Dear women.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to be all about the women. I was a mopey loser who desperately wanted a girlfriend. I desired nothing more than some female company. And then, I realised, I don't even know myself well enough to be able to commit to another wholly. I have realised that I am not ready for a woman, in my life. There are things I need to do, first, like secure a career, own my own car, live in my own apartment/flat/house. I want to be a well rounded, settled person before I begin searching for someone to walk the road with. I honestly believe that it is key. Yes, I still get the urge and the pangs of loneliness, but I am resolved to be happy alone before I can make someone happy with me. We are born alone and we die alone. We can be certain of nothing but ourselves. There can be no greater joy than the complete love of another, but what is it worth if you aren't comfortable with yourself.

Your time will come, but, for now, take care of you. It will happen when it is right. Don't force it. Just be you, and make something of yourself, and see what comes your way.

EveWasFramed said:
Midnight Sky said:
This man misses you.

I'm tired of not having any of you in my life in any way.

I have nothing further to say.

Not that this should make you feel any better, but us women feel the same way. :p

You women have a funny way of showing it.

Peaches said:
EveWasFramed said:
Midnight Sky said:
..And for the record, I've thought about PMing some here, but the thought runs to my mind "What am I going to say?"

Usually a "hello" works pretty good. :p

the trouble lies in the sentence to follow…
Not sure if that's directed towards me or not. I'm not really judgmental. But I have fears that prevent me from taking chances, yes.

Drew88 said:
EveWasFramed said:
Midnight Sky said:
This man misses you.

Not that this should make you feel any better, but us women feel the same way. :p

You women have a funny way of showing it.

Us women? Don't bother trying to paint me with that broad brush in your hand, thank you very much.
"Us women" can usually pick up on that kind of crap by the way. :)

EveWasFramed said:
Midnight Sky said:
This man misses you.

Yes we certainly do! I've never had a boyfriend and i'm 24!

Midnight Sky said:
This man misses you.

You'll find the right woman one day. Don't give up on yourself so suddenly. I know I have the same bad habit though, lol. Anytime things go wrong; I tend to get overly upset and talk negatively about everything.

hans-moleman-hed-2012.jpg

This man used to like the idea of you being around.

Now this man just wants to exist free from worry over what you think.

Midnight Sky said:
Man, don't come in my thread if you're gonna be useless.

Sorry. Although I would have said that to the other guys who posted images in here too. I was just trying to lighten the mood, but you're right... my fault for following a pointless trend.

Batman55 said:
Midnight Sky said:
Man, don't come in my thread if you're gonna be useless.

Sorry. Although I would have said that to the other guys who posted images in here too. I was just trying to lighten the mood, but you're right... my fault for following a pointless trend.

It's all good. I've just seen something like that at too many other boards and the posters in question weren't doing it as an act of good will.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
You'll find the right woman one day. Don't give up on yourself so suddenly. I know I have the same bad habit though, lol. Anytime things go wrong; I tend to get overly upset and talk negatively about everything.
I don't know. . . we'll see, I suppose.

For some it is harder for than others. You could find someone tomorrow or years from now. You just have to keep moving on with your life.

And those other pictures that were posted earlier, the title is Dear Women not Deer, :rolleyes:

Midnight Sky said:
Good men find women. And I'm not a good man. I may as well just accept that.

In my experience, this is rarely the case. Most of the good men were found and married by good women. Good women find men. But I'm not a good woman. I guess I'm trying to say I hear you. And like someone said earlier, a lot of women feel the same way. Or at least I do.

No wonder you gave up, you're expected to initiate, carry conversation, be funny, kind and generous -but not clingy, mind you- without any expectation of reciprocation, putting her emotional needs first with little thought to your own.

Latest posts

Back