Do you like human beings?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SophiaGrace said:
Lately I feel like human beings are a dissapointment and oh so very undependable and fallible.

Do you like human beings? Why or why not?
I appologize i havent read this whole thread but this is my personal thoughts on the question.

Honestly not alot of the time. I have when i got very depressed and angry and feeling selfish and hurt because of things ive dealt with in my life and personal pain etc, almost felt like a misanthrope and feel like i hated people. But heres the problem with that kind of thinking. If you hate people, it also means you hate yourself because you cant escape being a human yourself so youre as falible as everybody else, and when youre engaged in self hatred youre not really thinking clearly, or either youre blaming everybody else for what youre going through.

I think alot of time people that end up not liking people are that way because theyre continually dissapointed and let down by people. The ones who hurt the most by others actions are the ones who hope the hardest, dream the longest and speak the loudest for what they believe in. You end up putting humanity on a sort of pedestal and were let down again and again because of this. People are not perfect, they can be selfish caniving, lieing, backstabbing and downright evil creatures. But heres the thing. Alot of people get that way because of just what a person is dealing with when they get to this state.

Youre let down so you figure it doesnt matter what i do etc, everybodys selfish, they suck, people are mean hateful etc. But if YOU give up you become just like the thing you hate the most.

So what i realized was i CANT change everybody else, but i can change myself so i try my best to be a kind, caring, generous loving person. Sometimes i stumble, people make fun of me still, theyre cruel ignorant hatefilled all those things that people are famous for, all thats true. But I am not like them, and everybody has that choice.

Thats what saves me from becoming a misanthrope, knowing i have a choice and believeing it matters, because i could be the difference between the next person in this sittuation losing all their hope in humanity as well.

I hope that makes sense. God bless and good luck with it.

The following is a poem by the Elephant Man Joseph AKA John Merrick. He learned how to love people despite how cruel they were to him. He was a very beautiful human being, and i think THAT is why people remember him NOT for his deformities. People like joseph are the reason i have hope for humanity :)

A POEM OFTEN QUOTED BY JOHN MERRICK

Tis true my form is something odd.
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew,
I would not fail in pleasing you.
If I could reach from pole to pole,
Or grasp the ocean with a span,
I would be measured by the soul,
The mind's the standard of the man.

(This poem was used by John Merrick in a pamphlet accompanying his freak show,

and later when he wrote to thank people for their generosity in caring for him)

Shadetree, I just want to briefly acknowledge your response, which was actually beautiful. When I have more energy, I'll respond to it.

Just finished watching this documentary on child protective services reform earlier this evening:

[youtube]48YF1uEuCUA[/youtube]

Its kewl you dont gotta respond, i hope whatever it is youre dealing with gets better though and youre able to get some rest.

Humanity has become terrible, with exceptions. Of course not everyone is shitty, but the majority of society has begun raising people...differently. Because of the way we're being taught, it's now natural to be an ass. It's unnatural now to be pure and kind. I'm even shitty in ways I won't mention at the moment. Everyone is, in some way, now.

Not all humans are, but humanity as a whole is a piece of honeysuckle.

I have to like human beings, otherwise I couldn't possibly run a bed & breakfast business. I feed them well, give them a nice comfy bed for their stay, and they thank me and come back again.

Of course, there always are those cruds who try and get away without paying, but thankfully they are few and far between because I send Gnasher after them. :p

I have a thick skin and those who wish to be rude find their rudeness just rolls over me. Mostly, people are fine as long as one doesn't annoy them.

As a general rule, I don't like human beings, no.

If a human is fit, healthy, intelligent then I don't mind them as much. But I really can't stand the ugly, stupid, fat, old ones. They need to go.

This is the conclusion I've reached after being a physician for coming on 10 years now. I don't buy the argument that people are too poor to afford a mirror or a decent set of clothes. And if they are so poor, how do they manage to eat so much? How do they manage to have a smartphone and an SUV? Where do they get the money to buy tobacco, booze, and lottery tickets?

Answer that, those of you think I'm mean.

While it is true that I am fond of certain individuals, I do not like people in general.

lonelydoc said:
This is the conclusion I've reached after being a physician for coming on 10 years now. I don't buy the argument that people are too poor to afford a mirror or a decent set of clothes. And if they are so poor, how do they manage to eat so much? How do they manage to have a smartphone and an SUV? Where do they get the money to buy tobacco, booze, and lottery tickets?

Why is any of that your business?
Who knows why you are so cynical (probably learned from your parents) - how would you like to be judged in such a manner?

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
lonelydoc said:

Why is any of that your business?
Who knows why you are so cynical (probably learned from your parents) - how would you like to be judged in such a manner?

-Teresa

Ditto. Those comments are really uncalled for Doc. I guess it's true what they say about poor bedside manners. I know, lets criticize all the negative things about you and see how that makes you feel. (Seriously though, don't anyone do that).

lonelydoc said:
As a general rule, I don't like human beings, no.

If a human is fit, healthy, intelligent then I don't mind them as much. But I really can't stand the ugly, stupid, fat, old ones. They need to go.

First of all, if that's your attitude and you really are a doctor, I feel sorry for your patients. Having a poor bedside manner is such a hindrance to decent patient care. The poor attitude you're displaying makes me wish they had a school just for teaching the gentle, kind, basic bedside manner that I think all doctors and nurses should show. It's not that difficult to be nice, even if one does disagree.

Second, with you being a doctor, then you should know that the price of unhealthy fast food and junk food is significantly less than a decent, half-way healthy meal. It's quicker, easier, and rather thoughtless of many people to pick up a quarter-pounder from McDonald's, than it is to actually go home with fresh, organic groceries and actually cook a meal themselves. But you're a doctor, right? I'm not telling you anything even the most general practitioner doesn't already have an inkling of.

Third, these "ugly, stupid, fat, old ones" that you're talking about, well, I'd rather spend my day with an ugly, stupid, fat, old person if they showed even half of the humility and decency that I'd expect from a doctor such as yourself. Don't quit your day job, yeah? Because if someone hasn't reported your lack of caring and understanding at your job, I'd be wildly surprised.

Fourth, to answer the thread's question: I do not like nor dislike human beings. That really depends on the individual with me.

lonelydoc said:
... But I really can't stand the ugly, stupid, fat, old ones. They need to go.

You were warned to quit promoting hatred here with these strange generalizations. Have a nice vacation and go play doctor elsewhere for a while.

Minus said:
You were warned to quit promoting hatred here with these strange generalizations. Have a nice vacation and go play doctor elsewhere for a while.

But I thought he was an actual doctor? He's said so many, many times.. I can't fathom why anyone would just "make it up" for the heck of it.

The first post I read when jumping into this thread was the one from lonelydoc, basically putting half the world down. I know admin had a go at them but banning permanently would be better. I'm so sick of people like that, who put everyone down and chuck people in a certain category. So fat people go in the fat pile, ugly people go in the ugly pile. HUH? How incredibly immature and pathetic, and is no better than racism. There are many reasons, physical and emotional, for people being the way they are. It's people like that who ruin the world for the decent ones.

Anyway what I intended to post about was whether I like human beings. Well mostly I don't but it's only because of the way people keep on treating me. I've tried so many times all my life to get to know people, and 99% of the time I'm messed around, lied to, taken for a fool, humiliated, etc.. Being a nice guy with a big heart gets me nowhere in this world. Just in the last few days I've been trodden on by someone I thought was a nice new friend who I was getting along really well with via email and we talked about meeting. Suddenly I'm blocked out of the blue, and I don't have a clue why and will probably never know. I think social media has a lot to do with it, because people are spoiled for friends so they are extra choosy and only look for perfection. They don't look deep enough though to really see who is a good person and worth knowing. It's all about what people are like in the first few words they write, or what they look like, or what music they like, or other things that have nothing to do with who someone is deep down.

I try to like people, really. I do like kids. I know that most of their problems comes from their upbringing. I prefer to be alone, or with animals. They're more honest than people.

Latest posts

Back