Do you have a favourite accent?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To my French ears, Québécois accent are a real turn on ^^

Otherwise Danish/Finnish are super cute, it must have to do with their special pronunciation... and around a German accent I feel relaxed :)

British sounds too posh actually, it's really not a favorite of mine, same for Russian, it feels overconfidant...

To my French ears, Québécois accent are a real turn on ^^
LOL SERIOUSLY?!?
Do you mean when talking in french or English?
I've always hated the accent. I think we sound like half-drunk frenchmen. I made a lot of effort to try and eliminate my accent when speaking english, I'm happy when I get the "I didn't even know you were french" like a girl at work told me last week.

Edit: Half-drunk redneck like frenchmen. It kind of always bugged me, I feel most Québécois like me are like, the rednecks of the french world. That's kind of why I have so few friends that I enjoy on a daily basis. I usually enjoy the less trashy, bit more educated Quebecquers on a daily basis. The ones that have different convos than sports, cars, girls, make up, shoes and traveling or the latest reality shows.

Last edited:
For english? Whatever they speak the most so I can understand it, assuming I struggle with say French or Scouse accent, which means "New York American" or Posh I guess.

Whatever Dr. Smith's (Lost in Space) accent was.
That is my favorite accent.

I think it's called the "Mid-Atlantic" or "Transatlantic" accent, because it sounds like a cross between British and American. I found it curious that it's an accent that's consciously learned and adopted - no one spoke it by default.

Here's more on it, if you're interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Atlantic_accent

Depends on a language.
For English - French (but sometime difficult to understand)

I think it's called the "Mid-Atlantic" or "Transatlantic" accent, because it sounds like a cross between British and American. I found it curious that it's an accent that's consciously learned and adopted - no one spoke it by default.

Here's more on it, if you're interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Atlantic_accent
Yes.
But Jonathan Harris had a unique variation of it that was all his own.
He was one of a kind.

Definitely also enjoy a Serbian accent too. I'm not cultured or travelled enough to know if there's variations, but I watch a classically trained guitarist on Twitch who has a fantastic accent.

Latest posts

Back