Depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are not many people I feel I can talk to? I'm not doing the therapy thing again- all that involves is me paying someone to listen to me talk. Not helpful, and my pocket is lighter.

That was one of the reasons why I came here, to talk to people like me and figure out solutions. Having users who happen to be in my area would be a huge plus, but I have only found a few, and there was no real connection with any of them.

Sometimes there are no solutions. Sometimes you just have to deal with what is, even if you think you can't.

Are there any people on here that you'd feel comfortable talking to privately? Do you even want to talk?

I enjoy my therapist. He points out very subtle but important flaws in my (usually subconscious) logic. Don't have your experiences though.

There are a few I have talked to on here, one actually knows quite a bit of the story. However, I am very careful with who I communicate with and how much I share because some of those I opened up to actually went in the opposite direction and starting insulting and even harassing me. So if you message me and I am kinda vague, it's probably just because I have to get up enough confidence to trust you.

You feel that pot and alcohol is a solution. It is not. There's not a lot to talk about until you remove that from your life. Regardless of what you feel about their overall harmlessness or whether they can be used recreationally responsibly, you are not in any position to be a responsible user.

Fair enough. I understand having difficulty trusting people.

Personally I don't tend to initiate PMs - not something I'm good at. Feel free to PM me if you wish, however, although I'll understand if you don't want to. It's fine.

Good luck.

Um, I don't know where you got that from. I smoked pot once. ONE TIME, and that was many years ago, not even in my country. I do drink occasionally but not nearly as much as some people think. It's just that when I do drink, usually it is quite a bit and for a few days in a row. After that I may not drink for a month or more.

In response to the Original Post:

Hey I get depressed too. This morning I felt like not getting out of bed. The hardest part is taking action, I said "I am getting up and I am not going to stay in this **** bed!".

All we can do is try to cope with it and find a way to fix the things that are making us depressed.

I don't see you getting ignored. In fact, in other posts, your getting too much attention. :)

someguy23475 said:
Considering you are the only one replying showing care, that tells you right there.

I'm just old and lonely, and it doesn't help that when I try to open up to people they mistreat me.

so you expect the entire forum to reply to this thread to show they care?

depression sucks

unfortunately the world don't care about my depression. I am expected to earn the right to be happy, so dammit that is just what I gotta do

PUPPY MADNESS EVERYWHERE!!!!

bacchella-adriano-pomeranian-puppy-on-grass.jpg

Latest posts

Back