Do ladies ever make the first move relationship-wise?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
Frito Bandito said:
There are three reasons why a female will make the first move. One: She senses that your genes are of such value that she can not pass up the opportunity for you to give her children. Two: She is only interested in sex, is emotionally shutdown, and looking to shag like animals. Three: She is insecure and immature and feels as though she will never get a chance, so she is desperate. I have never had a female make a move on me without it being for one of those three reasons.

Would it do me any good at all to say this statement may apply to females who have made the first move on YOU, but doesn't apply to ALL females? :club:

No, lol! It goes against the fundamental truth that is: Frito Bandito is all-knowing! :D

Nah, I'm just playing though. I've got plenty of generalizations about my own gender too. I'm Equal Opportunity!

Frito Bandito said:
There are three reasons why a female will make the first move. One: She senses that your genes are of such value that she can not pass up the opportunity for you to give her children. Two: She is only interested in sex, is emotionally shutdown, and looking to shag like animals. Three: She is insecure and immature and feels as though she will never get a chance, so she is desperate. I have never had a female make a move on me without it being for one of those three reasons.

I have never seen such a post full of such needless generalizations.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Frito Bandito said:

I have never seen such a post full of such needless generalizations.

Lol, brace yourself! I'm full of them! It's just the way my brain works!

Trying to generalize about relationships is like generalizing about the color of hair. Every single person with brown hair and brown eyes doesn't act the same.

Frito Bandito said:
EveWasFramed said:
Frito Bandito said:

Would it do me any good at all to say this statement may apply to females who have made the first move on YOU, but doesn't apply to ALL females? :club:

No, lol! It goes against the fundamental truth that is: Frito Bandito is all-knowing! :D

Nah, I'm just playing though. I've got plenty of generalizations about my own gender too. I'm Equal Opportunity!

While I eagerly await your bits of wisdom, we don't tolerate sweeping generalizations overly much around here - about either sex. So, be careful how you phrase things - I'd hate to have to get stern with you. :p

Frito Bandito said:

Ahemmm...and this is why I will never make the first move :D

EveWasFramed said:
Frito Bandito said:
EveWasFramed said:
Frito Bandito said:

While I eagerly await your bits of wisdom, we don't tolerate sweeping generalizations overly much around here - about either sex. So, be careful how you phrase things - I'd hate to have to get stern with you. :p

I'll be good. I don't want you to have to get Stern with me.

s-HOWARD-STERN-large.jpg

Frito Bandito said:

Who says that's a bad thing? LOL

(Well, for us males :p)

Frito Bandito said:

Women, usually strangers I had barely spoken a word to, would often ask me out (back when I had short hair and dressed *yawn* nicely, collar shirts and all) from out of the blue, and I would wonder if it was because I was that much of a stud (I can dream, can't I?) or for the reasons you mentioned above. Your comment, Frito, just crushed my ego. :(

I've only made the first move once and failed miserably. After that, it was always women who did it. Unfortunately, because I've always relied on women to make the first move, I've never gotten over my "approach anxiety," so I'm feeling disadvantaged now that I'm older and the first-move ladies have become more rare. Women, please, continue making the first move. It is hot and saves us a lot of stress.

I have to agree with Frito on his point because mainly number 2 is why a chick hits on me. I am not saying those are the only reasons any girl would hit on you but it is pretty common, mainly number 2. I wish sweet and nerdy girls would hit on me instead of intimidating man hungry ones.

flaneur said:
Women, usually strangers I had barely spoken a word to, would often ask me out (back when I had short hair and dressed *yawn* nicely, collar shirts and all) from out of the blue, and I would wonder if it was because I was that much of a stud (I can dream, can't I?) or for the reasons you mentioned above. Your comment, Frito, just crushed my ego. :(

Well, he may have a point with his "three reasons" even if they are a massive over-generalization. Its easy to see where he's coming from. I've never seriously been approached by women in recent times. Though on odd occasion someone might try in vain to start a conversation with me, only for me to start talking and them to have no idea how to talk to me. Since I am so far outside their experience that its like talking to someone from a different era of time entirely. I often feel like communicating with girls is often like talking to people from a hundred years ago (or from a hundred years in the future, doesn't matter when) who just have massively different spheres of reality to your own and can only vaguely understand from context clues what you're trying to say.

It actually crosses my mind sometimes that sex and love seems like this weird thing that only ever happens in movies or in dreams (even though I know I've experienced both, though not very well or anywhere near as extensively and passionately as I would like).

TheMaul said:
It actually crosses my mind sometimes that sex and love seems like this weird thing that only ever happens in movies or in dreams (even though I know I've experienced both, though not very well or anywhere near as extensively and passionately as I would like).

Haha I know what you mean by that. No experience here though unlike you so things are only kept to imagination. It would be lovely to finally meet someone, it probably would seem like a fairytale or dream because of having the mindset that finding someone is impossible.

I think one of my problem's and maybe a few others on this forum have the same problem, is that meaningless sex and relationships seem pointless so I dont do it. It is all about finding that person you truly love for me... I am still a virgin at 25.
Maybe I do have that kind of mindset that you said. Expecting some kind of dream relationship. If you are a romantic person though who has not had any relationships then I think there is more tendency to think of relationships in this way.

Finding that special person must be a very special feeling indeed though and I would not be surprised if for a while thing's would feel like a fairytale.

I've done it but it's a terrible idea because men think you're desperate and that you like them a lot more than you really do. I don't know about men but when I've made a move, I've done it like a rational human being, I think there's something interesting or attractive or nice about the guy and I want to get to know him -- I don't KNOW I like him till that happens. At this stage it's really no different than talking to another girl. But guys are so insecure that when a woman actually likes them to whatever degree it blows their ego way out of proportion to the actual situation and then they take advantage. This is the male m.o. and it sucks. The lack of human qualities in men is astounding. They belong in cages.

Howard Stern himself has said that the only reason he made it is because radio is so devoid of talent.

Anten said:
I have to agree with Frito on his point because mainly number 2 is why a chick hits on me. I am not saying those are the only reasons any girl would hit on you but it is pretty common, mainly number 2. I wish sweet and nerdy girls would hit on me instead of intimidating man hungry ones.

Quite a few of mine were nerdy, but I guess that falls under 3. Honestly, I'd rather the insecure ones than none at all, as I've always had a thing for screwed up women. :p

What I find such a pity is when guys get turned off by the mere act of a woman making the first move. It really shows how deeply entrenched gender roles have become.

oopsiedoop said:
I've done it but it's a terrible idea because men think you're desperate and that you like them a lot more than you really do. I don't know about men but when I've made a move, I've done it like a rational human being, I think there's something interesting or attractive or nice about the guy and I want to get to know him -- I don't KNOW I like him till that happens. At this stage it's really no different than talking to another girl. But guys are so insecure that when a woman actually likes them to whatever degree it blows their ego way out of proportion to the actual situation and then they take advantage. This is the male m.o. and it sucks. The lack of human qualities in men is astounding. They belong in cages.

Howard Stern himself has said that the only reason he made it is because radio is so devoid of talent.

All men are not this way, I don't see anything wrong with making the first move. Most guys actually like it. Some may like you, but are to shy to say so, so it is a relief when you do it for them. I think you just haven't come across the right male or something, I just don't see how you can think men lack human qualities, because what I see in men is all good to me.

oopsiedoop said:

STOP generalizing and stereotyping guys. You've been told to stop this type of behaviour before.

I'm a guy, I don't find a woman desperate at all if she made the first move. When a woman has made the first move it has never over blown my ego, ever. So your stereotyping of the male m.o is misguided. You're not a guy, you can not possibly speak for us at all.

oopsiedoop said:

Or perhaps it's you who belongs in a cage.

You're not proving a point with your anti-men comments. You're just making yourself look like a sour *****.

I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with men, but if you honestly believe that all men on earth are such terrible people despite having read some of the compassionate caring posts on this site by some of them, then there's clearly something wrong with you.

Latest posts

Back