Do you have a religion?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hijacc

Reaction score
This may or may not be a touchy subject im just want to know what you are.....

I am baptist

i thought we already had these discussions ---battle fields lol...----christian, u?

cool...whats it about? like main points of the belief or faith?

'My religion is science'-Qui

ditto ^^

my dad is jewish but my mother is agnostic, I dont know about my step-dad but my stepmom is Mormon......which I find disturbing (no offense to mormans, just the few I've met were creepy and odd...ESPECIALLY her)

wow..u got whole package for free..amen

bleh, my dad is the 'business' jew (he is jewish but doesnt go to temple and is a real stickler when it comes to money) my step-mom is a crazy nutbag who forced me to go to church for some holiday so I had to sit there listening to kids singing for hours.....and lets just say that I've heard more harmonious noises from a dying moose.

Are there any religious people in here who beleive in Evolution or something that is rejected by your religion as a whole? (gay marriage, ect)

were there any religious ppl ever anywhere who approved of evolution and homosexuality?

Yes, its called being tolerant. Im asking if anyone on this forum is tolerant, it should be an easy question to answer.

tottally, i'm quite Liberal

:p

anyways, i was brought up Lutheren, I don't really know what to call myself at the moment

I guess you can call me agnostic I'm not saying there is a God and I'm not saying there isn't a God who am I to make such a call?

But I am leaning towards believing there is a God but I will probably never accept any mainstream religion after the things I've learned sitting in The Problem of God class that I didn't even take I just sat in on it cause it was interesting and the professor is legendary and retiring after this year.

Revelation(from God) can surpass your reason but it can never contradict it

^Probably one of the best thing I've ever heard anyone say

I do believe that evolution is true but if I was to say that the bible was really God's revelation(which it might be) than I'd say that Genesis was figurative and not meant to be interpreted literally...

For the most part I concur with NeverMore.

I do lean towards the existence of God, but from there I tend to have a rather deist perspective.

I am agnostic. If GOD is real his message is half truths and half lies. Satans tells the truth but uses lies to manipulate people for his own games and evil. The both of them are liars. They are both just different kinds of evil.

Hijacc said:
This may or may not be a touchy subject im just want to know what you are.....

I am baptist

LMAO sorry man But that made me LOL well it has to be one or the other lol A touchy subject that is :p,,,,,,,Think about it????? lol

Fulgrim said:
'My religion is science'-Qui

ditto ^^

my dad is jewish but my mother is agnostic, I dont know about my step-dad but my stepmom is Mormon......which I find disturbing (no offense to mormans, just the few I've met were creepy and odd...ESPECIALLY her)

WOW! That is quite remarkable that your parents have very different paths.

And you have chows the science.

While I do not really believe in a God as such I am tolerant to all believers and would lessen to all that is said with what I hope would be an open mined. I suppose you could say I am a agnostic has well but then I don't understand exactly what an agnostic is so I well just say I don't ever see any prof that there is a God that's there so in tell I do I well continue to do my own thing. Personally I do think there is moor prof of there Not being a God then there is of one existing.

I also believe in science, but I try to have a humanistic perspective as well (although it seems like people unintentionally try to prove me wrong all day)- I believe all people, from the most altruistic saints to mass murderers, have some goodness in them. I'm not about to accept the dichotomy of good and evil that is present in all major world religions. I also believe in the morals of religion and its purpose (to answer questions, give people meaning, encourage social unity). I don't really believe in any rituals, though, because I see plenty of "religious" people who just go through the motions but are not very kind or moral people. If I were to choose a religion, I am more drawn towards non-deist religions like Buddhism and Jainism. I sorta believe in karma (although I haven't experienced much good karma yet) and personal responsibility for one's actions. I believe that you can only control your action, and not the reaction. I believe in living in peace with the world and the environment, and I think all life forms should be respected. I believe that a mental/physical/spiritual equilibrium can be achieved if one gives up attachments- material and personal. I like that these religions understand and respect the power of the mind, instead of characterizing humankind as a puppet of a higher being. Aaagh I always start to rant when the topic of religion comes up...see my post in the "deadly sins" thread- it's really frickin' long.

What this guy says is good not saying hes right but hes good at explaining god is exists.

Really interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back