Do You Feel Like A Waste Of Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Callie said:
Missing said:
Yeah,because I have wasted my own potential.Because I've made many choices that have got me here...I probably deserve my state of permanently troubled mind.

This pretty much applies to me as well...

Sorry you feel that way too...it sucks.

Missing said:
Callie said:
Missing said:
Yeah,because I have wasted my own potential.Because I've made many choices that have got me here...I probably deserve my state of permanently troubled mind.

You don't deserve that state of mind any more than a girl drinking too much deserves to be raped.

SophiaGrace said:
Missing said:
Callie said:
Missing said:

You don't deserve that state of mind any more than a girl drinking too much deserves to be raped.

Maybe I don't, but I carry alot of guilt around,things I wish I could go back in time and undo,which makes me feel like I atleast deserve some of the crap I'm getting. Actually,even though I harmed nobody but myself,it's something I'm super sensitive about I can't openly speak about it yet but hopefully I will eventually be comfortable saying that I did wrong,I regret it but it doesn't make me a bad person.But I haven't reached that state of acceptance yet. I'm still in self loathe right now... Sometimes I just wish I could escape my own body,that despicable creature that I am...So yeah..I'm constantly troubled. Peace of mind is the thing I want most for myself.Funny thing is,I know that I have a kind heart and a whole lot of compassion.I hate seeing people get hurt.I wish I could make everyone happy...I hate being judged as a bad person.

i feel like a waste in a sense that there is so much more that i want to be doing instead of working a cushy 9-5 desk job with no benefits and lots of pressure JUST so i can eat and have a place to sleep at night.

the good thing is that i'm actually working to break out of the vicious cycle of corporate american life to become FREEEE!!! (hence my name 'freedom')

can't.... wait.... i'm.... dying... of.... excessive.... work.....

Kinda, yeah. I feel like I've been given a free ticket to a show I don't care about, but I'm not allowed to let someone else have it. It annoys me. There are people right now who could make great use of my organs, people who have hopes and dreams, people who's lives might just be hugely improved by the opportunity. Instead, the useful materials in my body just have to rot away until I happen to die in some other fashion, and there are very few situations in which an appropriate medical facility will be able to salvage parts from my body before they become completely unusable.

Same idea, on a smaller scale, for my job, or the food I eat, or the things I buy. These are things I've taken so that my life isn't completely insufferable, but if I could be removed from the equation, they could be taken by someone else who might make better use of them.

Obvious answer is "Get better! Make the most of the life you have! Become someone who isn't a waste of oxygen!" Etc. Which, sure. That'd probably work. So now I just need to figure out how to care, defeat depression, catch a series of lucky breaks in this messed-up economy, and I'll be ALL SET. Yup. It's just that easy...

SophiaGrace said:

No, a girl drinking too much doesn't deserve to be raped.

But she's certainly putting herself into a dangerous situation by drinking too much. I'm not excusing the rape...

...but seriously. If she were smarter, she wouldn't have put herself in that situation to begin with.

The same goes for MEN who get raped or messed over when they're drunk.

The dumbest thing you could ever do is expect that others will treat you well and leave you safe, ESPECIALLY if you KNOW you're going to be inebriated. ESPECIALLY in some clubs these days.

Most of the time I feel that I am a waste of life. I dont see the point of my life and I dont have much hope for it improving in the future.

Heh there are a lot of reasons too. Im 23 and Ive had acne for 10 years, and ive been a loner for the past 4 years, I am like afraid of people and am really nervous around them, I have physical problems which make sexual intercourse impossible, so I am pretty certain I will be alone for the rest of my life.

So yea, thats why I feel like my life is worthless.

21acceptedbeingalone said:
Most of the time I feel that I am a waste of life. I dont see the point of my life and I dont have much hope for it improving in the future.

Heh there are a lot of reasons too. Im 23 and Ive had acne for 10 years, and ive been a loner for the past 4 years, I am like afraid of people and am really nervous around them, I have physical problems which make sexual intercourse impossible, so I am pretty certain I will be alone for the rest of my life.

So yea, thats why I feel like my life is worthless.

However, judging by your avatar, you have brilliant taste in music!

Nope.

I may have made mistakes - who hasn't - but none of them are so bad that they should negate my existence.

I have done good things, too, and this counts toward my value.

We all have inherent value. Do not ever let anyone tell you that you are worthless or a waste of whatever, life, space or oxygen. That's just hate talking.

Yep. I'm a total waste of life. 27 years old and still jobless because of some certain family problem, i don't think i'll have a bright future.

clavicula said:
Yep. I'm a total waste of life. 27 years old and still jobless because of some certain family problem, i don't think i'll have a bright future.

Hey buddy! I'm 26 and feel the same! It's comforting to know there are others in the same boat I guess. Hope you end up having a good day!

Hey, nice to meet you too. Life as a jobless man sux bro.

edit: i fail at quoting people, sorry me newbie

Latest posts

Back