Do girls really, deep down, want guys to approach them?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alma lost her spoon said:
Men don't approach me, they never have.

Either I'm completely 'fugly' or I give off some kind of Stay The fresia Away kinna vibe, or maybe I just smell bad lol

On occassion the numbers guy will be drunk enough to chance it without realising but that doesn't really count.

It's been like this my entire adult life(same as a teen too)-I am extremely comfortable with the situation as it means I can go out anywhere without getting hassled.

Previous relationships I've been in, generally I've done the initiating, I'm fine with that.

Alma, your last sentence...good for you! There is no better feeling in the world than being asked out by a woman. The few times it happened to me you couldn't knock the smile off my face :D

beautiful loser said:
Alma lost her spoon said:
Men don't approach me, they never have.

Either I'm completely 'fugly' or I give off some kind of Stay The fresia Away kinna vibe, or maybe I just smell bad lol

On occassion the numbers guy will be drunk enough to chance it without realising but that doesn't really count.

It's been like this my entire adult life(same as a teen too)-I am extremely comfortable with the situation as it means I can go out anywhere without getting hassled.

Previous relationships I've been in, generally I've done the initiating, I'm fine with that.

Alma, your last sentence...good for you! There is no better feeling in the world than being asked out by a woman. The few times it happened to me you couldn't knock the smile off my face :D

Good to know, haha.

Usually I hate being approached, even if it's someone I'm interested in, so I just take the initiative everytime.I also hate relying on other people to do what I can do. That doesn't mean I'm rude to those who try to get to know me: I just politely turn them down.

Unless they think my no is negotiable.

Because then I will be rude.

beautiful loser said:

I agree. That and when they show interest or act in a semi-forward manner (I've seen a little bit of this, but haven't been asked out per se) is just the greatest thing.

The world would be a better place if this could become a more common, less stigmatized occurrence.

I don't have problem approaching women but I must admit, it does feel great to be approached... Of course it would help if I can pick up on those little "hints"... I've been told in more than one occasion that I'm somewhat "thick" in that area, lol... It's very possible that I've been approached but too blind to see it & she must have felt that I'm not interested or something... That really sucks...!!!

I am afraid of approaching women especially in a social setting.
Reasons ? I am a naturally shy person. Fear of the woman saying fresia off or laughing at me or maybe ignoring me. Or maybe the conversation dying a death or maybe me making a fool out of myself by saying the wrong thing. Loads of reasons when you think of it.
[/quote]

Yeah I can understand that....probably the same reason why I would never approach a man. Although, I would never laugh at a man that approached me or tell him to fresia off, but I have once (only once after a bit of Dutch courage) approached a guy in a bar and he looked me up and down with such a look of disgust on his face that I was embarrassed and never did it again!

Latest posts

Back