Do You Have A "Dark Side" That Is The Extreme Antithesis Of Your Normal Self?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. There are men probably still alive, who probably have families and normal happy lives right now, who killed my mother, nearly killed me and my father and shelled our house. My dad never recovered from it and died a broken man. I'm a shell of a person eking out an existenence hundreds of miles from what should be home. And I'm pretty ******* sore about it.

Yeah. I read twisted novels. Horror Movies. I love Gothic.
I daydream about crazy things. I'm outspoken how I feel and it seems harsh but it's just reality. Lots of people tell me how dark I am. Cause I'm attracted to all that stuff.

I'm inclined towards philosophical naturalism but during time talking to 'spritual people' and MBTI I've developed some thoughts on my 'dark side'.

When we deny or disown our sexual energy, resentment, innate natural aggression, or desire for boundaries we create an alternate 'persona' or 'dark side'. Which according to some spiritual people can manifest as 'dark energy' or a 'demon' (even if taken as a metaphor I think it's accurate).

According to people interested in neo-Jung psychology (I think) this aspect of ourselves is called our shadow self.

I have found that the more I accept aspects of myself that I hadn't wanted to acknowledge I have less tendencies to have a 'dark thoughts'.

I would actually say, that my whole being is half dark. In general, my dark side only shows towards myself... in the form of weaknesses, of my sins and my negative views on myself. Or when I do think that people think or talk bad about me, even while they maybe don't even notice me.

The dark side that is an absolute negative of my normal nature would be lust and rage. As for rage, I don't like violence, however, there are situations were I guess that I would not be able to control myself at all. For example, I do hate rapists and I guess if I would meet one in person, I surely would make sure to rip his "fun zone" out, even if I have to go to jail for it...
As for lust, I do have very old-fashioned views, but at the same time, I do have very much suppressed sexual desire, which I hope that it never leads me to something that I would regret... at least in the past, I could always avoid to take use of drunken or emotionally unstable girls.

I do hope, that my weaknesses will never get the control over me.

Latest posts

Back