Do You Have A "Dark Side" That Is The Extreme Antithesis Of Your Normal Self?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DreamerDeceiver said:
My favourite Dark Side is from a hot, fluffy, pancake, with Log Cabin syrup.

I have no idea exactly what Log Cabin syrup is (some kinda maple syrup?) but it sounds delicious :D

Anyway, everyone does I believe, to some extent. I'm a really caring and gentle person, actually, but I definitely have a burning primal aggression in me too. I'd say that's my "darkest" trait.

I used to love Rugby because it was essentially an organised, legitimate brawl! That inner part of me got a huge kick out of sending people flying and feeling the cold air on my face, like sandpaper. It was kind of like I was back in time, on some sort of battlefield, with all the nerves and exhiliration that would have come with it.

Similarly, my temper is a strange thing. I consider myself a patient individual, especially when it comes to dealing with people.

However, when I'm rarely pushed over that limit the amount of rage I have actually scares me.

About 5 years ago there was this guy that was picking on me for months and one day I snapped and released all my anger at once. It was like time slowed down for a moment and my memory stopped working, I just remember lunging at him and after that it's a blank, almost like some other part of me was running the show.

My friends were around at the time, and I remember how shocked they looked! Apparently I grabbed the guy by one of his legs, pulled it so that he went crashing to the floor, dragged him right across a paved courtyard, hitting out at him a couple of times. Then I tore off his shoes (goodness knows why) and threw them onto a roof.

Afterwards I remember seeing that blood had flecked onto my arms from where the pavement had grazed him up and just thought "Holy crap, I did that?"

Needless to say he never bothered me again. Oddly enough, we actually became friends after the incident :D

I also have a very passionate side and value the attention of girls a lot, but I'm not sure if that is "dark" or not. I'd like to think it's not, because I'm particular about who I apply it to.

I'm so incredibly messed up on the inside, but i wouldn't call it a dark side. More like an infinitely repressed side.

I think like a few or lot of you here, I am laid back. But rarely, about 5 times, someone has done something stupid, usually happens when someone hits me for no reason (like drunk people at a bar, or "friends" who are joking around) and I just flip out. You can really see the rage in my face. Well 4 of the times the other person has been injured. I fractured a bone in my friends hand after he kept kicking me in gym class, I punched a drunk guy who I didn't know after he slapped me 5 times and I walked away and then he followed me and slapped me again. I don't like this cause each and every single time I've wanted to kick the persons face in til their skull caves in. Now that is of course stupid, but in the moment I really don't care and feel that the person deserves it for being such a stupid f***. That is why I hate some types of drunks, the ones who get violent/physical, because if they do that with me I'll kick their face in and I won't have any remorse or sympathy.

This 'dark side' is not actually so much a 'evil twin' version of myself, but rather, a facet of my personality just like any other. All of humanity has in them the makings of a monster. I do have some temper problems, and a violent streak if pushed beyond my limits, but I strive to cultivate a calmness of mind and some sembalance of clarity.

Yes, but not in a necessarily malicious way. More of a curious what would it be like if I did such and such and then envision myself doing it. I just don't act on the urge.

I frequently watch real life shocking videos related to war, killing, torturing, accidents etc. I'm not enjoyed watch these but I just find them interesting.

Latest posts

Back