Do you have a favorite year in your life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostInside

Reaction score
Is there a year in your life where it felt like everything was going great? I was just thinking about it today. In the year that started half-way after I turned 22 up to shortly past 23 things were going great. I had literally dozens of friends and I was meeting great people everywhere. I had a job I really enjoyed which more than made up for the lack of salary that I got and I was performing semi-decently with the women. Then I don't know exactly what happened but I lost contact, I returned to school because even though I liked my job it was a near minimum wage job that had minimal opportunities for salary increase. As for relationships with women, well if I had no mirrors I would have guessed my face was smashed because it went downhill and fast. The last year of my life has been very depressing and I can't figure out what happened. I really hope my early 20s weren't an outlier in my life because I really miss them.

So far, it would have been 12-13 for me. After that all hell went loose.

As of now I'm planning to have my favorite year when I'm 17. :D

Yes, 1997.
The year that I got into medical school... back then I do not care about women, so no emotional/romantic troubles. Our family went on a holiday, lots of congrats from friends and full of pride.... it was all downhill from there

Maybe before my parents divorced... I was very young then, 4 years old? Anyway, I still can remember.

my favorite year was when i was 19-20 years old.

i was in college, i had a mcjob that i loved, i was in the best physical shape of my life, and i was very popular with the ladies, grrrrrrr.

unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and after i finished college, i got my first real job, which even though it paid almost triple what i was making before, i really hated it. my boss was an ass, and my co-workers didn't like me much.

now i have a new job that i've held for a couple of years now. my boss and i get along great, but my co-workers here also don't like me. i gained 45 lbs from the time that i started working here, up until last year. i've lost 20 lbs now, and i'm feeling better, but i'm no longer popular with the ladies, at least not like i used to be.

I LOST MY MOJO!!! SOMEBODY FIND IT!!!

Since I hate reminiscing about the past (I think it's just a waste of time), I'll say that I think this year is the best of my life :)

Teresa

My earliest childhood memories are something I remember with a smile. Afterwards I can't say life sucked, actually I'm grateful, but it was always so-so. I never managed to feel fully happy like that. That's why all adults want to be kids again - you see only the beautiful side of life.

1999-2000. I was still in grade school. Had lots free time and lots of people with whom to spend it with. And it was the turn of a new millennium! Who would a thought it would go downhill from there?
Buuuutt unfortunately I was a late bloomer so my adolescent years we're a piece of honeysuckle. And the rest.

PieBeNice said:
When I was like 1 year old and didn't have to use a toilet.

LOL!!! But then you had a poopy bum til your diaper was changed & you could only do what your parents wanted you to do. :)

Teresa

Hmm, the eras of time that things have gone really great in my life seem to be deemed more in terms of months, because there was always some new thing to be unhappy about, lol. I've never had a great year, per se, but it's probably like that for most people?

The year that sticks out to me the most in terms of feeling free, expressing myself in new ways, feeling happy about myself.. would probably be 2008; but even back then I had weaknesses in some areas of my life, so I wouldn't want to go back in time or anything. I'm really looking forward to my best years being the upcoming ones. :D

My first year of college/16/2002(?). I had three very cool friends on the course and the course itself was great (art).

Latest posts

Back