Do woman mind dating shorter men?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VanillaCreme said:
... it's not height, but attitude that either holds you back or pushes you forward in life.

We had a guy from a different state sent into my work place on a temporary assignment. He was a nice friendly outgoing guy who happened to be short. Somewhere around 5'5".

After he had been here for a couple weeks a co-worker realizing that the visitor was far away from home asked him over for dinner. The visitor accepted but told him that it would be about a week and a half before it could make it. It seems that the young ladies at work must have been lining up to have him over because they had him booked solid for the next week and a half with invitations.

Yes being short does not help, but by no stretch of the imagination does it make it hopeless. There are short people that do quite well.

VanillaCreme said:
firebird85 said:
Being taller means nothing. Women liking taller men is a myth. I am 21 and I am completely invisible to women. Always have been. It means nothing, never will either. I would trade being tall for wealth if I could. I would trade being tall for a better life. Or another shot at life, to start from scratch.

Well, I think this proves this whole thread. Firebird is apparently a taller dude, yet if you were to read all his previous opinions and thoughts he's expressed on this forum, you'd see that it's not height, but attitude that either holds you back or pushes you forward in life.

I lol'ed

Attitude would be your beliefs and feelings.
On a personal level or self image.
Its how i perceive and feel about myself.

It still comes back to.
Beliefs= cause
Action= effects

Not denying that everyone have their
Own perfernce.

Ive only been involved with cettain type
Of women.
If i reject other women its nothing personal.
Therefore if certain women reject me for their
Personal petfernce...i dont take it personal
Or enternaluze it to think theres anything
Wrong with me..

theshortguy said:
I am not gonna marry a woman shorter than 5'8 cause I don't want my son to go through the hell I am going through..if I dont get 5'7 girl, I won't marry at all..
Double standard much??
I am 5'11" and I once dated a guy who, at age 25 and well beyond his last growth spurt, was a mere 5'2". We broke up for completely non-height-related issues. You however, you have a TERRIBLE attitude. Work on that -- it's the main problem, and the only thing you can actually change anyways.

annik said:
theshortguy said:
even small chested girls can get guys

I was gonna reply until I saw this. I've had it with comments like this. This attitude is probably more of an off putting thing than your **** height.
Yupp.

Ak5 said:
VanillaCreme said:
firebird85 said:
Being taller means nothing. Women liking taller men is a myth. I am 21 and I am completely invisible to women. Always have been. It means nothing, never will either. I would trade being tall for wealth if I could. I would trade being tall for a better life. Or another shot at life, to start from scratch.

Well, I think this proves this whole thread. Firebird is apparently a taller dude, yet if you were to read all his previous opinions and thoughts he's expressed on this forum, you'd see that it's not height, but attitude that either holds you back or pushes you forward in life.

I lol'ed
Me too xD

Okay. I will admit it. I dislike the idea of dating a shorter guy. To be fair, I'm only 5'3". I feel absolutely no guilt about being more attracted to guys who are at least 5'4"... however, if I met an absolutely ideal guy who was 5', his height wouldn't be an issue for me.

I think you guys scared away the original poster. I will also admit I never fully read his post.

^ Some people just post one thread and maybe responds to it a few times before leaving and never coming back.

Wasn't the OP just here to advertise the "vertical advantage system"? That was my impression when I read that first post.

annik said:
theshortguy said:
even small chested girls can get guys

I was gonna reply until I saw this. I've had it with comments like this. This attitude is probably more of an off putting thing than your **** height.

I second this.

I have a friend who is 5'4 and is a mac. he doesn't give a flying honeysuckle about his height either. you can tell just being around him, he has that air of authentic confidence. that's what I need!

Well, in the Western world, shorter guys are undeniably targeted as laughingstock in films and the media. This is further explained by the widespread notion that short guys are therefore weak due to their size, regardless of physique or mentality. The taller man is extensively portrayed as being superior, and by choosing a tall man, a woman is making the proper choice that will be acceptable to the public eye.

From reading another thread about short men being at a disadvantage, I notice that women feel "safer" with a taller guy because it would provide them with a sort of psychological comfort in believing they are well-protected from harm. Whether this be for a fact or not, is debatable. I personally believe that a man's ability to protect and defend his lady should be determined solely by his will, devotion, and a wise course of action, rather than his height.

These, I suppose, are among the contributing reasons why women may overlook and reject a short man. Only but a couple of sad truths about modern society and its rules, if you will.

kamya said:
*bumping*
I read something that reminded me of this thread and figured anyone searching for this topic would want to see it. I found it interesting as someone who isn't short. I'm not too surprised though.

As a tall male w a short male friend i just had my world shattered by what short guys have to put up with.

Just read through that, i remember always seeing a couple of friends of mine that were shorter than average going through that at school and in later life, but i also used to see the same thing with a girl i knew that was really tall at a young age, Crappy people will find any reason to not like someone if they are slightly different from the norm.

But really that is a good sign to stay away from them and find someone that cares about you for your own quality's, i would be more interested to know if they were a good person rather than something which is down to genetics as you have to put effort in a being a good person and doing the right thing but not on how tall your are or some other random feature of your body.
Although i do think society has become very frivolous in general and care more about what other people think about there partner rather than if they are a good match which causes a lot of those problems.

Latest posts

Back