroaches.

:D

images

Bob Arctor said:
TheRealCallie said:

lol!

TheSkaFish said:
But that's the thing. It puts me in no man's land. People are either against all drugs, or for all drugs. And even the people who are moderate like me, are still usually very much for weed.

Half of the people in Europe think the same way, come over here ;)

Peaches said:
TheSkaFish said:
But that's the thing. It puts me in no man's land. People are either against all drugs, or for all drugs. And even the people who are moderate like me, are still usually very much for weed.

Half of the people in Europe think the same way, come over here ;)

Oh no, I think I may have worded that in a confusing way. I meant it more like this. My opinion on substances is:

Caffeine: Tea and coffee yes, energy drinks no

Beer, Wine, Spirits: Yes

Cigarettes: No

Weed: Not for me, but other people using it around me doesn't bug me as long as I don't get in trouble on their account.

Cocaine/crack, meth, heroin: Hell No, Never, No Way

Magic Mushrooms/LSD/Peyote: Yes

Are there really lots of people in Europe who are only interested in tea and coffee, drinks, and psychedelics such as mushrooms, but not marijuana and certainly no hard stuff? It's really hard for me here to find people who pick and choose in that way. So far I have been the only person I've known who is neither against all drugs nor for all drugs, as well as abstaining from marijuana. Usually if someone is for legalization for anything, they are almost always marijuana users, which alienates me.

I may just have to pay you guys a visit! :)

TheSkaFish said:
Peaches said:
TheSkaFish said:
Caffeine: Tea and coffee yes, energy drinks no

Beer, Wine, Spirits: Yes

Cigarettes: No

Weed: Not for me, but other people using it around me doesn't bug me as long as I don't get in trouble on their account.

Cocaine/crack, meth, heroin: Hell No, Never, No Way

Magic Mushrooms/LSD/Peyote: Yes

I may just have to pay you guys a visit! :)

well, in several places, like major cities such as Berlin Amsterdam Barcelona, Copenhagen, I heard Poland? light drugs are not legal but kind of accepted, and if you have a joint once in a while it doesn't mean that you are a rastafarian weed-head, you can have it with your drink every other weekend and it's better for you than whiskey and redbull. The big difference I think came with the fact that in Amsterdam or Copenhagen, Helsinki? etc you can buy weed and mushrooms in shops, or in other big cities there are half-official dealers and you don't go to jail for small quantities, so you don't have to go roaming the underworld to get some.
This way, crack and junk are connected with the idea of "criminal junkie" and weed and mushrooms/lsd are not. For the civilised people, at least.
Ahah, I sound like an addict by reporting all this - had only my small share of joints in college, drugs don't agree with me very much, but I support the use of recreational stuff that is not more addictive than Mallomars.

You should pay a visit! ;) Check out Christiania in Copenhagen, Amsterdam is way too full of kids coming from all over the world to get stoned, it's a huge turnoff, even if going to a coffee shop (you know, that's how they call it there "those" shops) is more comfortable than a bench.

wow, this looks like I am promoting drugs, please don't ban me!
I promote Europe :D

Being unrealistic. Of course I expect you to split that last piece of pie with me. I would split it for you! :D

ladyforsaken said:
Other deal breakers - arrogance, manipulative, dislikes children.

This was what I wrote previously. Now let's say I would like to clear that up and start a new list now that I've changed in some areas of my life.

- Arrogant
- Manipulative
- Alcoholic
- Abusive
- Selfish
- Disrespectful towards people and animals
- High dependency on others and myself

That's it for now.

Peaches said:
it should go back to Dealbreakers -

dealbreaker: smoking like a chimney

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't mean to derail the thread. I forgot to relate what I was saying back the point I was making about substances and dealbreakers.

My dealbreakers as it relates to substances are hard drug use or any association with hard drugs, and excessive stonery.

Latest posts

Back