Deal Breakers

• Thread starter AmytheTemperamental
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a lot. Maybe that's a big reason I'm lonely...

- Lack of empathy
- Addictive tendencies (drugs, food, cellphones, partying)
- Ignorance by choice (answering almost everything with "I don't know")
- Lack of reflexive thought (and reasoning)
- Double standar and extreme hypocrisy
- Contrarian behavior just for the sake of it
- Resolving every dispute with confrontation
- Lack of passion
- Narcissism
- Chauvinism
- Strongly religious (I feel bad for this one)
- Manipulative
- Arrogance
- No sense of humor
- Blames everyone but herself

to be continued...

Solivagant said:
LonelyInAtl said:
I was just raised to equate tattoos with MEN. I think they are completely unfeminine.

Even if it's a butterfly or something?

I don't have any myself, I'm just curious.

Something like that in an inconspicuous place may be ok, depending on the lady and how much of a connection there is.

I would also add tramp stamps on a woman to my list of deal breakers.

LonelyInAtl said:
I have a Glock and can dispatch said clown in short order with extreme prejudice. :)
TheRealCallie said:
I have a crowbar and a bat, we can pretend it's a pinata. :p
You are both SO hired! I'll leave the key under the mat.

Bob Arctor said:
You two seemed to have to missed the point. The clown murders you WHILE you're sleeping.
It sounds like there may be sleep-murdering clown crew on the loose. I am almost afraid to ask but....where do they conceal their weapons?

Jafo said:

What's a tramp stamp? Is it a tattoo? I really dislike the word tramp. Just wondered what one was?

LonelyInAtl said:
Solivagant said:
LonelyInAtl said:
Oh yea, another one...

• Tattoos

Are you talking any tattoos, even if they're small or hidden, or do you mean lots of tattoos?

Case by case basis. A small one...MAYBE. Tramp Stamp...NO WAY. Definitely no tats on the hands, fingers, arms, boobs...

I was just raised to equate tattoos with MEN. I think they are completely unfeminine.

Gee, here in NZ, tattoos are rife. It's to the point where it's just ho hum to see them. Except for the Maori facial tattoos, they're pretty **** exceptional. Fierce. After being here, I really view tattoos quite differently than I used to.

She-ra said:
Jafo said:

What's a tramp stamp? Is it a tattoo? I really dislike the word tramp. Just wondered what one was?

A tattoo on the lower back. Usually of a butterfly.

Sometimes said:
LonelyInAtl said:
Solivagant said:
LonelyInAtl said:
Oh yea, another one...

• Tattoos

Are you talking any tattoos, even if they're small or hidden, or do you mean lots of tattoos?

Case by case basis. A small one...MAYBE. Tramp Stamp...NO WAY. Definitely no tats on the hands, fingers, arms, boobs...

Gee, here in NZ, tattoos are rife. It's to the point where it's just ho hum to see them. Except for the Maori facial tattoos, they're pretty **** exceptional. Fierce. After being here, I really view tattoos quite differently than I used to.

That's interesting, Sometimes.

I personally wouldn't judge anyone by the tattoos they have. Some people do it for art, some do it because it holds meaning to them, some just do it for fun. It doesn't say anything about their personality or character. Maybe they're judged more harshly by society but well, who cares? If I know the person for who they are, then I'm good. I'm not going to be like society. It's full of honeysuckle.

I do want to get a tattoo sometime in the near future. As surprising as it might sound to some people. But I won't overdo it, I'm more of a small and simple tattoo sort of person but I personally wouldn't have an issue being with someone with loads of tattoos either way.

TheSkaFish said:
LonelyInAtl said:
Oh yea, another one...

• Tattoos

It may come as a big surprise, but tattoos on women actually don't bother me.

That is VERY surprising, actually. lol

Jafo said:
She-ra said:
Jafo said:

A tattoo on the lower back. Usually of a butterfly.

LOL, I have never seen a butterfly tramp stamp on a person IRL. I have seen a lot of tramp stamps though.

The tattoos doesn't bother me, they are another expression of self.

Sometimes I would love to see the Maori tattoos they sound fascinating.

Ladyf pics please when you do it :D

She-ra said:
Ladyf pics please when you do it :D

I might just do that when I get the chance to get it done. Not anytime soon though. :D
I know we have a tattoo thread around here somewhere. :p

kamya said:
TheSkaFish said:
LonelyInAtl said:
Oh yea, another one...

• Tattoos

It may come as a big surprise, but tattoos on women actually don't bother me.

So progressive! :p

TheRealCallie said:
That is VERY surprising, actually. lol

Believe it or not, it's true. For one, to me it doesn't carry the same connotation on women as it does on men. If I meet a woman I find physically appealing and we can have good conversation and she just so happens to have tattoos, it doesn't matter to me. In fact, it's happened twice now that I've met a woman that I find physically beautiful and that I can carry an interesting conversation with, who also has tattoos. I don't specifically seek out tattooed women, it's not a fetish or anything. It's that for me, feeling that a woman is special takes much greater priority over disliking tattoos - which again, doesn't even matter because on a woman, they don't evoke the same feelings of hostility in me anyway. And it's already very rare that I meet women that I feel have what I want in a girlfriend, so if I add on top of the traits that I like that she must also not have tattoos, it's just going to make an already small pool that much smaller and there would hardly be anyone left.

Even the girls I've met that I've liked a lot have had a couple things that I've had to compromise on. I just feel that with them, I am compromising much less than I would with anyone else and the good things that they have in abundance more than make up for anything I disagree with. So for me, it's not a dealbreaker.

Tattoos are for slaves. Why so many people want to mark themselves as property is beyond me, but that is the world we live in.

there is no hope said:
Tattoos are for slaves. Why so many people want to mark themselves as property is beyond me, but that is the world we live in.

Somehow it got to be the popular thing to do. Why, I don't know. From what I heard some of those tattoos can cost a pretty penny. And it is painful to have removed too.

there is no hope said:

Um, people with tattoos don't do it to mark themselves as property, they do it as self expression. They do it because most tattoos have meaning besides just putting ink on their bodies. It has nothing to do with slaves. So much can be taken from your post...and not in a good way.

BeyondShy said:
there is no hope said:

Somehow it got to be the popular thing to do. Why, I don't know. From what I heard some of those tattoos can cost a pretty penny. And it is painful to have removed too.

GOOD tats cost a pretty penny. You can get cheap work done for cheaper, but you run the risk of shitty work and possibly diseases.
Good rule of thumb is to never put anything on your body that you wouldn't want to keep forever. Not just what you THINK you might want to keep right now, like a girl/boyfriend's name or whatever, but something everlasting and with meaning.

Latest posts

Back