Did my boss allow a coworker to hurt me bc they're related

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IgnoredOne said:
sassy_gurl2009 said:
Well I shouldn't have done what I did. I'm just wondering how come management allowed Kyra to hurt me. That's all :)

Management does not care about anything except how you can contribute to the bottom line. Since you were clearly not promoting the overall marketability of the location, bollocks to you.

Management is not here to protect you, they are here to ensure consistent profit margins.

Well I heard they were also supposed to ensure that everyone gets along and that the work environment is safe for all. Otherwise, they're risking a HWE lawsuit (not that I intend to sue lol)

sassy_gurl2009 said:
Well I heard they were also supposed to ensure that everyone gets along and that the work environment is safe for all. Otherwise, they're risking a HWE lawsuit (not that I intend to sue lol)

After your repeated breaches of policy, any attempt to file a lawsuit is more than likely to get you countersuited for malicious use of process as a disgrunted employee seeking retribution. Furthermore, you will have a hard time demonstrating HWE due to competing testimony, and on top of that, if your state as a right to work law, yoru odds of a successful pursuit is even more limited.

HWE involves you being unable to perform your duties as specified by the employment contract due to your environment. Nothing you've said passes the 'reasonable person test' for a HWE for you, and indeed, your own actions would constitute as creating a HWE for your coworkers.

You're missing the lesson in this experience. Stop alternatively trying to please everyone and then being an asshat. You need a lot more maturity unless you're 14. I've known 16 year olds with more sensibility.

I'm not intending to sue. And even my employer said I was dependable and everyone knew I work hard. How did I not promote the marketability of the store?

sassy_gurl2009 said:
I'm not intending to sue. And even my employer said I was dependable and everyone knew I work hard. How did I not promote the marketability of the store?

"I was just wondering, another restaurant is the only one to have called my former employer and all she said is I worked there from April '09 to May '10 and that I'm rehirable bc I gave notice. Why didn't she also say I was a good employee and that I worked hard"

Also, you verbally attacked other employees and intentionally damaged the coffee. That and the various other antics you mentioned do not contribute to the harmony of the employees, which is important to the marketability of the store.

Coffee wasn't damaged, also my hand was lol. All I did was pour coffee in the soda cups, which melted. Jenny accidentally did that b4 and that made Kyra like her, so I thought I'd try the same thing lol.

sassy_gurl2009 said:
Coffee wasn't damaged, also my hand was lol. All I did was pour coffee in the soda cups, which melted. Jenny accidentally did that b4 and that made Kyra like her, so I thought I'd try the same thing lol.

You're arguing silly points. Do you understand what the essential lessons that you should take away from this experience?

Nepotism is not cool. In the future, if you feel there is any opportunity for it, report it before anything else. Finally, your coworkers are NOT your friends and the further in your career, the more you will find this to be true. The budget is limited - the fewer people in the department, the more each of you could potentially be paid. Long and short, every coworker is essentially a potential competitor.

Treat them with professional courtesy, but never think it should lead to friendship. If friendship does happen, then it can lead to entanglements as you saw. And most of all, remember to CYA - cover your ass. Somehow, somewhere, is out to get you, always. Don't give them any more rope to hang yourself.

I'm glad that you realized that. Good luck with your job search and I think that you have a good future in front of you if you maintain a good work ethic and a level head.

Oh wow...I'm sorry but you deserved what you got. The things you did, trying to pay people to like you, pleading of facebook to force others to make them like you, damaging peoples belongings, purposely doing things for attention? Wow, just wow.

Like others have said, you can't force people to like you and some people are just going to not like you for no reason at all. Just because one person did something doesn't mean it will work for you, that is just silly. If this other girl jumped off a cliff and it made the other person cry would you do it too? That might sound silly but it is clearly the logic you've been using.

I'm just completely blown away by your actions, and amazed you are admitting to what you did even though it makes you out to be a not so good person. I actually want to go beat my head against the wall after reading all of what you did.

sassy_gurl2009 said:
Yes. I accept that I behaved badly and that I deserve the consequence.

Yet you're still going on about how it wasn't your fault and how it was someone else's. It was YOUR fault. YOU did what you did and YOU caused what happened to happen. Stop blaming others for YOUR actions.

Callie said:
sassy_gurl2009 said:
Yes. I accept that I behaved badly and that I deserve the consequence.

Yet you're still going on about how it wasn't your fault and how it was someone else's. It was YOUR fault. YOU did what you did and YOU caused what happened to happen. Stop blaming others for YOUR actions.

I just had a few questions I wanna resolve :)

Latest posts

Back