Delegation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bread said:
Yup- sadly, the only real perceived skills I got tend to be ignored by my employers, most of the time. This time, I got some lucky break and got to make some ads, but the folks up top are still disinclined to let me have all the tools I need to work my best. At least I got the bare essentials, coupled with my wits and artsy streak, so I'm gonna be okay in that regard. :p

And, er, yes. But I won't disclose my location further, in case I incur the wrath of the folks at the top. Y'never know. Why'd you ask?

Yeah, I know how that goes. Sucks, really. Unfortunately, the folks up top will most likely want to remain in control of the creative process no matter how incompetent they are.

I've heard that Finland had some economic issues and joblessness - not sure if its true, but I was curious!

IgnoredOne said:
Yeah, I know how that goes. Sucks, really. Unfortunately, the folks up top will most likely want to remain in control of the creative process no matter how incompetent they are.

Sad, but true. I feel baffled at why people hire creative peons under them, and then stiffle that creativity with their 'just copy our competitors' policies.

IgnoredOne said:
I've heard that Finland had some economic issues and joblessness - not sure if its true, but I was curious!

Oh yeah. Things are very bad, people getting laid off left and right. As said, it was a rare windfall that I got the job when I did. Seems the business I'm in is a growing industry. Which is a bit peculiar, you'd think marketing and media corporations would feel the bite just as badly as it's customers. Hell, they should, with the prices they demand.

Bread said:
Sad, but true. I feel baffled at why people hire creative peons under them, and then stiffle that creativity with their 'just copy our competitors' policies.

God, I sympathize so much. I also am in marketing and the stories of retardation are genuinely epic - often exactly for the 'copy the competitor' policy. I'm sure you've heard of how one company, after seeing another rival epically fail, proceeded to copy and epically fail in the exact same fashion.

The monkey see, monkey do mentality is very common, as you'll find out, as mindbogglingly irrational as it is.

Latest posts

Back